Jets very alive in playoff hunt

kevinc855

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Giants are in such a better position going forward not even funny

Enjoy 6-10

We will see. That team is a dumpster fire this year and they have embarrassed themselves. I don't think its going to turn around as quickly as you think. They still have alot of problems including an Oline that is worse than the jets. The grass is always greener on the other side. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  Are you realling going with the "They need to learn to win!" argument?  So played out, and wrong.  Young teams have gone from bad to good quickly in this league. 

Know what will help young players the most?  Drafting a franchise QB.  Young teams learn things very quickly with that.  How will drafting yet another defensive player with the 9th pick help a young team, exactly?

i'm all for getting a qb but if the oline isn't sorted out it doesn't matter.  just about every loss happened because they couldn't run reliably.  the way things are they can draft the top prospect and he'd be turned into david carr.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Nothing positive came from yesterday’s game but yesterday a lot of afc teams had a tough day leaving the afc wild card spots very much in play down the stretch http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2017-REG&split=Overall

more importantly, if the season ended today they'd be drafting 10th.  the only good thing is only 4 teams ahead of them would probably go after a qb.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm all for getting a qb but if the oline isn't sorted out it doesn't matter.  just about every loss happened because they couldn't run reliably.  the way things are they can draft the top prospect and he'd be turned into david carr.

Excellent example

I wonder why no one seems to realize this, it is very basic football

Where would Namath have been without Plunkett, Herman, Hill, etc. ?

On 11/13/2017 at 10:41 AM, kevinc855 said:

Because all those young players would learn so much going 0-10. Tanking is the stupidest idea

Playing these kids and going 0-16 would have been brilliant. Why? Because they still get to play and gain experience and we get the top pick, a chance to finally get a franchise QB.  0-16 or 4-12 who gives a hoot. Learning and Character building comes from struggling and adversity.  If a player can’t deal with it then they need find another team or coaching  philosophy. Make no mistake about it. 

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Nothing positive came from yesterday’s game but yesterday a lot of afc teams had a tough day leaving the afc wild card spots very much in play down the stretch http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf&season=2017-REG&split=Overall

As painful as it is it's true. The league is literally that gawd awful this year. 

48 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

We will see. That team is a dumpster fire this year and they have embarrassed themselves. I don't think its going to turn around as quickly as you think. They still have alot of problems including an Oline that is worse than the jets. The grass is always greener on the other side. 

Once they sign a Left Tackle and get rid of Ereck “The Bust” Flowers that OL will be looking better

59 minutes ago, rangerous said:

more importantly, if the season ended today they'd be drafting 10th.  the only good thing is only 4 teams ahead of them would probably go after a qb.

i dunno its a qb league.  Everyone bashed last year’s draft class at qb yet 3 qbs went in the top 12

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

You dont feel "they need to learn to win" argument is valid?

Why are the Giants getting credit. They have players  texting reporters the team is giving up. Media is showing examples of players quitting on plays. The whole franchise looks to be crumbling and now are the laughing stock of the NFL. Are they developing anything right now? And this is what we want as Jets fans? Players quitting and giving losing effort? Darnold or Allen are going to walk into that locker room next season and turn the whole Giant organization around? 

And stop with the Giants are doing this on purpose. Because they are going to blow this whole thing up next season. Management and coaches are not trying to tank on purpose.

No, I don't.

Just because the Giants players aren't trying isn't an argument against tanking.  This isn't about lack of effort from the players.  The players ought to be trying all the time.  You haven't seen the Cleveland Browns quitting on Hue Jackson yet.

Tanking comes from front office/coaching decisions.  It has little to do with the players on the field.  A tanking team doesn't start a 38-year old QB and 32-year old RB. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I'd be in favor a spending a significant portion of our $90M or so cap space on bolstering the O-line, IF we draft a QB. 

What this idiotic franchise will likely end up doing, however, is signing Sam Bradford and making few improvements to the line. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I don't.

Just because the Giants players aren't trying isn't an argument against tanking.  This isn't about lack of effort from the players.  The players ought to be trying all the time.  You haven't seen the Cleveland Browns quitting on Hue Jackson yet.

Tanking comes from front office/coaching decisions.  It has little to do with the players on the field.  A tanking team doesn't start a 38-year old QB and 32-year old RB. 

ITs not about the lack of effort? So Cleveland is doing it right? What have they won in forever? Who are the young players developing there? Who's their QB?

I just don't understand why Giants and Browns get credit. One team is an absolute mess with players quitting. The other has not won or developed anything in forever. And Jet fans are jealous because they may get Darnold, Allen and both of those players guarantee nothing. 

Just now, RESNewYork said:

ITs not about the lack of effort? So Cleveland is doing it right? What have they won in forever? Who are the young players developing there? Who's their QB?

I just don't understand why Giants and Browns get credit. One team is an absolute mess with players quitting. The other has not won or developed anything in forever. And Jet fans are jealous because they may get Darnold, Allen and both of those players guarantee nothing. 

I'm not giving the Giants credit.  They're a mess, and I don't think Odell Beckham will ever be the same after his most recent injury. 

The Browns deserve patience.  They went with a complete overhaul, attempting to go heavy on analytics.  That kind of complete shift in philosophy doesn't produce results immediately.  They have the youngest roster in the NFL and are getting both Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon back.  Kizer also looked good last week.  It'll be interesting to see what they can do.

I also think Hue Jackson is an excellent coach.  The running game dominated when he was OC in Cincinnati (with Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard as his RBs, no less), and with the Raiders as a HC, they went 6-0 in the AFC West.  

Given time, the Browns will be good.   

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

kevin90210,

We are way passed the "Jet up" stage.

Time to shut up.

What is your solution? Curious to know if you have a logical solution besides the old and tired way of thinking a 1 pick is Jesus walking on water will save the franchise

4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Excellent example

I wonder why no one seems to realize this, it is very basic football

Where would Namath have been without Plunkett, Herman, Hill, etc. ?

yep sherman plunkett.  speaking of plunkett, there was another one who basically got run out of patsieland because he had a crap oline.  jim plunkett used to take some beatings when he was a patsie.

Archived