Remember when BIGGG MACCC tried to get Semian?

Integrity28

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Is drafting Hack 51st overall worse than drafting E J Manual 16th overall?  Will you whiners never stop.  It is what it is.  Mac is staying so get over yourselves and try to make constructive posts for a change.    

Our epic fail is okay because some other teams failed!  I always lover that logic.

Also you should never 'get over it'.  You have you look at each move a GM makes over time, add them up after a few years and determine if he should stay or go.  A bad pick of a QB not only leaves you without the player that should have been taken but also often prevents you from going Qb for a couple of years afterwards, just like the jets have done.  Thus missing out on better guys.

25 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Is drafting Hack 51st overall worse than drafting E J Manual 16th overall?  Will you whiners never stop.  It is what it is.  Mac is staying so get over yourselves and try to make constructive posts for a change.    

Actually, it is.  Hackenberg was a 5th round prospect taken in the 2nd.  That's a huge leap in projected value by the GM on a kid who couldn't complete 60 % of his throws against Indiana, in 4 starts against them. 

Then, instead of cutting our losses, he essentially doubled down on Hackenberg by not taking a QB in last season's draft.

Criticism IS constructive.  Without criticism, guys like Macc get to coast and never have to worry, because if the fans aren't pissed and are still spending money on the team, why fire the GM and seek to improve?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Built a Super Bowl team around a broken down QB, and won 2 as a player.  Yeah, I'd say he's pretty smart. 

LMAO at judging Elway as GM by including the Super Bowls he won as a player. I guess that makes Tom Brady one of the greatest GMs of all time before he even retires.

Sure he won a SB as a GM and deserves credit for that but he also drafted Brock Osweiller, Paxton Lynch and thought Trevor Semien was good enough to be his starting QB for 2 straight years and thereby wasted 2 years of a great defense. His ability to draft players on offense is historically bad. He didn't draft Demayrius. Didn't draft Sanders. All of his RBs have been disappointing. His offensive line is hot garbage. But yeah, he is a genius.....

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO at judging Elway as GM by including the Super Bowls he won as a player. I guess that makes Tom Brady one of the greatest GMs of all time before he even retires.

Sure he won a SB as a GM and deserves credit for that but he also drafted Brock Osweiller, Paxton Lynch and thought Trevor Semien was good enough to be his starting QB for 2 straight years and thereby wasted 2 years of a great defense. His ability to draft players on offense is historically bad. He didn't draft Demayrius. Didn't draft Sanders. All of his RBs have been disappointing. His offensive line is hot garbage. But yeah, he is a genius.....

Still won a Super Bowl with a broken down, old QB.  Which is something you're not supposed to be able to do anymore in today's game. 

Yes, he's smart.  Never said "genius".  

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Paxton Lynch, could you imagine the sh*t storm we'd have if we wasted a 1st round pick on a QB instead of a 2nd round pick?

I hated Lynch two years ago I remember Patsfantx laughing at me because Lynch had a good workout throwing outside in a t-shirt and shorts

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Are we also criticizing the Broncos front office for taking both Semian and Lynch? 

I don’t root for the Broncos. This isn’t relevant. Deflection.

3 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I don’t root for the Bills. This isn’t relevant either. You’re the one whining. I’m just lamenting for laughs, because if you can’t laugh about it, what’s the point?

3 hours ago, section314 said:

But, Elway is a genius, remember?

Again, I don’t root for the Broncos. Irrelevant deflection.

Actually, it is.  Hackenberg was a 5th round prospect taken in the 2nd.  That's a huge leap in projected value by the GM on a kid who couldn't complete 60 % of his throws against Indiana, in 4 starts against them. 
Then, instead of cutting our losses, he essentially doubled down on Hackenberg by not taking a QB in last season's draft.
Criticism IS constructive.  Without criticism, guys like Macc get to coast and never have to worry, because if the fans aren't pissed and are still spending money on the team, why fire the GM and seek to improve?

Most mock drafts had hack in either the second or third round...that is something you can look up still instead of being bitter and just making crap up.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Most mock drafts had hack in either the second or third round...that is something you can look up still instead of being bitter and just making crap up.

I know, this narrative is like a fish tale. "Hack was projected to go 5th round", by who? I never saw that projection. It was always 2nd or 3rd round.

I know, this narrative is like a fish tale. "Hack was projected to go 5th round", by who? I never saw that projection. It was always 2nd or 3rd round.

It's either people who are emotional because hack isn't looking good or it could be part of the old conner cook fan club who hated hack from the start

Well Mac was the fool to take him in the 2nd round and overdraft him, this after his big guru O'Brien traded up in the 2nd round in front of the jets ...... and took a center. 

The 'emotional' people who blasted the pick were 100% correct it seems and the supporters of the pick were 100% wrong with this guy.  It's not just the fail, it is the degree of the fail.  This is not sanchez, or geno or clemens all of who had a kick at the can.  This guy is so atrocious he can't beat out Petty for 2nd string and after two years can't come close to beating out Josh friggin Mccown.

Worst pick ever...

tumblr_mzh3l41j2N1qh59n0o1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think you're just being over dramatic.

3rd Round: SBNation

3rd Round: Walter Football

2nd - 3rd Round: NFL.com

1st - 2nd Round: Sporting News

2nd - 3rd Round: NFLDraftScout.com

3rd Round: Sports Illustrated

2nd - 3rd Round: NBC Sports

2nd Round: Todd McShay

2nd Round: Mel Kiper

39 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Strange. It’s almost as if the guy in charge of outfitting this team with a quarterback has failed time and again on multiple fronts from free agency to trades to the draft. Sure seems like he should lose his job. 

Trade: Fitz for a 6th round pick year 1 was a good deal no matter how you slice it especially given the production. Would you have preferred the Jets give up last years 6th overall and a 4th Rounder for Sam Bradford? 

Free Agency: Outside of Fitz last year which other starting QB would you have had us sign?

Draft: This is tough because we now have hindsight so it's easy to say Dak (Who McShay had ranked 12th in QBs) but Macc tried to move up for Mariota and Wentz, who would you have drafted with any of our picks given the value at the time?

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still won a Super Bowl with a broken down, old QB.  Which is something you're not supposed to be able to do anymore in today's game. 

Yes, he's smart.  Never said "genius".  

We kill Macc for taking Hack, but he has taken Osweiller in the 2nd and Lynch in the 1st. He also has hung on to Trevoer Semien for 2 years as his starter heading into the season. How would you rank his abilities to draft a franchise QB? 

Granted, he did a great job finding that Peyton Manning kid that no one ever heard about before the Broncos got him....

Archived