Because Misery Loves Company...

jetswinbaby!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Jets have 80m in cap space. Cousins, I think is not going to give a hometown discount to a team that has delayed paying him for years

2. Ricky Williams trade. No trade is impossible. And that was done for a RB. You dont think it can be done for a QB? 

1.  Transition tag is a possibility and then there's always the, y'know, chance that Washington actually ponies up the cash so they don't lose their franchise QB.

2.  I don't honestly know how you are continuing to struggle with grasping the concept of "you need a partner willing to trade".

Just now, Mogglez said:

1.  Transition tag is a possibility and then there's always the, y'know, chance that Washington actually ponies up the cash so they don't lose their franchise QB.

2.  I don't honestly know how you are continuing to struggle with grasping the concept of "you need a partner willing to trade".

And I don’t know how you are struggling with the concept of “making an offer they can’t refuse”

Just now, Mogglez said:

Holy f*cking sh*t, you really don't get it, do you?

The Jets are not going to be picking in the middle of the first round without winning a few more games. Look at their schedule and tell me what games you can see them winning.

So because of that, they will have a top ten pick. Now you can also do what the Nets did (badly) and offer future picks. No trade is impossible. Never

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Who cares?

I was driving home from work yesterday with a Giants fan longtime. He certainly cared. 

That was embarrassing and yet Jets fans act like the Giants won the game yeaterday because of the future. Giants fans don’t feel that way. So why should you?

just goes back to the need to be miserable for Jets fans

Jets/Giants rivalry means nothing to me unless they play each other. 

I think most Jets fans find most Giants fan to be arrogant jerks if you notice now there aren't many Giants fans wearing Giants gear out in public. 

Meanwhile win or lose year after  year I wear my Jets gear with pride,im a die-hard. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I was driving home from work yesterday with a Giants fan longtime. He certainly cared. 

That was embarrassing and yet Jets fans act like the Giants won the game yeaterday because of the future. Giants fans don’t feel that way. So why should you?

just goes back to the need to be miserable for Jets fans

Francesa and your friend are both morons.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And I don’t know how you are struggling with the concept of “making an offer they can’t refuse”

That would be because, when it comes to franchise QBs, there is no such thing as "an offer they can't refuse you dense, green and white pom-pom waving, cheerleader.

We could offer Philly 5 first rounders and 5 2nd rounders over the next few years for Wentz and they would still turn it down.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Jets are not going to be picking in the middle of the first round without winning a few more games. Look at their schedule and tell me what games you can see them winning.

So because of that, they will have a top ten pick. Now you can also do what the Nets did (badly) and offer future picks. No trade is impossible. Never

Do you think the Eagles would trade Wentz, the Rams would trade Goff, or the Seahawks would trade Russell Wilson?

Just now, Mogglez said:

That would be because, when it comes to franchise QBs, there is no such thing as "an offer they can't refuse you dense, green and white pom-pom waving, cheerleader.

We could offer Philly 5 first rounders and 5 2nd rounders over the next few years for Wentz and they would still turn it down.

Maybe so now. But I wasn’t talking about after the fact. I’m talking about before

Just now, Mogglez said:

Do you think the Eagles would trade Wentz, the Rams would trade Goff, or the Seahawks would trade Russell Wilson?

I think the Seahawks would trade Wilson at the right price. I think their window is closing a bit. 

As for the other two, you can’t hypothetically say that they couldn’t. It’s unlikely but it’s possible

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I think the Seahawks would trade Wilson at the right price. I think their window is closing a bit. 

As for the other two, you can’t hypothetically say that they couldn’t. It’s unlikely but it’s possible

Then you, like your friend, are an absolute idiot.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe so now. But I wasn’t talking about after the fact. I’m talking about before

This is what they believed and hoped Wentz could become when they decided they wanted to draft him.  Time frame doesn't f*cking matter.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is what they believed and hoped Wentz could become when they decided they wanted to draft him.  Time frame doesn't f*cking matter.

Of course it ******* matters. You believe is worse than you know. 

But then you arguing with me, whom you called an idiot.

As I listen to Giants fans going on the radio one by one, and they don’t sound too happy for the chance to draft a franchise QB

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course it ******* matters. You believe is worse than you know. 

No it f*cking doesn't.  The Eagles traded all that sh*t for him, we could have made that same offer on draft day and they would turn it down. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well thank you very much. I appreciate you confirming the fact that you are an a$$hole

I also appreciate you confirming that you are, far and away, the most delusional person on this forum.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did we try? No Macc wasted picks and chose the sh*ttiest QB in the draft. 

JW.  Do you seriously think a team would EVER offer 5 1sts and 5 2nds for an unknown prospect?  It was a total hypothetical.  We tried to trade up for Wentz and failed.  That does fall on Macc.  I'm not defending him.

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

4-12 isn’t picking 12th. So that’s number 1.

Number 2, if what happens is what you describe, he should be fired. 

After next Sunday, we are 4-6.  That is around 12-15.  IF we lose out and finish 4-12, we may be able to be picking around 5 or 6.  If that is the case, then of course, offering up three drafts worth of picks may net us a shot at Darnold.  And that’s if he tells Cleveland not to take him.

On Bowles getting fired or not, no one knows what Christopher Johnson is going to do.  My thought is that Chris has been involved with this team and the NFL less than a year.  The last thing thing he wants to do is look for a new HC.  Woody has already set the precedent with the last couple of HCs in that they report to the Johnsons and not a GM.  So if and when the time comes to look for a new HC, it will be Ownership and not the GM making that call.  And if this is the case, do we want Chris making that decision?  Or worse, hiring a professional firm to do it?

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

JW.  Do you seriously think a team would EVER offer 5 1sts and 5 2nds for an unknown prospect?  It was a total hypothetical.  We tried to trade for Wentz and failed.  That does fall on Macc.  I'm not defending him.

Stranger things have happened in the NFL 

Macc knew the need for a QB when he was hired as GM here 3 years ago he has failed us. 

You do what you have to do to acquire a decent QB let alone a franchise QB this team is going nowhere without one. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Stranger things have happened in the NFL 

Macc knew the need for a QB when he was hired as GM here 3 years ago he has failed us. 

You do what you have to do to acquire a decent QB let alone a franchise QB this team is going nowhere without one. 

I don't disagree with anything here other than the hypothetical 5 first rounders and 5 2nds.  I think that would be the strangest thing I'd have seen in the NFL, lol.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don't disagree with anything here other than the hypothetical 5 first rounders and 5 2nds.  I think that would be the strangest thing I'd have seen in the NFL, lol.

The Jets need to do something to acquire a decent QB no ifs and or buts if Maccagnan cant or wont do it hire a GM that will. 

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again I have seen a team trade it's entire draft for a RB. I have seen the Dallas Cowboys build a dynasty out of one trade. 

Strange sh*t happens. 

10 minutes ago, Pcola said:

After next Sunday, we are 4-6.  That is around 12-15.  IF we lose out and finish 4-12, we may be able to be picking around 5 or 6.  If that is the case, then of course, offering up three drafts worth of picks may net us a shot at Darnold.  And that’s if he tells Cleveland not to take him.

I dont know if it will be that much, but all you have to do is outbid everybody else. And that of course is if he doesnt find a long term solution in FA

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Giants suck yippee yahooo does this help the Jets situation? No it doesn't just makes living in the try-State area a lot easier.  

It’s like getting dumped by your girlfriend but then finding out she got dumped by the guy she dumped you for

Archived