Who gets extended first?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets extended first?

• Macagnan
    • Bowles
    • McCown
    • McAdoo

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

McCown. Right after Cousins and Smith sign elsewhere. Left with no good options, the jets make the Fits deal look pale by comparison. 

If they do sign McCown it will be not be for much more or less than this contract. They will keep him as a back up or veteran stop gap for whatever QB-ish like thing they draft 4 rounds to early this time.

I voted for Maccagnan since that would be the logical order-The Jets should not extend Bowles or McCown until they extend Mac.

If Mac is not extended, I can see another GM wanting to be a real GM and to hire their own coach.  

Without Mac and Bowles, there is no McCown.

McAdoo is done.

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Case Keenum says hello

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

That's better than anything we have. Is he a ufa this off-season?

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IDK but they have 3 QBs currently. Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum. One or two have to go.

Keenum and Bradford are both free agents this offseason.  The issue with Keenum is that he was a better option than McCown this past offseason, but he was on the street when they elected to give McCown $6M and didn't sign his $2M deal until two weeks later. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Keenum and Bradford are both free agents this offseason.  The issue with Keenum is that he was a better option than McCown this past offseason, but he was on the street when they elected to give McCown $6M and didn't sign his $2M deal until two weeks later. 

Very true, but TBF, he is having his best year this year in his career. And we will be in a different situation this offseason

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Rebuilding with knowledge is different thatn rebuilding with hope

What the **** are you talking about?  Which one do they have now?  They were rebuilding in 2015.  They are rebuilding in 2017 and they will be rebuilding in 2018.  What knowledge do they have?  That all the picks we were complaining about - make no mistake, we were complaining about 3-4 DEs/ILB/S at the top of the draft, slow CB/pass rush OLB, QB with horrible college performance, Brandon Marshalls attitude well before they were proven to be mistakes - were mistakes?  He knows now that they should draft with position value taken into consideration?  That CB and OLB should be fast?  That QB should have better than 60% completion percentage in college? #knowledge

What knowledge do they have? 

The assured knowledge that the the QB they need is not on the roster.  And that if Macc doesnt get one, he will lose his job.

Which once again brings me back to the media who have praised Jamal Adams this year. Why is there a disconnect between the media and the fanbase?

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The assured knowledge that the the QB they need is not on the roster.  And that if Macc doesnt get one, he will lose his job.

Which once again brings me back to the media who have praised Jamal Adams this year. Why is there a disconnect between the media and the fanbase?

I have had that knowledge since 2014 the absolute latest.  Is he going to GM better with his job on the line?  

The media and the fanbase do not win football games.  Why do I give a flaming **** if they are connected?

I have had that knowledge since 2014 the absolute latest.  Is he going to GM better with his job on the line?  

The media and the fanbase do not win football games.  Why do I give a flaming **** if they are connected?

Ever heard of fight or flight?

It's curious to me because the media helps feed the fanbase's negativity in order to get views. And yet they seem disconnected when it comes to Jamal Adams and Mike Maccagnan

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Ever heard of fight or flight?

It's curious to me because the media helps feed the fanbase's negativity in order to get views. And yet they seem disconnected when it comes to Jamal Adams and Mike Maccagnan

He is going to fight harder or run away?  I might accept that if it were fight or better analyze prospects. It is not. 

He is going to fight harder or run away?  I might accept that if it were fight or better analyze prospects. It is not. 

Let me rephrase. He might **** it up, but he will not play it safe when it comes to a QB. He will get what he believes is the long term answer at QB. Whether he's right or not is to be determined.

My point is that most people are assuming that it will be wrong based on the Hackenberg pick. I think that assumption is unfair and will wait until he actually does it before grilling him or not. 

I think most people are jumping on the negative now in order to say "I told you so" and feel good about themselves about being right by being miserable. Which is the whole Jet fan experience

19 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let me rephrase. He might **** it up, but he will not play it safe when it comes to a QB. He will get what he believes is the long term answer at QB. Whether he's right or not is to be determined.

My point is that most people are assuming that it will be wrong based on the Hackenberg pick. I think that assumption is unfair and will wait until he actually does it before grilling him or not. 

I think most people are jumping on the negative now in order to say "I told you so" and feel good about themselves about being right by being miserable. Which is the whole Jet fan experience

What do you base this knowledge on?  What makes you think he is going all in at QB?  The only thing in you favor is that it is obvious.  The problem is, it has been obvious since 2011 that this team needed to get a QB.  Yet, in 3 years he has given us Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenberg and McCown.  Kellen Clemens scoffs at us.

When did he play it safe at QB?  We are assuming he will be wrong based on the Hackeberg pick.  Based on his trusting the team to Fitzpatrick.  Based on the fact that Petty is apparently seen as no better than a backup despite being demonstrably better than Hackenberg.  Based on signing McCown.  He carried 4 QBs through all of 2016, none of them have ever deserved an opening day start.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

We are assuming he will be wrong based on the Hackeberg pick.  Based on his trusting the team to Fitzpatrick.  Based on the fact that Petty is apparently seen as no better than a backup despite being demonstrably better than Hackenberg.  Based on signing McCown. 

1. Trusting the team to Fitzpatrick? He gave him a deal that he could get out of easily. I dont ******* care about dead money. so that's gone.

2. Petty has started a couple games and has looked bad in them. Had he not been hurt at the end of this preseason,  he may have started. Now you will scoff at that, but we can only speculate.

3. Why is signing McCown a problem?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Trusting the team to Fitzpatrick? He gave him a deal that he could get out of easily. I dont ******* care about dead money. so that's gone.

2. Petty has started a couple games and has looked bad in them. 

3. Why is signing McCown a problem?

1.  You may not care about it, but if we had it we could have signed some decent players.  We could have locked up some of these bright spots we have that will be UFAs.

2.  Feather in the GM's cap?

3. Because he sucks.  Because we knew he sucked when we signed him and he has continued to suck.  Because we are paying him $6M to suck.  

Archived