Who gets extended first?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets extended first?

• Macagnan
    • Bowles
    • McCown
    • McAdoo

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Trusting the team to Fitzpatrick? He gave him a deal that he could get out of easily. I dont ******* care about dead money. so that's gone.

BTW, do me a ******* favor.  Go back and see who thought signing Fitzpatrick for a $12M deal was a good idea.  Not only is it moronic to overpay that chickenarmed sh*tbag when there was not a single team bidding against us, but you act like being able to get out of it easily was a bonus.  If Fitzpatrick played sh*tty we got what we expected.  If he played well we were stuck with him holding us hostage again.  It was a lose - lose and you act like the guy was smart for putting us there. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

1.  You may not care about it, but if we had it we could have signed some decent players.  We could have locked up some of these bright spots we have that will be UFAs.

2.  Feather in the GM's cap?

3. Because he sucks.  Because we knew he sucked when we signed him and he has continued to suck.  Because we are paying him $6M to suck.  

1. Good thing we have 80m in cap space coming, huh? Thats another reason why I dont pay attention to the dead money

2. I have no idea what that means. Petty is a solild backup QB imo.

3. What's the problem with him sucking (which he really hasnt this year, save yesterday)

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The ironic thing about Macc and the QBs is that in 2 of the 3 years that he's been here, the Jets have gotten solid QB play, at least better then what they were getting prior. in 2015 and this year. The problem is the age

Solid QB play?  The NY Jets haven't made the playoffs since 2010 3 years under GM Mike Maccagnan we still don't have a decent QB on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Good thing we have 80m in cap space coming, huh? Thats another reason why I dont pay attention to the dead money

2. I have no idea what that means. Petty is a solild backup QB imo.

3. What's the problem with him sucking (which he really hasnt this year, save yesterday)

Forgetting the rest of your nonsense, 92>80.  

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The ability to easily get out of it was the only reason I was okay with it.

You being okay with it means about as much as Peter King being okay with it.  It was a shortsighted stupid deal.  We got what we deserved

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Forgetting the rest of your nonsense, 92>80.  

You being okay with it means about as much as Peter King being okay with it.  It was a shortsighted stupid deal.  We got what we deserved

1. Jets fans not appreciating what they have and only wanting more material stuff (money, not wins). Why am I not surprised.

2 What did we get that we deserved? One bad year and a bunch of young players? That's pretty light to me

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Jets fans not appreciating what they have and only wanting more material stuff (money, not wins). Why am I not surprised.

2 What did we get that we deserved? One bad year and a bunch of young players? That's pretty light to me

When we come up 10M short on Cousins you can tell me then that it was smart to pass on him because of the money.  Meanwhile we spent it on an aging wannabe Viking envious of Chad Pennington's arm.

What young players did we get from signing Fitzpatrick? Name one ******* young player that resulted from that decision. ****, name an old or middle aged one. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

When we come up 10M short on Cousins you can tell me then that it was smart to pass on him because of the money.  Meanwhile we spent it on an aging wannabe Viking envious of Chad Pennington's arm.

What young players did we get from signing Fitzpatrick? Name one ******* young player that resulted from that decision. ****, name an old or middle aged one. 

That's fair about the young players. That's my bad.

IF we come up 10m short on Cousins, then you can say that. Until then,,,

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

IDK but they have 3 QBs currently. Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum. One or two have to go.

case keenum contract below.  looks like he's an ufa.  in any case there will be qb's better than mccown shaking free.  how about stanton?  the jets had him for a week or so a few years ago.

Current Contract

Year Age Base Salary (Guaranteed) Bonuses Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Prorated Roster Workout Other
2017 29 $950,000 $750,000 $250,000 $750,000 $50,000 $0 $1,906,250 1.1%  
$1,000,000
$906,250
Total   $950,000 $250,000 $750,000 $50,000 $0 $1,906,250

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The year is 2020. A 41 year old McCown goes 3-13 while Hack drools on himself holding a clipboard

Meanwhile, Petty leads the Browns to a 10-6 record.  And the Jets extend Macc and Bowles for yet another three years.

Archived