Bills bench Tyrod Taylor

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Tanking for purpose.  Word.

Except they aren't tanking...they are admitting that their current QB has reached his ceiling and are now gaining information on how necessary drafting a QB will be. If Peterman plays lights out, they use their 2 firsts for support. If he stinks up the joint they try and trade up for a Blue Chipper. It's called foresight, something that is lacking in Florham Park. 

They trade down, get an extra 1st for this coming year and draft a very promising staring CB and decide they need to look at their QB to know for sure if they have to go all in next year.

I said it last year just after the draft, the Bills will be the team to trade up and get the best QB in the next draft.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They trade down, get an extra 1st for this coming year and draft a very promising staring CB and decide they need to look at their QB to know for sure if they have to go all in next year.

I said it last year just after the draft, the Bills will be the team to trade up and get the best QB in the next draft.

Could be. I envy the Bills for having Pegula as an owner. Saw through Rex's BS after two years, hired two young, innovative guys, and is all in to building a franchise the right way. And we continue to live here on the Island of Misfit Toys.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Could be. I envy the Bills for having Pegula as an owner. Saw through Rex's BS after two years, hired two young, innovative guys, and is all in to building a franchise the right way. And we continue to live here on the Island of Misfit Toys.

this is what happens when you don't gm or coach scared.  you test the guys you draft.

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

Well in fairness he was an utter fool for falling for REx's schick in the 1st place and the Sabres have been wallowing in the mire for a long time.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Problem is we already know what we have.

I 100% guarantee you this narrative will change back to "We don't know what we have" next year.  The one and only way that 'we know what he have' will have any credability at all is if both petty and hack are cut next year and do not set a foot in camp.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I 100% guarantee you this narrative will change back to "We don't know what we have" next year.  The one and only way that 'we know what he have' will have any credability at all is if both petty and hack are cut next year and do not set a foot in camp.

I agree, although I think one will stay because you need a third QB

the Bills are in the race looking for a spark at QB, they are not benching Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers.  they are benching a mediocre QB who has struggled leading his O to points this season.,  Buffalo has a good record mainly b/c their D/STs has scored a lot or created TOs for easy scores. when they don't turn the opponent over they don't usually have a chance.  that is not a way to sustain success. 

Bowles is too conservative, I think this move is too reckless. They are still in playoff hunt; it won't hurt their chances to 'see what they have' after two more games. Also, Taylor is way better/younger than McCown.

Of course, this is McDermott's first year; the odds of getting fired are smaller. The Bills are in a different position than the Jets, and I think this move is bad. As far as the Jets, Bowles is either too stubborn for his own good, or he is playing to keep his job. Either way, he won't bench Forte for Bilal, no reason to expect him to bench McCown.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

meanwhile I'm surrounded by Bills fans wondering just what in the F they're doing..  there's a reason the Bills haven't seen the postseason since the last millennium.

New owners and new management. Not making the playoffs in 20 years would be more of a case to continue starting Taylor. Their management has realistic expectations of their season as opposed to sticking their heads in the sand an repeating the "Extremely limited Vet gives us the best chance to win" line. 

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Bowles is too conservative, I think this move is too reckless. They are still in playoff hunt; it won't hurt their chances to 'see what they have' after two more games. Also, Taylor is way better/younger than McCown.

Of course, this is McDermott's first year; the odds of getting fired are smaller. The Bills are in a different position than the Jets, and I think this move is bad. As far as the Jets, Bowles is either too stubborn for his own good, or he is playing to keep his job. Either way, he won't bench Forte for Bilal, no reason to expect him to bench McCown.

Tbh Bilal had a chance to show something on Sunday and didn’t. Line didn’t help but he did fumble

In before the inevitable Jets Fan "Sign Tyrod Taylor for 2018" threads.

Smart move by Buffalo.  They've never been sold on Tyrod Taylor.  He's just good enough to tempt you, just bad enough to want to replace him every year.  Now they get to see their youngster play, likely improve their draft stock as well, for little to no cost.  They were not making the playoffs anyway.

Smart franchise management.  

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

New owners and new management. Not making the playoffs in 20 years would be more of a case to continue starting Taylor. Their management has realistic expectations of their season as opposed to sticking their heads in the sand an repeating the "Extremely limited Vet gives us the best chance to win" line. 

I don’t get the difference. Bryce Petty has already started a few games in the NFL

Just now, Warfish said:

In before the inevitable Jets Fan "Sign Tyrod Taylor for 2018" threads.

Smart move by Buffalo.  They've never been sold on Tyrod Taylor.  He's just good enough to tempt you, just bad enough to want to replace him every year.  Now they get to see their youngster play, likely improve their draft stock as well, for little to no cost.  They were not making the playoffs anyway.

Smart franchise management.  

Maybe so, but to do it at this point is not good looking to a franchise that has not made the playoffs in nearly 20 years. Especially given the state of the AFC. 

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree, although I think one will stay because you need a third QB

If a player has no future to be a stater behind the likes of mccown then he should not be on the team.  Bring in some UDFA player a cfl player or some other teams cut.  For ypur 2nd and 3rd QBs you should have two development, players or a vet and a development player.  It's an utter waste of time to keep players around that are so sh*tty they can't beat out a 38 year old nomad.

Just now, Beerfish said:

If a player has no future to be a stater behind the likes of mccown then he should not be on the team.  Bring in some UDFA player a cfl player or some other teams cut.  For ypur 2nd and 3rd QBs you should have two development, players or a vet and a development player.  It's an utter waste of time to keep players around that are so sh*tty they can't beat out a 38 year old nomad.

Why spend money doing that? That’s just a waste. That would be a real misuse of assets

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don’t get the difference. Bryce Petty has already started a few games in the NFL

Clearly you are ready to give up on a player that played 4 games on a team that was already demoralized...good for you. Most of us understand that players typically improve with time, especially players that were known to need a couple years learning before starting. It's the same player that seemed to look much improved in the preseason.

The one point I keep seeing is his durability concerns. Does he frequently get hurt? So far it seems that way, but unless you are Petty's mom I'm not sure why Jets fans would care much about that. 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe so, but to do it at this point is not good looking to a franchise that has not made the playoffs in nearly 20 years. Especially given the state of the AFC. 

Not good looking to who exactly?  Fans?  They'll get over it.

Again, this Bills team was not making the playoffs.  They know it, and most sane folks know it.  

Tyrod wasn't playing well.  They have a young player they see alot of upside in, and as a franchise are clearly not going to invest in Tyrod long-term.  As such, they need to find their QB.  This move helps them do that, so they can know what they have (or not) heading into next offseason and the QB heavy draft.  It's exactly the way a team should be managed.  This administration isn't responsible for the last 20 years, and they shouldn't manage like they are.

The Jets playing McCown at this point is a literal tragic comedy.  It either means Bowles/Macc have no idea what they're doing, or that Petty and Hack are so pathetic and horrible and irredeemable they would simply be a joke to play them, and neither option reflects well on Bowles or Macc.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Not good looking to who exactly?  Fans?  They'll get over it.

Again, this Bills team was not making the playoffs.  They know it, and most sane folks know it.  

Tyrod wasn't playing well.  They have a young player they see alot of upside in, and as a franchise are clearly not going to invest in Tyrod long-term.  As such, they need to find their QB.  This move helps them do that, so they can know what they have (or not) heading into next offseason and the QB heavy draft.  It's exactly the way a team should be managed. 

The Jets playing McCown at this point is a literal tragic comedy.  It either means Bowles/Macc have no idea what they're doing, or that Petty and Hack are so pathetic and horrible and irredeemable they would simply be a joke to play them, and neither option reflects well on Bowles or Macc.  

Only fans seem to care about playing Petty and Hack. Nobody else really cares. 

If the Bills had the same record we did, then I think you can make your argument.

I actually believe what somebody else said. This is not about seeing what Peterson has. This is an act of desperation to see if they can spark the team to the postseason

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Why spend money doing that? That’s just a waste. That would be a real misuse of assets

Misuse of assets?  Keeping jags around that will never play for you unless the starter no matter who is is mangled when you know they are no good is a good use of assets?

The misuse of assets is drafting these guys who suck, keeping them around would be the big misuse of assets.

Archived