Donating Season Tickets; Oh the Pain

JetNation

Metlife_Parking.jpg

In case this Jets season hasn’t been painful enough, the Jets sent out an email on Wednesday making sure season tickets holders know they can donate their tickets. The remaining schedule is brutal and ticket prices have been dropping by the week. So the Jets decided to let you know you can donate your tickets and get a tax deduction. As opposed to selling them for pennies on the dollar.

The added bonus is they send this email right after the yearly PSL bill was due. That is a really nice touch.

As for us, we will be there regardless of their record. Our goal is to complete the trifecta of over payment:  1) Season tickets 2) PSLs 3) $125 to park the JetNation RV each week. It would be nice if there was a QB change soon so that we didn’t have to watch a 38 year old journeyman. But if Todd Bowles is to be believed, it sounds like there are no plans on playing either of the young QB’s.

The email the team sent appears below, and if you don’t have season tickets but want to buy tickets for pennies on the dollar check out this link –> NY Jets Tickets.

Dear Jet Nation,

Unable to make our upcoming games? Did you know you could donate your tickets to a good cause? By going to AccountManager your tickets will be sent to the United Way as a tax deductible donation.

Below are the cut off dates for donating your tickets to the United Way:

Sunday, November 26 Panthers vs. Jets – Last day to donate to United Way is Tuesday, November 21 12 NOON.

Sunday, December 3 Chiefs vs Jets. – Last day to donate to United Way is Tuesday, November 28 10AM.

Sunday, December 24 Chargers vs. Jets – Last day to donate to United Way is Tuesday, December 19 12 NOON.

Step 1: Log in to ACCOUNT MANAGER
Step 2: Click MANAGE TICKETS
Step 3: Click the game you want to donate: MANAGE THIS EVENT
Step 4: Click DONATE TO CHARITY
Step 5: Click the seats you want to donate
Step 6: Click DONATE in top right box
Step 7: Click CONTINUE TO DONATE
Step 8: Click DONE

Thank you and go Jets.

Sincerely,
The New York Jets
800-469-JETS (5387)
service@newyorkjets.com

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
YrZUYLe5Y1c

Click here to read the full story...

Used to have season tickets until they priced us out with the PSLs, a group of the gang we used to go with is heading to the Charger game since one of our buddies passed away. Would love to see one of the young guys play in that game. I am wondering how much I overpaid for my $25 ticket :D

Glad I sold those San Diego tix back in September. Got 70 cents on the dollar. Knew it would be more like 20 cents on the dollar by Thanksgiving.  I still plan on attending Cam Newton next week and the Chiefs after that, so I haven' looked at stub Hub prices for those. I guess they are pretty bad. 

Jets Brass just want some fannies in the seats. Why would you donate them to the United Way? Don't they try to pick people up? Help them in tough times? Here's their catch phrase, "Feeling down in the dumps? Can't make your rent?, just got shooed away from another flop house?, well we know how to pick you up. Head out to MetLife Stadium & watch Cam Newton, Alex Smith, and Drew Brees carve up your Jets like a Thanksgiving turkey. Put a smile on a young Jet fans face with a $12 hotdog. Watch Buster Skrine try to tackle someone while holding tennis balls & watch Mo Wilkerson try to arm tacked another running back. Watch Jets QB Josh McCown retire at halftime. Turn your Jet hat into a rally cap & cheer them on from a 24 point deficit in the 4th quarter. We hope to see YOU on Sundays!

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Jets Brass just want some fannies in the seats. Why would you donate them to the United Way? Don't they try to pick people up? Help them in tough times? Here's their catch phrase, "Feeling down in the dumps? Can't make your rent?, just got shooed away from another flop house?, well we know how to pick you up. Head out to MetLife Stadium & watch Cam Newton, Alex Smith, and Drew Brees carve up your Jets like a Thanksgiving turkey. Put a smile on a young Jet fans face with a $12 hotdog. Watch Buster Skrine try to tackle someone while holding tennis balls & watch Mo Wilkerson try to arm tacked another running back. Watch Jets QB Josh McCown retire at halftime. Turn your Jet hat into a rally cap & cheer them on from a 24 point deficit in the 4th quarter. We hope to see YOU on Sundays!

Nominate this for line of the year. Fantastic.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Giants owner sent out basically an apology letter to fans of this season and our organization sends this. 

Investment Gold its times like these I'm glad I walked away and no longer help fund this sh*t show. 

The scary thing about this idiotic, intern driven idea is that some high paid Jets executive had to approve this  before it was sent out. 

Archived