Baker Mayfield

DoubleU

10 hours ago, JiF said:

He's very good.  Just like every other QB in the conference.

I'm going to say this about Baker Mayfield, he has an incredible competitive spirit to him.  He's the type of guy, you don't bet against even when all signs point to, he's not going to be very good at the next level.  So, that makes his evaluation hard because everything I want to point out and say that  worries me...all kind of ends with, yeah but I could see this little dude making it happen by sheer competitive will.

Now, I've watched more Big 12 Football than I care to this year trying to get a read on him and Mason Rudolf and just like every other year, it's damn near impossible.  That conference doesn't play traditional Football.  It's like flag football meets arena league.  They literally have never heard the word defense.  It's crazy.  Guys are wide open, all the time.  Literally every throw these guys make are to wide open receivers.  And these QB's have all day to throw.   It makes it hard to watch.  Literally the worst brand of Football I've ever seen.  I legit prefer Canadian League Football to Big 12 Football.  And then when you factor that in to the analysis, you can't help but point out that no Big 12 QB has ever had NFL success.  It just doesn't translate to the NFL.  And Oklahoma is the alpha in the conference more so than any other conference (outside of Bama obviously), so their is just a huge competitive edge too.

I don't know man, I wouldn't touch Mayfield or Rudolf with a 10 foot pole but man, I wouldn't be shocked if Mayfield made a career for himself.  That said, I really hope the Jets don't draft him.  

i don't really watch much football but with regard to wide open receivers, ever watch the patsies play?  it's rare if tommy boy ever targets a receiver that isn't open.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I didn't comment on fans rooting.

I'm pissed the Jets wasted a golden opportunity to end an almost 50 year QB drought for a few wins.

Ensuring mediocre and bad seasons to come.

The fans are another story.  I suppose for some it can be tough to look beyond one year or even one game.  Fans want what they want.  Can't stress it.

Why is it SOOOO hard for some fans to understand that players and coaches do not tank? 

14 hours ago, JiF said:

And then when you factor that in to the analysis, you can't help but point out that no Big 12 QB has ever had NFL success.  It just doesn't translate to the NFL.

I looked that up.  Wow, it's a QB wasteland in terms of NFL success.  The MAC has produced more.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Mayfield is an a$$hole

That's ok, lots of stars are, but he is an a$$hole that draws media attention

He wouldn't last 2 weeks as a Jet

I’m beginning to believe that Mayfield as a Jet would end as a major train wreck.  From the minute the team wouldn’t start him over McCown wk 1, his Dad goes all Lavar Ball to the NY media.

56 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I’m beginning to believe that Mayfield as a Jet would end as a major train wreck.  From the minute the team wouldn’t start him over McCown wk 1, his Dad goes all Lavar Ball to the NY media.

I know it's not fair, but I just see manziel with this kid. 

Some guys change and grow up, some don't.

I don't think he's worth the risk.

I saw tonight some scouts are saying Rosen and darnold should stay in school.

This QB class could get turned on it's head

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I know it's not fair, but I just see manziel with this kid. 

Some guys change and grow up, some don't.

I don't think he's worth the risk.

I saw tonight some scouts are saying Rosen and darnold should stay in school.

This QB class could get turned on it's head

Fwiw, I think scouts were saying last year that there were no QBs worthy of being taken in the 1st round. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Mayfield is an a$$hole

That's ok, lots of stars are, but he is an a$$hole that draws media attention

He wouldn't last 2 weeks as a Jet

Yes but think of the media onslaught if a Jets' QB was melting down.  If we can't win, at least we can be entertaining!

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

#draftforum @Maxman

Hey thanks for the heads up, but you don't have to point every one of these out. It is slow right now, we move stuff over. But it is okay for people to talk about stuff here for awhile. When it picks up we will definitely move things over. Right now there isn't a lot else to talk about.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Hey thanks for the heads up, but you don't have to point every one of these out. It is slow right now, we move stuff over. But it is okay for people to talk about stuff here for awhile. When it picks up we will definitely move things over. Right now there isn't a lot else to talk about.  Thanks.

It is rational thinking like this that will make me vote "yes" to a $50M salary, unlimited use of a private plane, and lifetime health insurance for you and your family the next time the role of JetNation commissioner is voted on.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It is rational thinking like this that will make me vote "yes" to a $50M salary, unlimited use of a private plane, and lifetime health insurance for you and your family the next time the role of JetNation commissioner is voted on.

I am all about compromise. Jet fuel is expensive, raises are tough. So let's get rid of the Jet and I will take the job for Roger's current salary of 42 million.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I am all about compromise. Jet fuel is expensive, raises are tough. So let's get rid of the Jet and I will take the job for Roger's current salary of 42 million.

How can the JetNation commissioner not have a jet?  We can't have you represent us in a broken down RV.  It's bad for appearances.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

How can the JetNation commissioner not have a jet?  We can't have you represent us in a broken down RV.  It's bad for appearances.

Throw in an extra $5,100 and I can get the RV fixed.  :) 

But the Jet idea sounds good, let's go with that.

Archived