joerb31

Film Review: Week 10 Jets @ Buccaneers

Videos got clearer this week as I learned to record off of my computer instead of recording on my phone. Saying this for bump purposes.

The play where you point out that both Johnson and Carpenter stop blocking, man I wish that didn't make me laugh. But it did. That is painful. Very sad.

Thanks for the analysis!

I don't get why Anderson doesn't get more love on this board.  He seems to get open deep very consistently for someone who supposedly is a one trick pony, and he high points and catches the ball very cleanly...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Thanks for the analysis!

I don't get why Anderson doesn't get more love on this board.  He seems to get open deep very consistently for someone who supposedly is a one trick pony, and he high points and catches the ball very cleanly...

He is having a better year than I thought he was capable of. I knew he was explosive, I thought his lack of strength would hurt him more than it has. Still see him getting jammed at the line in a big spot and not being able to free himself.

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He is having a better year than I thought he was capable of. I knew he was explosive, I thought his lack of strength would hurt him more than it has. Still see him getting jammed at the line in a big spot and not being able to free himself.

He's a little skinny guy, undrafted - I have a soft spot in my heart for him...  :-)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, thshadow said:

Thanks for the analysis!

He's not that open on his deep runs.  Most of them are like the TD from last game.  Open by a half step requiring a perfect throw or some sort of 50/50 acrobatics (to his credit he's definitely gotten his share).  He's also mostly handled by CB1s in man to man.  

If his route running was a little more polished and people respected his route tree he would be really wide open, but so far we haven't seen that.  I've seen other speedsters like him before in this league, and you know pretty soon if they develop or fall off a cliff.

Sure, he's often covered, and no, he's not a #1 receiver.  

But if you're implying that he's never really open and he just wins 50-50 balls - he's definitely wide open a lot of the time...  Here are some examples from this season.

anderson1.png

Or this one against the falcons

anderson2.png

Or his 69 yd TD against the fish:

anderson3.png

I agree that he's somewhat of a one trick pony - but it's a damn good trick!!

anderson3.png

The Qb's job is to put the ball where the defender can't make a play or intercept the ball, you either have that ability or you don't and it takes time for receivers and Qb's to get in sync just like it takes time for an OL to achieve continuity. The Jets do nothing in either regard.