QB or I’m done

Jetster

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think it takes just as much talent to write a screenplay as it is to adapt, but that’s neither nor there.

Im not saying Macc isn’t going to **** it up. He very easily could. What I’m saying is that I don’t think you can assume he’s going to based off of one draft pick. That’s a small sample. If or when he ****s it up, I will go on the record and call for him to be fired. But until then what’s the point of assuming the worst? Assume nothing

That is the problem.  Writing a screenplay does take a great deal of talent, but it does not necessarily mean that the writer can come up with a great story.  Just like Maccagnan was a very good administrator, but that does not mean he is going to make a capable GM.  I am not willing to give them a third top 10 pick and another ton of cap space.  It is not assuming the worst, it is looking at the decisions this group has made and deciding that they do not warrant another opportunity.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

That is the problem.  Writing a screenplay does take a great deal of talent, but it does not necessarily mean that the writer can come up with a great story.  Just like Maccagnan was a very good administrator, but that does not mean he is going to make a capable GM.  I am not willing to give them a third top 10 pick and another ton of cap space.  It is not assuming the worst, it is looking at the decisions this group has made and deciding that they do not warrant another opportunity.

When I look at the decisions they've made, two major blunders to me stand out. Drafting Hackenberg and signing Buster Skrine. Everything else one could say are nitpicks IMO that either are looked back in hindsight or hypocrisy. And I say to myself is one really bad FA signing and one bad draft pick enough to take power away. And I don't think it is

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When I look at the decisions they've made, two major blunders to me stand out. Drafting Hackenberg and signing Buster Skrine. Everything else one could say are nitpicks IMO that either are looked back in hindsight or hypocrisy. And I say to myself is one really bad FA signing and one bad draft pick enough to take power away. And I don't think it is

That is pretty funny.  Skrine is still here.  He is a starting CB.  What about all the guys he got that aren't here any more?  Look at the dead money list.  Signing Fitzpatrick for $12M was considerably worse than Skrine.  So were Revis, and Gilchrist.  Keeping Breno around when he was on the PUP.  Jarvis Jenkins signed and risking us losing our 3rd round comp pick - a pick Maccagnan traded around for a bunch of other picks.  It was traded to Tampa for Kendall Beckwith who got one of the sacks on McCown yesterday. 

The contracts to Wilkerson and Winters don't look to bright, neither does our handling of either of our tackle spots over the past 3 years.  Drafting a slow CB? Misunderstanding or ignoring positional value?  What were the good decisions that counter these moves?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is pretty funny.  Skrine is still here.  He is a starting CB.  What about all the guys he got that aren't here any more?  Look at the dead money list.  Signing Fitzpatrick for $12M was considerably worse than Skrine.  So were Revis, and Gilchrist.  Keeping Breno around when he was on the PUP.  Jarvis Jenkins signed and risking us losing our 3rd round comp pick - a pick Maccagnan traded around for a bunch of other picks.  It was traded to Tampa for Kendall Beckwith who got one of the sacks on McCown yesterday. 

The contracts to Wilkerson and Winters don't look to bright, neither does our handling of either of our tackle spots over the past 3 years.  Drafting a slow CB? Misunderstanding or ignoring positional value?  What were the good decisions that counter these moves?

Nitpicks all through hypocrisy and hindsight. Minor bumps whose effect really only lasted one year, especaily considering our cap space and our draft pick next year

25 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Nitpicks all through hypocrisy and hindsight. Minor bumps whose effect really only lasted one year, especaily considering our cap space and our draft pick next year

Hypocrisy and hindsight?  That's a good one.  Please explain to me how paying Revis and Fitzpatrick this year for sucking last year only lasted one year.  If we had cap space this year the team shouldn't suck.  You really do not understand the purpose of the GM, do you?

19 hours ago, Jetster said:

These SOJ games are always the same. It was like this back when the Colts were in our division & you see it every time you get dragged back on board. 

You know deep down in your soul whether it’s Fitz or McCown that the Jets are just adrift in a QB less ocean without a paddle. 

I have no idea why Mcaggnon didn’t pull the trigger on Watson but my entire interest in the NFL & my Jets in particular has been waning. Todays sh*t fest on offense is the last straw. I won’t watch another game if McCown is trotted out again after the bye & I promise you I’m 100% done with this team next year to if they don’t do WHATEVER they need to do to get a competent QB on this team! Whether it’s paying Cousins a small fortune or trading whatever it takes to get 1 of the top guys coming out or lucking out with the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick & someone falls, but if they don’t pull out EVERY STOP to try & end the QB dry spell I will seriously take anything that I own that says Jets on it, throw it in the trash & move on with my life! The idea that Bowles has concluded that Petty & Hack are worse than starting McCown from this point on makes me want to PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN HIS CIGAR STORE INDIAN FACE FOR NOT DRAFTING WATSON!

End Rant!

tenor.gif?itemid=4672380

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Thinking about the QBs that will be available in this draft.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen, Rudolph, Jackson seem to be the main group. If I forgot anyone let me know.

Luke Falk, Ryan Finley, Tanner Lee, Nick Stevens, Jake Browning are amongst others.

There are a TON of QBs

Who looks like a long shot for the draft and likely a UDFA?  That's our guy with our second right after we pick an offensive lineman with our first. Least not defense so that's progress as the rebuild enters year four. 

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I mean essentially people are expecting the worst out of Macc because of the Hackenberg pick. Which I can partially understand. But I will wait until he actually ****s it up to bemoan it ******* it up

He already ****ed it up. People are expecting the worst out of him because he’s an ungodly idiot who’s unfit to run a Domino’s franchise.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And I keep coming back to this man. You apparently have the means to be a reporter. You do it and tell the truth

How come Mike Maccagnan is not getting hammered like Jerry Reese?

Because media people are, against all odds, even dumber than Maccagnan himself.

I speak my truth every day here, on Jetnation Dot Com

Archived