56 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I’m beginning to believe that Mayfield as a Jet would end as a major train wreck.  From the minute the team wouldn’t start him over McCown wk 1, his Dad goes all Lavar Ball to the NY media.

I know it's not fair, but I just see manziel with this kid. 

Some guys change and grow up, some don't.

I don't think he's worth the risk.

I saw tonight some scouts are saying Rosen and darnold should stay in school.

This QB class could get turned on it's head

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

I know it's not fair, but I just see manziel with this kid. 

Some guys change and grow up, some don't.

I don't think he's worth the risk.

I saw tonight some scouts are saying Rosen and darnold should stay in school.

This QB class could get turned on it's head

Fwiw, I think scouts were saying last year that there were no QBs worthy of being taken in the 1st round. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Mayfield is an a$$hole

That's ok, lots of stars are, but he is an a$$hole that draws media attention

He wouldn't last 2 weeks as a Jet

Yes but think of the media onslaught if a Jets' QB was melting down.  If we can't win, at least we can be entertaining!

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes but think of the media onslaught if a Jets' QB was melting down.  If we can't win, at least we can be entertaining!

They are master baiters

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, I think scouts were saying last year that there were no QBs worthy of being taken in the 1st round. 

I thought it was more about the top 10 

On 11/13/2017 at 5:22 AM, JiF said:

The population of this board largerly thought Watson was a 3rd round prospect at best, yet 90% of you are drooling over Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson.

Cant make this sh*t up. 

FACTS

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

#draftforum @Maxman

Hey thanks for the heads up, but you don't have to point every one of these out. It is slow right now, we move stuff over. But it is okay for people to talk about stuff here for awhile. When it picks up we will definitely move things over. Right now there isn't a lot else to talk about.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Hey thanks for the heads up, but you don't have to point every one of these out. It is slow right now, we move stuff over. But it is okay for people to talk about stuff here for awhile. When it picks up we will definitely move things over. Right now there isn't a lot else to talk about.  Thanks.

It is rational thinking like this that will make me vote "yes" to a $50M salary, unlimited use of a private plane, and lifetime health insurance for you and your family the next time the role of JetNation commissioner is voted on.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

It is rational thinking like this that will make me vote "yes" to a $50M salary, unlimited use of a private plane, and lifetime health insurance for you and your family the next time the role of JetNation commissioner is voted on.

I am all about compromise. Jet fuel is expensive, raises are tough. So let's get rid of the Jet and I will take the job for Roger's current salary of 42 million.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I am all about compromise. Jet fuel is expensive, raises are tough. So let's get rid of the Jet and I will take the job for Roger's current salary of 42 million.

How can the JetNation commissioner not have a jet?  We can't have you represent us in a broken down RV.  It's bad for appearances.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

How can the JetNation commissioner not have a jet?  We can't have you represent us in a broken down RV.  It's bad for appearances.

Throw in an extra $5,100 and I can get the RV fixed.  :) 

But the Jet idea sounds good, let's go with that.

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

There's no way Rosen is staying in school.

The .00000001% chance of that happening disappeared with the firing of Mora today.

They are officially preparing for life after him.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I thought we were friends. Guess i'm just the annoying kid with broken zipper backpack.

*cue the song as I walk out of the room*

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I thought we were friends. Guess i'm just the annoying kid with broken zipper backpack.

*cue the song as I walk out of the room*

LOL, we are friends. If it makes you feel better most of my other friends can't even afford broken zipper back packs. They carry their books around by hand.

One name that intrigues me is Jake Browning.  I am a Duck fan so I have been burned by him a number of times but he has a good completion rate and doesn't turn the ball over.  I could see him being a low risk pick.

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm pretty sure we will be picking a QB in the draft most of us have never heard of.

can we pick Hackenberg twice?

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But, But everyone said next year was the '83 draft all over again.  CB here we come back to back 1 and 2.  Watson should have been our pick this year.  

Man, all this strong opinionated crap I'm reading about Baker today, is just making me love him more. I love the idea of my QB telling the other team off if he gets slighted like that. i want a fiery passionate leader -- and a little moxy in the crass department is OK with me if the leadership component is strong, which is it is with him. 

NY needs Baker

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Man, all this strong opinionated crap I'm reading about Baker today, is just making me love him more. I love the idea of my QB telling the other team off if he gets slighted like that. i want a fiery passionate leader -- and a little moxy in the crass department is OK with me if the leadership component is strong, which is it is with him. 

NY needs Baker

I agree with you 100%. This kid has it all including the attitude to be a huge star in New York. The Jets have to find a way to end up with either Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.