Mike Westhoff back in the NFL

joewilly12

Good for him, not so much for us

Westoff was great on the SNY shows. I loved listening to the objective analysis he always provided. Something about him commands respect and yes, he should have gotten a shot at HC. He talks like he was disappointed not to get it when Rex did.

Now I'm rooting for the Saints in the NFC

When you hear him after a game on SNY and he talks about things like tendencies and playing players out of position you have to listen to him. It usually sounds right to me. I guess Payton was unhappy with their STs and feels that Westhoff can just walk in and do a job even though he doesn't know the personnel all that well. One thing you have to like about Mike is he's confident in himself and he has plenty of years under his belt to prove it. 

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Good for him, not so much for us

Westoff was great on the SNY shows. I loved listening to the objective analysis he always provided. Something about him commands respect and yes, he should have gotten a shot at HC. He talks like he was disappointed not to get it when Rex did.

Now I'm rooting for the Saints in the NFC

Absolutely. He is great on SNY. I will be rooting for the Saints, even when they play the Jets.

26 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Westoff said before the draft in April he knows Watson and that kid will make it in the NFL..He's not a PC coach but i would have loved for him to have had a shot with the Jets..

He would have drafted Watson & 50% of the threads on this board wouldn't exist. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

He would have drafted Watson & 50% of the threads on this board wouldn't exist. 

Forget about Watson. Watson blew a knee running at half speed in open field at practice. Nobody touched him. Think about that. The knee was unhealthy waiting to shred and makes you wonder what other parts of him are scheduled to fail. Watson can be RGIV, Bradford II, or CP2, a walking booby trap. Just like Maxman is lucky his RV didn't break halfway down the coast, consider it a wonderful thing Macc passed (and ignored Bowles whose screams were heard across the Delaware to draft Watson at 6 according to bunk artist @Charlie Brown who owes me $100) on a high-priced pile of junk. Another factor at play that's overlooked repeatedly by brainless Macc-haters (who all share one thing in common: a mental block for logic) is Bowles' program is not Bill O'Brien's program. So please get over it and end the Watson fixation. He's done. 

5 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Forget about Watson. Watson blew a knee running at half speed in open field at practice. Nobody touched him. Think about that. The knee was unhealthy waiting to shred and makes you wonder what other parts of him are scheduled to fail. Watson can be RGIV, Bradford II, or CP2, a walking booby trap. Just like Maxman is lucky his RV didn't break halfway down the coast, consider it a wonderful thing Macc passed (and ignored Bowles whose screams were heard across the Delaware to draft Watson at 6 according to bunk artist @Charlie Brown who owes me $100) on a high-priced pile of junk. Another factor at play that's overlooked repeatedly by brainless Macc-haters (who all share one thing in common: a mental block for logic) is Bowles' program is not Bill O'Brien's program. So please get over it and end the Watson fixation. He's done. 

You might very well be correct but wow did he ever show flashes while healthy.

13 minutes ago, jetrider said:

So did RGIII

I know.  I just didn't expect Watson to ever be this good (let alone right away).  I was staunchly against drafting him.  Maybe it'll have been the right call but for the wrong reason (I read that he had a weak arm and an accuracy problem).   I did like Mahomes but it seemed too risky to have taken him at #6 when Jamal Adams was sitting there.  We'll see how that one plays out though.  Apparently Mahomes looked great in preseason (fwiw). 

Todd Bowles couldn't hold Mike Westoffs coaching whistle. Nothing I've seen from Bowles has me confident he can fix this offense, develop a QB, and show one bit of consistancy. 

Let me know when he can win a game on the road. So the defense is finally playing better? Well it damn sure should with the amount of draft picks used on it. Todd Bowles has a script he follows, the problem is that script is an old dusty playbook found in an old file cabinet from the 1980s. This team can't hold leads, can't score in the 2 minute drill, can't run any hurry up, Can't get off the field in big moments, can't find a punt returner, constantly tries running the ball out of the endzone & gets tackled at the 15, plus the team is top 3 in penalties & penalty yards, most by Buster Skrine, who he keeps trotting out there every week.

I want an offensive coach. Wade Phillips could get this defense to play at the level Bowles has us with his eyes closed. I still can't figure out what Todd brings to this party? There is nothing I've seen in 41 games that has me excited for our future. Morton is getting as much as he can with so little talent to work with, problem is teams have our schemes on film & are taking away our short passing game & stuffing our run. The imbalance on this team between defense & offense is as wide as Grand Canyon, so their rankings being similar tells you all you need to know about our future.

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

amazing the greatness of Westhoff has been lost on all 32 franchises. 

I have been watching SNY all season and Westhoff has been high on McCown and the coaches overall

Exactly, but people only hear what they want to hear. Now the threads will start clamoring for Ray Lucas to be the next head coach.:D

16 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Damn! Why didn't we grab him??!! Bowles could have actually had someone competent on his coaching staf!! 

More BS from Jets fans.  Bowles has revamped his CS very nicely this off season yet the narrative continues unabated.  

Archived