Bills bench Tyrod Taylor

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just find it funny that while Bills fans are incensed at this whole affair, Jets fans here are like “Good Job McDermott”.

most Bills fans wanted Taylor benched and had no problem w/ the decision. anyone watching them understood Taylor wasn't why they were winning.

I just find it funny that while Bills fans are incensed at this whole affair, Jets fans here are like “Good Job McDermott”.

Why does that surprise you? Most fans wants are illogical and fueled more by passion than sense.

Also I don't understand how you think McDermott showed indecision. If he benched Peterman after throwing 1 or 2 interceptions I would agree with you. Throwing 5 picks in a half? Need to get the kids out of there. That's making a decision based on evidence not on "I drafted this QB in the 2nd round so let's give him all the 1st team snaps in the preseason."

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, Pac said:

oh please.. the defending of Mcdermott is silly.

It was a stupid decision and he looks like a jackass to his team, their fans, and the rest of the NFL.

as if a 1 game audition would be the basis for a decision on drafting a QB...  right.

The Tyrod Taylor-haters think it’s brilliant tho

On 11/24/2017 at 9:12 AM, nyjunc said:

and he wasn't the reason they were winning.  he couldn't change the whole D, he tried to spark the O so they could help out.  It didn't work.

In hindsight, what they should have done is add a 3rd QB so if Peterman flamed out, he wouldn't have to go back to Taylor, which made him look indecisive.

Buffalo's D played great and Buffalo won.  Taylor did his usual and put up 16 points(the Buf average is now less than 18 PPg when he starts) but it's all about that D.  They weren't 5-2 b/c of Taylor, they didn't lose 3 straight b/c of Taylor(or the backup). 

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Buffalo's D played great and Buffalo won.  Taylor did his usual and put up 16 points(the Buf average is now less than 18 PPg when he starts) but it's all about that D.  They weren't 5-2 b/c of Taylor, they didn't lose 3 straight b/c of Taylor(or the backup). 

The problem is that the 5 INTs by Peterson helped lead to the blowout.

If it was just the defense giving up the 40 points, then I think you would have a fair point.

15 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is that the 5 INTs by Peterson helped lead to the blowout.

If it was just the defense giving up the 40 points, then I think you would have a fair point.

of course but even if you take away the 24 points that were a direct result of his INts they still score 30 and easily win.

On 11/22/2017 at 12:30 PM, Tinstar said:

folks, the Bills season went in the toilet immediately after the trade of their DT .  The bills are still scoring points, but right now they can't stop a nose bleed . 

Taylor was never the problem, and a coaching staff who watches players everyday should know who gives them the best chance to win, since that's why you play the game . 

Wow what an intelligent post and a break from the “Tyrod ain’t as good as Bryce Petty” banter

On 11/27/2017 at 8:02 AM, nyjunc said:

Hey how did our last qb do on the road at Kansas City?

Tyrod Taylor was awesome again yesterday leading the Bills offense to THREE points.  I don't know which was the bigger joke, the fake outrage of Taylor being benched or the fake outrage over Eli being benched?

This time Buf's D kept them in the game but the great Tyrod Taylor couldn't do anything as usual.

For the season in games Taylor started he led his O to an average of 16.5 PPG but he was above benching.

For the season in games Eli started he led his O to 14.2 PPG

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Tyrod Taylor was awesome again yesterday leading the Bills offense to THREE points.  I don't know which was the bigger joke, the fake outrage of Taylor being benched or the fake outrage over Eli being benched?

This time Buf's D kept them in the game but the great Tyrod Taylor couldn't do anything as usual.

For the season in games Taylor started he led his O to an average of 16.5 PPG but he was above benching.

For the season in games Eli started he led his O to 14.2 PPG

And he got knocked out meaning Peterson was brought back in. Will be interesting to see if Peterson shows anything down the stretch, McDermott clearly likes him, which is why he took the ill fated chance of benching Taylor.

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And he got knocked out meaning Peterson was brought back in. Will be interesting to see if Peterson shows anything down the stretch, McDermott clearly likes him, which is why he took the ill fated chance of benching Taylor.

I don't know if it was as much about Peterman as it was about taylor, that O and needing a spark but now Peterman should get an extended look.  They were going nowhere w/ Taylor, that much I know.  if they go nowhere w/ Peterman it doesn't hurt them.  They have a ton of picks coming up, if they do a good job this offseason they can be a real playoff contender next year.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I don't know if it was as much about Peterman as it was about taylor, that O and needing a spark but now Peterman should get an extended look.  They were going nowhere w/ Taylor, that much I know.  if they go nowhere w/ Peterman it doesn't hurt them.  They have a ton of picks coming up, if they do a good job this offseason they can be a real playoff contender next year.

If he's hurt they will have no choice. The problem with the AFC is that every team is basically alive for a playoff spot. The Jets are technically still alive for a playoff spot. People talk about mediocrity, the AFC is basically mediocrity outside NE and Pitt

• 1 month later...

Tyrod Taylor led the Bills to THREE points in a playoff game.  The lowest amount of points Mark Sanchez led his O to in any playoff game was 17 points.  Do we now see why they benched him?  he led his O to less than 17 PPG throughout the reg season and in the biggest game of his life leads his O to 3 points.  The outrage over his benching was complete nonsense.

50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tyrod haters acting vindicated based on Jacksonville’s top 3 defense at home shutting down the bills offense.  Hey when was the last time the jets were in a playoff 

Not a Tyrod hater, not a hater of anyone.  I just discuss reality.  Tyrod was awful this year but b/c of certain factors it became a Nat'l story when this awful QB was rightfully benched.  He led his offenses to less than 17 PPG in his starts this year then led his O to THREE points in a playoff game. 

The Bills were in the playoffs in spite of Tyrod who did almost nothing to help them win.  when the D was great they had a chance to win, when they weren't the had no chance. The last time we were in the playoffs we went to the AFC Championship Game w/ Mark Sanchez, b/c of meaningless #s some folks will claim Tyrod is better but those folks are fools.

Sure the Jaguars defense is strong, but Tyrod is completely awful Switching to Peterman was likely the correct move. They just also happened to seriously overperform and make the playoffs. I see 0% chance Bills do not switch QBs this year. I just pray we don't pick this bum up.

Archived