Baker Mayfield

DoubleU

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao.  That might go down as my favorite thing ever to happen during a drat process. 

I can't imagine Mayfield or Jackson throwing the ball fast.  Cant wait to see what Our Lads Scouting Services have to say about it!

well at least we know now that 49 is not a bad thing... lol

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

What? You mean they went into the season to tank? 

No, once it was obvious they were done for (the week of all the injuries), they tanked.

Jets knew the season was over before it started.  So they had no excuse not to tank the whole season.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yes, because what we root for really impacts draft position lol.

I didn't comment on fans rooting.

I'm pissed the Jets wasted a golden opportunity to end an almost 50 year QB drought for a few wins.

Ensuring mediocre and bad seasons to come.

The fans are another story.  I suppose for some it can be tough to look beyond one year or even one game.  Fans want what they want.  Can't stress it.

I didn't comment on fans rooting.
I'm pissed the Jets wasted a golden opportunity to end an almost 50 year QB drought for a few wins.
Ensuring mediocre and bad seasons to come.
The fans are another story.  I suppose for some it can be tough to look beyond one year or even one game.  Fans want what they want.  Can't stress it.
Yeah we are on the same page, this is an organizational thing which is the bigger issue.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

No, once it was obvious they were done for (the week of all the injuries), they tanked.

Jets knew the season was over before it started.  So they had no excuse not to tank the whole season.

OK after all the injuries happened. What did they do to tank? Did they replace the QB? Did they play younger players further down the depth chart? They were also winless before the injuries.  They didn't do anything secretly to tank. Fans are giving the Giants credit like this is something they did on purpose. 

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

OK after all the injuries happened. What did they do to tank? Did they replace the QB? Did they play younger players further down the depth chart? They were also winless before the injuries.  They didn't do anything secretly to tank. Fans are giving the Giants credit like this is something they did on purpose. 

They are tanking.  Just not blatant about it.

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I'm not trying to argue with you in particular because fans on here give the Giants credit for tanking but what are they doing to tank? I mean how are they tanking subtly?

By losing every game.  Including to SF.  That's not easy to do.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

By losing every game.  Including to SF.  That's not easy to do.

So you're giving the Giants credit for purposely losing to the 49ers? You think they lost that game on purpose? Owner, management, coaches?

Why are the Giants getting credit. They have players  texting reporters the team is giving up. Media is showing examples of players quitting on plays. The whole franchise looks to be crumbling and now are the laughing stock of the NFL. Are they developing anything right now? And this is what we want as Jets fans? Players quitting and giving losing effort? Darnold or Allen are going to walk into that locker room next season and turn the whole Giant organization around? 

And stop with the Giants are doing this on purpose. Because they are going to blow this whole thing up next season. Management and coaches are not trying to tank on purpose.

8 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

So you're giving the Giants credit for purposely losing to the 49ers? You think they lost that game on purpose? Owner, management, coaches?

Why are the Giants getting credit. They have players  texting reporters the team is giving up. Media is showing examples of players quitting on plays. The whole franchise looks to be crumbling and now are the laughing stock of the NFL. Are they developing anything right now? And this is what we want as Jets fans? Players quitting and giving losing effort? Darnold or Allen are going to walk into that locker room next season and turn the whole Giant organization around? 

And stop with the Giants are doing this on purpose. Because they are going to blow this whole thing up next season. Management and coaches are not trying to tank on purpose.

They are doing it on purpose.  And will have another franchise caliber young QB next year as a result.

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well I was on the Watson bandwagon from the get go and I have been on the Mayfield bandwagon before the 90%. Like a hit record those guys just have IT. I think Mayfield will be there when the Jets pick because I see them winning at most one more game. That's based on the upcoming schedule and yesterdays performance. I don't think Macchole will draft him. I believe Macchole will stick to his BPA bullsh*t then draft a QB with one of the 2 second round picks. Its his M.O. and he will stick too it. That's why he's Macchole.

I agree with this whole post. The last part too, unfortunately. 

Archived