Because Misery Loves Company...

jetswinbaby!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Extremely when they draft Rosen and he's out for the season after 2 games because they're oline makes ours look like the great wall of China.

They draft Rosen and he sits for a year behind Eli.  Eli gets beat up into retirement. 

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, this thread would have been up regardless of whether the Jets won or lost. Which just goes to show that some fans don't really even care about the Jets winning or losing. They just care about whining.

you don't have to post about everything.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They shouldn’t. At least if he plans to sit for two years. That’s a waste

Who plans to sit for 2 years? How can you even make such a statement when you don't know which QB they will pick? Manning looks to be done at least with a rebuilding team. They will pick a QB and he will be starting by mid-season of next year. The writing is on the wall with todays loss and the Giants know it. Their players are pointing fingers at the coach, the GM is on the hot seat. They are primed to tear it all down and start from the ground up. The first block is the franchise QB and they will build on it. They will most likely have their pick of any of the QB's that come out. Only an idiot would pass on that chance. For all my dislike of that franchise the Giants have rarely been stupid when it comes to rebuilding from the ground up. I've watched them do it too often to think otherwise.

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Who plans to sit for 2 years? How can you even make such a statement when you don't know which QB they will pick? Manning looks to be done at least with a rebuilding team. They will pick a QB and he will be starting by mid-season of next year. The writing is on the wall with todays loss and the Giants know it. Their players are pointing fingers at the coach, the GM is on the hot seat. They are primed to tear it all down and start from the ground up. The first block is the franchise QB and they will build on it. They will most likely have their pick of any of the QB's that come out. Only an idiot would pass on that chance. For all my dislike of that franchise the Giants have rarely been stupid when it comes to rebuilding from the ground up. I've watched them do it too often to think otherwise.

I say that because the only guy I can see that is plug and play is Darnold. Rosen will need a year or two. And that is the guy the Giants will get I think

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's not the Jets Way. That's the Chiefs way. Chiefs who have not had a drafted QB win a game since 1987

Thats what I mean. The Jets do it the smart way instead: build the team (safeties, inside linebackers, punter) and get the QB as the last piece. You can just get one whenever

Just now, dbatesman said:

Thats what I mean. The Jets do it the smart way instead: build the team (safeties, inside linebackers, punter) and get the QB as the last piece. You can just get one whenever

I would refer to OL and WRs but you get the idea. worked for Parcells and Rex, although no SUper Bowl, they got closer than Joe Walton

Highlights: Hundley, Packers take out Bears

Video by FOX Sports

The time has not yet come for Eli Manning to step down as the starting quarterback of the New York Giants, but it is drawing nearer.

Although general manager Jerry Reese and head coach Ben McAdoo remain committed to Manning this season, it’s become apparent that the 36-year-old Manning is on the downside of his remarkable career. And while many of the team’s offensive struggles can be blamed on a poor offensive line and injuries at skill positions, Manning has not been without fault.

Even after the conclusion of the 2016 season — a season in which the Giants finished with an 11-5 record — management acknowledged that the search for Manning’s successor had begun. That became even more evident when they selected quarterback Davis Webb in the third-round of the NFL Draft.

But as the situation becomes more dire in New York, the search for the next franchise quarterback intensifies. And on Wednesday, ESPN reported that Giants scouts, under the direction of team ownership, have been instructed to look closely at the top quarterbacks entering the 2018 NFL Draft.

As their season has spiraled out of control, the New York Giants have begun to prepare for their future by focusing on potential franchise quarterbacks who could be available in this year’s NFL draft.

There was a directive given several weeks back by co-owner John Mara to start looking closely at the top college quarterbacks, multiple sources told ESPN. This occurred around the time it became apparent that the Giants’ season was headed nowhere, in part, because wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. would be out with a broken ankle.

Vice president of player evaluation Marc Ross, who runs the Giants’ draft, personally went to scout UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen in recent weeks, sources said. Rosen is among the nation’s top prospects at the position.

With a record of 1-7 entering Week 10, the Giants are in a race for the top pick in the draft alongside the winless Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers, who they will visit on Sunday. So if things continue down this path for Big Blue, they will be in a position to go out and land their next potential franchise quarterback.

What that means for Manning in 2018 remains to be seen, but he still has two years remaining on his current deal.

Just now, Apache 51 said:

Highlights: Hundley, Packers take out Bears

Video by FOX Sports

The time has not yet come for Eli Manning to step down as the starting quarterback of the New York Giants, but it is drawing nearer.

Although general manager Jerry Reese and head coach Ben McAdoo remain committed to Manning this season, it’s become apparent that the 36-year-old Manning is on the downside of his remarkable career. And while many of the team’s offensive struggles can be blamed on a poor offensive line and injuries at skill positions, Manning has not been without fault.

Even after the conclusion of the 2016 season — a season in which the Giants finished with an 11-5 record — management acknowledged that the search for Manning’s successor had begun. That became even more evident when they selected quarterback Davis Webb in the third-round of the NFL Draft.

But as the situation becomes more dire in New York, the search for the next franchise quarterback intensifies. And on Wednesday, ESPN reported that Giants scouts, under the direction of team ownership, have been instructed to look closely at the top quarterbacks entering the 2018 NFL Draft.

As their season has spiraled out of control, the New York Giants have begun to prepare for their future by focusing on potential franchise quarterbacks who could be available in this year’s NFL draft.

There was a directive given several weeks back by co-owner John Mara to start looking closely at the top college quarterbacks, multiple sources told ESPN. This occurred around the time it became apparent that the Giants’ season was headed nowhere, in part, because wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. would be out with a broken ankle.

Vice president of player evaluation Marc Ross, who runs the Giants’ draft, personally went to scout UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen in recent weeks, sources said. Rosen is among the nation’s top prospects at the position.

With a record of 1-7 entering Week 10, the Giants are in a race for the top pick in the draft alongside the winless Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers, who they will visit on Sunday. So if things continue down this path for Big Blue, they will be in a position to go out and land their next potential franchise quarterback.

What that means for Manning in 2018 remains to be seen, but he still has two years remaining on his current deal.

Thank you. Rosen would be sitting for 2 years on his deal. And Rosen to me is not a plug and play QB.

Now the Packers got away with it with Rodgers because it was a late first round pick. This is a top 3 pick. Having him sit one year is fair. Two years? no

17 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

When everyone else is searching for that coverage-backer and lanky possession-burner, we're sitting in the weeds ready to pounce on any and all QBs who fall to the middle of the second round. 

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Thank you. Rosen would be sitting for 2 years on his deal. And Rosen to me is not a plug and play QB.

Now the Packers got away with it with Rodgers because it was a late first round pick. This is a top 3 pick. Having him sit one year is fair. Two years? no

Word fam. Sacrifice one year for a decade plus of franchise QB play and perpetual playoff contention? Absolutely. Two years? GTFO. 

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If the Giants draft Josh Rosen while we go 6-10 and draft Minkah Fitzpatrick, I think I could actually f*cking lose it enough to stop watching the Jets for a minimum of 5 years. Especially if I have to listen to the Sunshine Squad tell me how this team's future is actually brighter than any other team in the NFL because we have Alex Smith and a newly drafted Lock Down CB so Bowles and Co. are in Super Bowl mode.

We’re not going after A. Smith.  My guess we get into a bidding war for Keenum.  When we lose out, we can pay McCown $12M.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I wait for somebody to tell me a team that won a Super Bowl by starting with just a QB and then building around him. Maybe New Orleans and Green Bay

This is even more tautological than your usual bullsh*t. Getting a franchise QB involves a fair amount of luck, but mostly it involves adhering to best practices in scouting, drafting, player development, and roster management. Teams that are capable of drafting Super Bowl-winning QBs tend to be teams that are regularly stocking themselves with talented players at important positions, so there will naturally be a base of talent waiting for the QB. More importantly, this isn't a matter of choice. You're positing a scenario in which an NFL team's number comes up with a QB they have rated as a franchise-caliber guy on the board, and they look at their roster, decide they need another guard and a couple of receivers, and send in the safety card instead. This only occurs in a fantasy world where all of Maccagnan's dumbass moves and non-moves can be justified by pointing to some master plan you're revising week by week. Smart teams draft good players at key positions, jump on a QB when one becomes available, and become consistent playoff contenders. The Jets load up on JAGs at low-impact positions, stock their QB room with guys like Fitzpatrick and McCown and Petty and Hackenberg, then look around and wonder why they suck every year. There's no plan. The Jets are just dumb.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Jets are just dumb.

Then many other teams and people are dumb too. Otherwise why are safeties and lBers taken in the first round at all? I keep going back to this notion. Why do draft experts consistently put safeties and linebackers in the top ten rankings if they are not value positions?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Then many other teams and people are dumb too.

Yes. Yes they are. It is my stated preference that the Jets stop being one of the dumb teams and start being one of the smart ones.

Otherwise why are safeties and lBers taken in the first round at all? 

Because, as we've already agreed, many teams and people are dumb.

Why do draft experts consistently put safeties and linebackers in the top ten rankings if they are not value positions?

Because draft experts are literally the dumbest people on earth.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Yes. Yes they are. It is my stated preference that the Jets stop being one of the dumb teams and start being one of the smart ones.

Because, as we've already agreed, many teams and people are dumb.

Because draft experts are literally the dumbest people on earth.

So why, if you are smarter than they are, are you not on television? You either are ugly ( for TV) lack writing skills (for news) or dont have a good work ethic?

If these people are dumb. The same people by the way, who graded Macc's draft at a B, at least some of them did, Why do they have their jobs?

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So why, if you are smarter than they are, are you not on television? You either are ugly ( for TV) lack writing skills (for news) or dont have a good work ethic?

If these people are dumb. The same people by the way, who graded Macc's draft at a B, at least some of them did, Why do they have their jobs?

You're asking me how it's possible that stupid people are employed in sports media? Is this a trick question?

Archived