Jarrett Stidham

Adoni Beast

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I see Stidham getting very high grades from the old school QB scouts, and coaches, and he probably comes out this year IMO, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him right now, but hold the right to change my mind after doing some actual home work on the kid.

7 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah I see Stidham getting very high grades from the old school QB scouts, and coaches, and he probably comes out this year IMO, and I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him right now, but hold the right to change my mind after doing some actual home work on the kid.

One thing that really impresses me is that he is in a completely different system than he was at Baylor, and had all of last season off.

I don’t think he’s a Day 1 starter, but his ceiling is extrenely high.

What does a QB prospect have to do to get some attention around here? In the span of 3 weeks, the man has taken down 2 UNDEFEATED SEC TEAMS THAT WERE RANKED #1 IN THE COUNTRY. Oh well off to the SEC championship game.  I hope Mac is paying better attention though.

On 11/25/2017 at 7:41 PM, Adoni Beast said:

He just beat Alabama. He didn’t have gaudy numbers, but he led that victory. He will probably stay another year and be the #1 pick next year, but if he comes out this year, he’s a first rounder.

This is the guy I want us to draft. This or next year.

21 hours ago, legler82 said:

What does a QB prospect have to do to get some attention around here? In the span of 3 weeks, the man has taken down 2 UNDEFEATED SEC TEAMS THAT WERE RANKED #1 IN THE COUNTRY. Oh well off to the SEC championship game.  I hope Mac is paying better attention though.

but this wasn't the reason to draft Watson.... I have not watched the full Bama v Auburn game. I will not comment on Stidham in that game, but from what I have seen (and I like him). I still think he needs another year before moving to NFL. Based on stats (I know stats don't tell whole story) it seems like Stidham did not carry the team.... as i said i will watch full game then comment fully.

52 minutes ago, Stark said:

but this wasn't the reason to draft Watson.... I have not watched the full Bama v Auburn game. I will not comment on Stidham in that game, but from what I have seen (and I like him). I still think he needs another year before moving to NFL. Based on stats (I know stats don't tell whole story) it seems like Stidham did not carry the team.... as i said i will watch full game then comment fully.

Oh i agree he needs another year, just like mahomes needed a year to sit. Id still take stidham in the 2nd, or later on the 1st even.

I just think his talent is worth it, and I don’t view him as a rebuild project like Hackneberg was/is.

3 hours ago, Stark said:

His stats in the game and this season does not paint the full picture.  When you watch the game, you will see that Auburn go run heavy in the red zone with zone reads and Wildcat.  This has been the case all year.  For example, the stats say Stidham had 1 TD against Missouri but if you saw that game you know he could have just as easily had 6+ TDs. He got the offense in the red zone many times that game only to hand it off or be flanked wide in Wildcat formation while his Kerryon Johnson rushed for 5 TDs.  Kerryon Johnson had just 48 yards on 18 carries that game; so that tells you those TDs were of the red zone ground and pound/3 yards and a cloud of dust variety.  As of a couple weeks ago Auburn was 12th in the nation and 2nd only behind Alabama in points per game (probably even better now).   So Stidham is helping the offense put up plenty of points but doing most of his damage between the 20s.  His only chance to score TDs in this offense though is via the big play.  Besides his team's offensive stats and record, the stats that says all you need to know about Stidham is his almost 70% CMP and 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio against SEC defenses no less.

It is somewhat ironic that some who haven't seen him play will knock him for his production this season or lack there of when we all know he would have been putting up video game like numbers had he stayed in Art Briles offense at Baylor.  If I remember correctly I think he had 12 TDs to just 2 INTs in just 2 1/2 starts and 7 games of garbage time.  Imagine those extrapolated across 3 full seasons?  Then the knock would be those are inflated numbers produced by the gimmicky Spread against weak Big 12 defenses.  

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/auburn_sec_player_of_the_week.html

Jarrett Stidham named SEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week for Iron Bowl performance

Updated Posted 

By Tom Green

Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham was named the SEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week, the league announced Monday.

Stidham earned the honor after excelling in his first Iron Bowl, leading Auburn to a 26-14 win against then-No. 1 Alabama. He split the weekly recognition with Missouri quarterback Drew Lock.

Stidham completed 21-of-28 passes for 237 yards while adding another 51 yards rushing and a touchdown against Alabama on Saturday as Auburn clinched the SEC West and punched its ticket to Atlanta for this weekend's SEC Championship Game against Georgia. 

Stidham helped guide Auburn's offense to 408 total yards and 26 points, which were season-highs allowed by Alabama's top-ranked defense. His 75 percent completion rate was tied for the second-best in Iron Bowl history with a minimum of 20 pass attempts.

Stidham's 16-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter gave Auburn a 12-point lead, which marked the largest deficit Alabama faced all season and the first time the Tide trailed by double-digits this year. 

Stidham was particularly effective on third downs, completing 7-of-9 passes for 106 yards, with six of those completions resulting in first downs.

Fantasy College Football Breaking News

Jarrett Stidham: Stidham improves stock with strong showing

Jarrett Stidham - QB - AUB - Nov. 27 - 5:03 pm et

Auburn redshirt sophomore QB Jarrett Stidham is a likely second-day pick if he enters the draft, according to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline.
Stidham (6'3/214) was listed as one of Pauline's risers after he strong showing against Alabama on Saturday. He notes that the quarterback 'possesses next level physical skills and gets it between the ears, effectively reading defenses and staying away from poor decisions'. Pauline also mentions that many inside of Auburn believe Stidham will decide to enter the draft. Another big game against Georgia -- and a trip to the playoffs -- could see that stock rise even higher. Nov. 27 - 5:03 pm et 
Source: Draft Analyst

The only acceptable scenario for me, if we miss out of trading up for Darnold or Rosen, would be drafting a LT or Edge with our 1st, and trading back into late 1st or using our 2nd on Stidham. He’ll need time to sit, but he’s not a mess that needs to fixed.

Sounds good. Tell me about Stidham. Who does he remind you of? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

38 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’d say Garropolo with a much bigger. A mix of Jimmy G and Derek Carr (cause of arm strength + deep ball accuracy). 

I don't like using Garropolo as a comp for anyone, since Jimmy hasn't done jack in the league. 

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

I don't like using Garropolo as a comp for anyone, since Jimmy hasn't done jack in the league. 

Yeah i was actuslly using Jimmy and Carr from their college evals. Its tough to find someone in thr NFL who i think Stidhams game is close to.

I didn’t wanna say Brady cause then everyones gonna be say “oook relax.” But in actuality, he throws lots of short and intermediate quick throws very accurately, and then opens it up with long shots down the field.

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Glad to see you keeping the bandwagon going.  Any comments from Saturday?  I'm sure some of the people getting ready to climb on were not impressed. Obviously not his best game. 

Every draft you can only pick from who is available.  Given the choice I'd much rather have Carr, Mariota, Wentz or Mahomes in hand right now then having to pick a QB out of this class.  We were sold a bill of goods when we were led to believe that this QB class was suppose to be the one you pass on all the other previous classes for.  All that said, I maintain Stidham has the best combination of tools one looks for in an NFL QB prospect.  For that, he is my guy in THIS draft provided he comes out and Rosen is not available to us.

Regarding the game, I think it was his worst.  I place it there at the top above his 11 sack performance over Clemson and the LSU collapse.  The previous 2 poor performances had the excuses of rust and poor in game adjustments by the coaching staff respectively.  This game still had the same coaching issues but for the first time I saw pressure from both Georgia and the moment affect him and more importantly his accuracy.  He short armed a more than a couple throws to open WRs in the 2nd half when the game was slipping away.  The SEC humbles everyone at some point or another.

Selfishly as a Jets fan I was hoping for the team to lay an egg so that the hype train could slow down a bit and he stays within our draft-able range.  Staying at Auburn under that offense may help his draft position for it will not do him any favors in terms of his development as a QB.

48 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Stidham is a hard guy to comp.   I would say this year's iteration of Josh McCown or a more accurate Ryan Tannehill.

No joke, I was going to say that I see the JETS  Josh McCown in him, and in this offense I think he could be good. I still think I would prefer another year of college for him. 

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

No joke, I was going to say that I see the JETS  Josh McCown in him, and in this offense I think he could be good. I still think I would prefer another year of college for him. 

If one likes what McCown is doing in this offense, then one should love Stidham as he brings the same skill sets with upside to boot.

Every draft you can only pick from who is available.  Given the choice I'd much rather have Carr, Mariota, Wentz or Mahomes in hand right now then having to pick a QB out of this class.  We were sold a bill of goods when we were led to believe that this QB class was suppose to be the one you pass on all the other previous classes for.  All that said, I maintain Stidham has the best combination of tools one looks for in an NFL QB prospect.  For that, he is my guy in THIS draft provided he comes out and Rosen is not available to us.
Regarding the game, I think it was his worst.  I place it there at the top above his 11 sack performance over Clemson and the LSU collapse.  The previous 2 poor performances had the excuses of rust and poor in game adjustments by the coaching staff respectively.  This game still had the same coaching issues but for the first time I saw pressure from both Georgia and the moment affect him and more importantly his accuracy.  He short armed a more than a couple throws to open WRs in the 2nd half when the game was slipping away.  The SEC humbles everyone at some point or another.
Selfishly as a Jets fan I was hoping for the team to lay an egg so that the hype train could slow down a bit and he stays within our draft-able range.  Staying at Auburn under that offense may help his draft position for it will not do him any favors in terms of his development as a QB.

What makes him better than hackenberg?

3 hours ago, joebagadonuts7 said:

What makes him better than hackenberg?

This is like asking what makes McCown different from Hackenberg.  For one accuracy!  Hack couldn't complete more than 60% of his passes in any year in college.  This guy completes close to 70% of his passes in the SEC, without question, toughest conference in college football.  

This is like asking what makes McCown different from Hackenberg.  For one accuracy!  Hack couldn't complete more than 60% of his passes in any year in college.  This guy completes close to 70% of his passes in the SEC, without question, toughest conference in college football.  

Excellent. I’m going to watch more film. Thanks.

Finally got the chance to watch the SEC championship game and what I came away with is that Jarrett Stidham did not play as poorly as some are suggesting . yes, Auburn lost badly but instead of evaluating the play of the QB based on the outcome of the game, evaluate him on the type of throws he made and the conditions he made them under .

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Finally got the chance to watch the SEC championship game and what I came away with is that Jarrett Stidham did not play as poorly as some are suggesting . yes, Auburn lost badly but instead of evaluating the play of the QB based on the outcome of the game, evaluate him on the type of throws he made and the conditions he made them under .

100% agreed. If we could take a LT in the first and Stidham in the second, and if available a C with our other second...that would be be optimal for me.

19 hours ago, Tinstar said:

How poorly are some suggesting? I think it was his worst game because he missed some throws to guys that were open.  That's something I rarely have to say about Stidham as his accuracy is his best trait.   No matter how you slice it he didn't play well; that's coming from the biggest Stidham fan there is.

• 3 weeks later...

This man currently doing his thing against UCF. He will be interesting to follow. No idea if he declares but a few passing TDs today might impact that. 

Notes so far:

•takes care of the ball

•very calm demeanor

•accurate throwing on run

•accurate throwing an out route

•athletic but has

had issues slipping on the turf

Archived