Sad state of Jets backup QB's

joewilly12

Unfortunately McCown is the best QB on the team. The Jets for decades for some reason through many different OCs , HCs and QB coaches can't seem to develop QBs. I have this terrible apparition that Hack gets cut and the Pats pick him up and he becomes the future franchise QB for them kicking our ass for years to come. Just a bad dream....I hope.

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Unfortunately McCown is the best QB on the team. The Jets for decades for some reason through many different OCs , HCs and QB coaches can't seem to develop QBs. I have this terrible apparition that Hack gets cut and the Pats pick him up and he becomes the future franchise QB for them kicking our ass for years to come. Just a bad dream....I hope.

We don't know that McCown is the best because we haven't had enough of a look on Petty.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

We don't know that McCown is the best because we haven't had enough of a look on Petty.

Excellent point and I would agree with that. However the coaching staff sees much more of them than we do. Would like to see Petty get his shot.

2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Excellent point and I would agree with that. However the coaching staff sees much more of them than we do. Would like to see Petty get his shot.

The story seems to be true that teams inquired about Petty. If that's true and you have no intention of playing him, why did they turn any offers down? I keep hearing that he makes a good backup, how the f*ck do we know?

My god, he played on a team that everyone quit, 4 of the 5 starters on the oline were injured, and Robby Anderson, an UDFA was our only WR + we didnt even have 1 tightend. Really? Really? This Bowles needs to go, seriously!

16 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

i won't argue that, but sanchez did did make some big time throws in that amazing two year run..

really thought back then, sanchez & ryan would be the faces of our jets for 10+ years..

Don't get me wrong Sanchez was really good, but the players around him afforded him that especially the OL. If the course remained the same and Rex with a D, coupled with Sanchez were in sync there is no telling what they might have done. They invested in Mark but never replenished nor invested around him on O. I'm not saying he would have been the next Brees I think he would have been a Flacco type.

The nicest thing Bowles ever did for Hackenberg was not playing him. He knew he woukd either embarrass himself and/or have a career ending injury in the process.

He saw what happened with Petty last year, (who while made a few nice throws looked completelt lost, couldn't read a defense, or adjust his oline, got himself hurt, couldn't throw a ball in rain) and decided yeah playing time for a player to develop should only be given if the player has potential.

Pettys ceiling is a back up and Hackenberg's mind was left to ruin at Penn State. His athletic tools now obsolete parts. Its over, they both suck.

Now watch them both go face each other in a Super Bowl for other teams down the road.

On 11/14/2017 at 6:37 PM, johnnysd said:

Problem is that it is a ridiculous concept, and I would consider firing Bates for even having said it. The short term is NOT more important for this team than the future. Exactly the opposite. To be so clueless as to actually intentionally be so tunnel visioned is criminal.

They are young QBs. ALL young QBs are AAA level, period. Even the flavor of the month Watson. The all take time to develop and the ONLY way to progress from AAA to Pro Level is to play. People act like Watson would have had similar success here. 

NO

First, Bowles, Bates and Morton are all "Play the veteran" guys so he likely wouldn't have played anyway

Second, O'Brien fully committed to Watson the SECOND he knew Savage was not the answer. FULLY. And what does he do? He creates an offense that gives Watson the best chance to grow and succeed. And he blossomed. The reality is that after 10 games or so, teams are likely to figure out how to defend Watson, he will start looking like a young QB, and he will have to adjust.

But we have bozos running our team.

Next game is less important than next season and the season after'

Evaluating at the end of the year is so laughably stupid with a 38 year old QB it defies all logic.

This coaching staff is destroying this team right in front of our faces. If our Dumber and DUmber owners don't step in we are doomed.

Only thing that can save us is a McClown injury at this point. I am so tired of defensive minded loser head coaches.

Cool story. Nobody coaches like that unless they have Belichick/Parcells-level clout.

Coaches coach to win as many games as possible to keep themselves employed.

Archived