****OFFICIAL JETS V TAMPA GAMEDAY THREAD LARZ IS A FRAUD IT’S 6:21 AM******

T0mShane

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, JiF said:

Did Jared Goff earn his job?  Bortles?  No.  But their teams played them through the sh*t and are better off for it.  

The issue is, you could easily have 3 wins with Petty and that’s is infinitely more valuable than 4 with McCown. 

remember how all you heard from the eagles last season was "chase daniel" gives us the best chance to win?   

9 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

If you take away the poor offensive line play and receivers dropping passes, McCown is basically Brady. Just younger. Consider the less mileage he's logged, no reason to think we can't have 7 more years of McC helming our franchise. 

I reacted viscerally to this post. And not in a good way .

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The good news is as an organization (JetNation LLC) we are having internal meetings this week to discuss loosening the language around tank talk lol.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The sad thing, there have been actual conversations within our organization about bringing a soon-to-be 39 year old career journeyman back as our starting QB, with sole intentions of having him start. Let that sink in. 

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Wow, Phil. We have the Pats, Chiefs, Broncos, Saints, Panthers and Chargers. You're being really magnanimous. lol

LOL!!!

Gotta get that Chargers game. Can we go no tank that day and make it a Christmas present for me?

A roundly unimpressive performance today.  

Once again, when the opportunity for competitiveness knocks, the Jets refuse to answer, and play down and below their worst opponents (i.e. Same Old Jets being Same Old).

The season is over now.  The team may refuse to accept that (expected) and mock us all by acting like a team thats not out of it (expected) and continue starting old men like Forte and McCown (expected), but the season ended today.

All that's left is to see at least one young QB play (doubtful till we hit the 8th or 9th loss) and to see where we draft.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine a piece of 120 grit sandpaper getting inserted into one ear, passed through your brain, and removed from the opposite ear. 

Ahhhh similar experience to every Jets playoff loss I’ve seen and felt.  ? Actually I was being facetious. I saw the game but kept encouraging myself to just go to sleep instead.  Brutal display of ineptitude. Carolina and KC next up. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets showed up flat and unprepared after 10 days rest, this on Todd Bowles he will be fired on black Monday.  

Way too many penalties. 

Josh McCown sucks ass. 

We desperately need a #1 WR. 

Is that all we need? You’re a true optimist ?

Brutal display today... 

Bowles jumps right back onto the hot seat after this team came out as flat as could be on offense. The entire offense was terrible. The defense played well but the penalties need to stop yesterday.

The penalties and dropped passes were brutal and all seemed to come at key times. The offensive line took 10 steps back after dominating Buffalo. Is it just a coincidence that Brandon Shell happened to be back in the lineup and they struggled?

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

That is fine to say but if it is true, then the GM and the HC have to go if the best that they could have possibly have had this season is McCown.  He is a Journeyman QB for a reason.

McCown isn't on the Jets starting as an act of God; he is here because after three years leading the Jets the GM and the HC felt that he was the best that they could get and do and if that is the case they should be fired. Fired!

And no I have not called for Bowles or Macs head and want to give them time but if their excuse is McCown "gives us the best chance to win" after 3 years and you have neither identified nor developed a better alternative to 38 year old McCown, then yes you should be fired, period.

You don't get to be the reason why the most important position on the field sucks after 3 years and say lets do it again next year, no, not if I am in charge you don't.

Here,here! 

I'm hoping that Bowles inability to win the "important " games is ultimately the tipping point for ownership.

But who's kidding who. Unless a prominent figure comes out of nowhere, Bowles will be here again next year.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

That is fine to say but if it is true, then the GM and the HC have to go if the best that they could have possibly have had this season is McCown.  He is a Journeyman QB for a reason.

McCown isn't on the Jets starting as an act of God; he is here because after three years leading the Jets the GM and the HC felt that he was the best that they could get and do and if that is the case they should be fired. Fired!

And no I have not called for Bowles or Macs head and want to give them time but if their excuse is McCown "gives us the best chance to win" after 3 years and you have neither identified nor developed a better alternative to 38 year old McCown, then yes you should be fired, period.

You don't get to be the reason why the most important position on the field sucks after 3 years and say lets do it again next year, no, not if I am in charge you don't.

Here,here! 

I'm hoping that Bowles inability to win the "important " games is ultimately the tipping point for ownership.

But who's kidding who. Unless a prominent figure comes out of nowhere, Bowles will be here again next year.

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

You deserve a medal for witnessing the game, lol. From the tv, it seemed like there was a whole lot Jets fans in the stands.

The best part of the game was sitting with so many Jets fans!  Few fans have endured as much suffering :(

4 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

More importantly they held to 15. Pay no attention, TOP was 28/32...i'ts not how much time you have it's what you do with the time. D also had crap field position at times due to O not moving chains with deep punts and bad coverage by ST's. O also went 3 and out all day which not only killed possible point production but also didn't help by keeping the opposing O off the field which is something though not vital in this game is essential against a Brady type.

defense did their job outside of a couple costly penalties... one gave them a first down deep into our territory(skrine for personal foul for what looked like a viscuis but legal hit) and one negating a pick(by Maye?).

Offense... McCown looked like the 2nd coming of sanchez.  I swear i saw a butt sack...

Just watched the game on DVR. It started at the beginning with holding calls which hurt us on early drives esp. We did throw the ball more often on first downs but it didn't work. Also poor field position which the Jets couldn't work themselves out of. Whereas the Bucs had good field position even though they didn't take advantage of it. Overall our defense played well enough to win. Our offense including McCown was flat. This was our best chance to win a game and maybe compete a little bit.The rest of our games are tougher starting with Carolina. The defense who stuffed us all day statistically was at the bottom of the league until today. 

16 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

defense did their job outside of a couple costly penalties... one gave them a first down deep into our territory(skrine for personal foul for what looked like a viscuis but legal hit) and one negating a pick(by Maye?).

Offense... McCown looked like the 2nd coming of sanchez.  I swear i saw a butt sack...

Yeah. Bottom line they held to 15 points and Nice had 4min more in TOP any O would love to have that.

5 hours ago, Pac said:

the only thing more disgusting than the Jets offense today is the vultures circling this thread trying to act as if todays game is indicative of how they've played all year.

you guys do realize most people on this site have watched all the games this year, right?

Last week we had a multi-page thread arguing that both Macc and Bowles deserved an extension based on the Bills win, and the anti-tank crowd spent most of it gloating on how wrong we all were. 

This team was 4-5 entering today.  What, exactly, was there ever to be excited about?  A 38-year old has been our QB all season long.  Today, he had an awful day and we lost.  Because that's what you get when you can't draft QB's and are forced to start a 38-year old journeyman.   

You sir, can kindly GTFO.  

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Did Ryan Fitzpatrick just give Todd Bowles the cold shoulder there?

And did Todd Bowles just play it off by going to shake the hand of some guy behind Ryan Fitzpatrick?

LMAO

Why would he be pissed off at Bowles?  Bowles is the only HC in this league that was willing to make him a multi-year starter.  

5 hours ago, The Walrus said:

We're in no mans land now at 4-6.

Not mathematically eliminated but not in reality likely to make the playoffs with the teams we have coming with such inconsistent performance.

Literally nothing to be excited about except our awesome safety combo.  

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Last week we had a multi-page thread arguing that both Macc and Bowles deserved an extension based on the Bills win, and the anti-tank crowd spent most of it gloating on how wrong we all were. 

This team was 4-5 entering today.  What, exactly, was there ever to be excited about?  A 38-year old has been our QB all season long.  Today, he had an awful day and we lost.  Because that's what you get when you can't draft QB's and are forced to start a 38-year old journeyman.   

Take your meds.

You spent 6 months telling us all that we have zero talent and would go 0-16.  They could lose out and still surpass your idiotic prognostications.

Get my $50 and your shinebox ready.

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What some people were and still excited about is that this team was able to win 4 games despite having Mccown. Everyone knows this team is drafting/signing/trading for a QB in the offseason. I am going to assume the coaches know Petty/Hack suck which is why they aren't playing. 

At least we went into week 10 with SOME hope. I have watched the Jets lose many big games and this game didn't hurt at all  because we  had two good possible outcomes coming into the game:

1- Win and we still have playoff hopes...albeit very small

2- Lose and we improve our chances at getting a relatively good draft pick. The problem we  have is that there are SOO many bad teams this year. Of the bottom 12 or so teams that played this weekend, 10 of them lost. Only the Bucs (thanks to us) and the Niners salvaged wins. 

Archived