Baker Mayfield

DoubleU

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Paradis said:

the moons are lining up for us and Mayfield. The playoffs will help focus his stock, but barring something radically good or bad, i think it's gonna be about what happens in team workouts and interviews at this point. 

We're out of the running for #1 and #2 -- and I'm very ok with #3

If we keep winning ******* dumbass games, we can kiss #3 goodbye...y'all get that right?

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Good way to close his story book ending would be an unbelievable run at the national title. Georgia and then most likely Bama. Could that put him ahead of Darnold or Rosen!? Very well could. Which would be one hell of a trickle effect for QB needy teams.

On the other hand, if he gets his ass kicked by the Dawgs, maybe there is a better chance that he drops to us.  Would be a win-win for me.

Just now, southtown24th said:

If we keep winning ******* dumbass games, we can kiss #3 goodbye...y'all get that right?

We're not getting ANY of the QBs by standing pat. Teams will leapfrog us. Accept that everything involves trading up, and move on.

On 12/5/2017 at 9:08 AM, ChuckkieB said:

This is what I mean When I say that draft position DOES matter.  How can it not matter?  The Jets desperately need a QB and are going to have to leapfrog several teams to get a top one in the 2018 draft so the higher the pick is, the less teams they have to leapfrog and the more ammunition they'll have to get in front of the remaining teams. Yes, a higher pick doesn't guarantee anything, but there's only a few players considered ELITE every year and the Jets should have made sure that they put themselves in the best position to draft an elite QB.  Winning 5-6 meaningless games and picking 10th-12th instead of picking 3rd-4th makes a big difference, and the Jets will feel that difference when the top three QB's in the 2018 draft are gone by the time they pick.  

YES

1 minute ago, Lith said:

On the other hand, if he gets his ass kicked by the Dawgs, maybe there is a better chance that he drops to us.  Would be a win-win for me.

Exactly right. Only thing I fear is the Bills jumping us for Mayfield once Rosen/Darnold go.(if Sam even enters..if not..sh*t just got a lot harder) They are known for being aggressive(Sammy Watkins/EJ Manuel trade ups) and they have so much ammo. I’m legit scared of Buffalo. A handful of teams could do it as well...that’s why it makes sense for Mac to figure out if he is going QB in FA or Draft..if it’s the draft then he really needs to strike a trade early and unexpectedly if we want a shot at one of these three. No other way around it.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly right. Only thing I fear is the Bills jumping us for Mayfield once Rosen/Darnold go.(if Sam even enters..if not..sh*t just got a lot harder) They are known for being aggressive(Sammy Watkins/EJ Manuel trade ups) and they have so much ammo. I’m legit scared of Buffalo. A handful of teams could do it as well...that’s why it makes sense for Mac to figure out if he is going QB in FA or Draft..if it’s the draft then he really needs to strike a trade early and unexpectedly if we want a shot at one of these three. No other way around it.

Oh, I agree with you.  If we want one of these guys we are going to have to be aggressive and go get him.  Can't sit around and hope they guy drops to us.  If Baker is our guy, we need to go get him.  

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly right. Only thing I fear is the Bills jumping us for Mayfield once Rosen/Darnold go.(if

Man, you can bet on it.

Any team even considering taking QB knows they have to get a head of us. If we sit tight, I feel like its a certainty we won't get anyone

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Paradise is right. We gotta give the best seller we can find the whole farm ..whether that be pick 1,2 or 3. It’s gotta happen. And I’m okay with it. This is the draft you do it in if any. 

I don't believe this team is in the position to "sell the farm"...we've got too many holes to go all in.

Just now, Paradis said:

Man, you can bet on it.

Any team even considering taking QB knows they have to get a head of us. If we sit tight, I feel like its a certainty we won't get anyone

I enjoyed watching a few of those wins but I seen this coming a mile away all season and now it’s finally time to sulk lmao. Man..Mac really has to pull this off big time...and quickly at that.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You have to do it if you want the biggest chess piece..that being a QB of the future. I realize we have holes but we also have 80-90 mill...let’s use it.

Alright...let's hope Macc agrees.  If we pick a DE at #10/#11, I am not going to be involved with this franchise anymore. I just can't take it after 29 years of this garbage year in and year out. We need a ******* QB.

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I don't believe this team is in the position to "sell the farm"...we've got too many holes to go all in.

Nothing else matters until you have QB1. Nothing. Enough's enough. Don't matter what the cost is, everything else is irrelevant.

Honestly, we have the cheddar to spend smartly in FA at positions like OT, OG, and CB. It's not as bad as y'all are making it out to be. 

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Alright...let's hope Macc agrees.  If we pick a DE at #10/#11, I am not going to be involved with this franchise anymore. I just can't take it after 29 years of this garbage year in and year out. We need a ******* QB.

I also don’t believe he would go DE again. I always thought that was just an overused joke around the board lmao..I understand a lot of people don’t have faith in Macc but I seriously doubt he goes DE no matter what. FA will help dictate his direction but QB absolutely has to be on his mind. They wouldn’t even play Petty or Hack ..that has to mean something important regarding the QB position this offseason.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I also don’t believe he would go DE again. I always thought that was just an overused joke around the board lmao..I understand a lot of people don’t have faith in Macc but I seriously doubt he goes DE no matter what. FA will help dictate his direction but QB absolutely has to be on his mind. They wouldn’t even play Petty or Hack ..that has to mean something important regarding the QB position this offseason.

If we pick another DE or DB man, my head will explode...I don't care if we pick a ******* kicker, just not DE or DB...enough is enough.

4 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

If we pick another DE or DB man, my head will explode...I don't care if we pick a ******* kicker, just not DE or DB...enough is enough.

I hear you man.  And to add insult to injury, 9 straight years picking defense and we still don't have a #1 corner or edge rusher heading into next season.  Unless we invest heavily in FA, I really think this is the year we go QB in the first.  Then again, I have thought we were going to go offense the last few years, right up until draft day.

I guess nothing would surprise me anymore.

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Don’t sweat it. I really really really doubt any of those two positions are getting a 1st round pick used on them. We obviously like a lot of what Claiborne has done. Him and one other FA will do fine. Last year was a heavy secondary draft and we took advantage of that with Maye/Adams. I fully expect offense this year. More so than any other year since 09’.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I hear you man.  And to add insult to injury, 9 straight years picking defense and we still don't have a #1 corner or edge rusher.  Unless we invest heavily in FA, I really think this is the year we go QB in the first.  Then again, I have thought we were going to go offense the last few years, right up until draft day.

I guess nothing would surprise me anymore.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t sweat it. I really really really doubt any of those two positions are getting a 1st round pick used on them. We obviously like a lot of what Claiborne has done. Him and one other FA will do fine. Last year was a heavy secondary draft and we took advantage of that with Maye/Adams. I fully expect offense this year. More so than any other year since 09’.

From your lips to God's ears man...please God.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

lol, not after the "top" defensive player "falls" to us in the draft

5 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Who cares. They’ve been fairly competitive this year in this watered down league - and that’s with an aging relic at QB.  It’s time for Mac to make a stand and secure a future QB. Mac wanted to save face this year, fine, he did it. Now it’s time to pay the price for these meaningless wins and what will still amount to a losing season in more than way. If he has to surrender his first 4 picks then DO IT.  Hack was his biggest mistake thus far. He can’t sit back pretty and start McClown next year w/o a rook taking over 3-4 games into the season.  If he doesn’t act now and get one of the top QB’s in this draft, Mac and this team is screwed for years to come.  It will be another year of meaningless wins and falling back in the draft with no chance to secure a franchise QB.

2 hours ago, BigO said:

You must be talking about the teams that won’t play us since they won’t get the chance to leave burn marks on this secondary.

Some fantasy football show was highlighting Alex Smith and they replayed his four TDs against the Jets last week. Unreal how far open the receivers were on each of them. Unreal that we dropped two high picks on safeties and any QB can still get anything he wants in the middle of the field 

Archived