..will jets TRADE-UP for a Franchise QB ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Jets will end up picking just out of the top 5. Probably somewhere around the 8th pick. I highly doubt Macc will be willing to trade the farm to move up from 8 to 3, 2 or 1. Most likely, the Jets will stand pat. If anything, they may trade down if they don;t think their top guys will be there at 8.  

Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Chubb and Barkley will probably be off the board. 

If the JEts stay pat at 8ish. Keep an eye on Lamar Jackson, yes,  I think Macc will pull the trigger on Jackson despite criticisms that he is too small and not a traditional pocket QB. And Arden Key, the stellar LSU pass rusher. Harold Landry is another possibility. I would also include McGlinchey on that list but he could very well be off the board and Macc has shown he is not willing to take O-linemen early in the draft. Although, if you ask me, that's probably the safest pick at the most desperately needed (other than QB) position.     

Just now, RoadFan said:

They should have traded up for Mariota, Wentz, or Goff.

I haven't watched this class yet... 

" ..I haven't watched this class yet... "... here ya go -

* * just keep an eye on #14 for USC  :rolleyes:

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Mac thought an extra mid round pick (or maybe it was a 2nd, either way) was too much too move up for Wentz, supposedly.  Why would he be more willing now? 

..because " his " time is running out  B)

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I ******* hope not. 

If you hope not because you think the QB class isn't very good... that is your opinion and certainly OK. 

If you hope not because of this bullsh*t cliche of "mortgaging the future"... then you need a reality check. 

THERE. IS. NO. FUTURE. WITHOUT. A FRANCHISE.  QUARTERBACK.

I would not predict Macc trading up for a QB in 2018.  Just don't see it.

One spot, say pick #8 to pick #7?  Sure, that could happen.

Pick #8 to pick #1 or #2?  Hard to see that happening IMO.

I wouldn't do it.  I would stay where I am and pick one of the lower prospects, the BAP QB at my spot.  

I believe Baker Mayfield would be available, and I would likely select him.  Then I spend the rest of the draft building offense around him, especially the O-line.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Phuckin Jets.  Completely disgusted.

All ya had to do was lose and ya F-ed that up.  The Giants didn't even prepare to suck like the Jets did, yet were instantly able to adjust once losing was their best option.

A horribly run team on every level.

Yea, how dare the players try hard! It's like they don't want us to potentially draft their replacement! NFL careers rarely last 4 years

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I would not predict Macc trading up for a QB in 2018.  Just don't see it.

One spot, say pick #8 to pick #7?  Sure, that could happen.

Pick #8 to pick #1 or #2?  Hard to see that happening IMO.

I wouldn't do it.  I would stay where I am and pick one of the lower prospects, the BAP QB at my spot.  

I believe Baker Mayfield would be available, and I would likely select him.  Then I spend the rest of the draft building offense around him, especially the O-line.

I agree, I don't see Macc trading up that far but he has shown willingness to explore the option. If he deems a QB will be the guy I hope he is not afraid to do whatever it takes to move up and get that player. If Macc's grades on the QBs are similar I think we move up a pick or 2 to make sure someone doesn't jump us.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

I believe the Jets will end up picking just out of the top 5. Probably somewhere around the 8th pick. I highly doubt Macc will be willing to trade the farm to move up from 8 to 3, 2 or 1. Most likely, the Jets will stand pat. If anything, they may trade down if they don;t think their top guys will be there at 8.  

Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Chubb and Barkley will probably be off the board. 

If the JEts stay pat at 8ish. Keep an eye on Lamar Jackson, yes,  I think Macc will pull the trigger on Jackson despite criticisms that he is too small and not a traditional pocket QB. And Arden Key, the stellar LSU pass rusher. Harold Landry is another possibility. I would also include McGlinchey on that list but he could very well be off the board and Macc has shown he is not willing to take O-linemen early in the draft. Although, if you ask me, that's probably the safest pick at the most desperately needed (other than QB) position.     

We are currently picking 10.  If we get 1 or 2 more meaningless wins that’s about where we end up

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I agree, I don't see Macc trading up that far but he has shown willingness to explore the option. If he deems a QB will be the guy I hope he is not afraid to do whatever it takes to move up and get that player. If Macc's grades on the QBs are similar I think we move up a pick or 2 to make sure someone doesn't jump us.

No one doubts Macc will try but he doesn’t have the smarts or the balls to get it done 

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No one doubts Macc will try but he doesn’t have the smarts or the balls to get it done 

He's shown the willingness to try and move up, unfortunately the Titans took Mariota so that didn't happen. And the year we tried to move up to get Wentz Philly gave up:

To move from 13 to 8: 13th overall, Maxwell and Kiko

Then to move up from 8 to 2: 8th overall, 3rd, 4th, 2017 1st, & 2018 2nd

We had the 20th pick that year so realistically we would have needed to give up far more than Philly. That is an extremely steep price considering how much talent we lacked. This year I think we are in a far better position to make a jump up that high if the opportunity presents itself. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

He's shown the willingness to try and move up, unfortunately the Titans took Mariota so that didn't happen. And the year we tried to move up to Wentz Philly gave up:

We had the 20th pick that year so realistically we would have needed to give up far more than Philly. That is an extremely steep price considering how much talent we lacked. This year I think we are in a far better position to make a jump up that high if the opportunity presents itself. 

I think Hack and a 5th round pick gets us Sam Darnold 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Mac thought an extra mid round pick (or maybe it was a 2nd, either way) was too much too move up for Wentz, supposedly.  Why would he be more willing now? 

hmmm...according to the draft chart the 1st overall is worth 3000 and the the 6th is 1600.  it would've taken a top half first rounder or 2 bottom half first rounders plus the 6th overall to move up.  their better play might've been to trade the net years pick.  i'll bet during this past draft the 2018 picks had much more value than they do today because the other teams saw the jets dumping players.

34 minutes ago, 19andOhWait said:

trade or no trade, have to get this beast 

evc_NCF_20160909_Louisville_vs_Syracuse_

Lamar Jackson is the first QB in NCAA history to rush for 1,000+ yards and throw for 3,000+ yards in back to back seasons.

The kid is pure offense. 

The way I see it is if the Jets are developing a strong young defense, then Lamar seems perfect. Think of the amount of stress he can put on a defense.

Not a QB guru but his footwork is horrible. Throws the ball with his legs together. Still has a plenty of arm strength. I assume you can coach him up but he is going to be fun to watch if he's in green and white.

50 minutes ago, 19andOhWait said:

trade or no trade, have to get this beast 

evc_NCF_20160909_Louisville_vs_Syracuse_

Jackson is not an NFL QB. He is an inaccurate passer and he will get killed running like he does in the NFL. The Jets would be flushing the next few years down the drain if they waste a pick on this guy.  

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

They should have traded up for Mariota, Wentz, or Goff.

I haven't watched this class yet... 

So Jets to let the Eagles get Wentz all because Macc wasn't willing to throw in an extra 3rd round pick Macc is probably the worst negotiator in football, I mean if your that close to getting up to get your hand picked guy at QB how do you hang up the phone without a deal?

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'd bet he is not available at 6 never mind 8, I'm predicting Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson go 1,2,3 in some order, and wouldn't be shocked if Jackson is 1.

If Rosen and Darnold return to school then I'd see an argument for Jackson at 1. It would shock me if he beat out both of those 2 though mainly because Rosen and Darnold are considered safer options than Jackson.

53 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Lamar Jackson is the first QB in NCAA history to rush for 1,000+ yards and throw for 3,000+ yards in back to back seasons.

The kid is pure offense. 

The way I see it is if the Jets are developing a strong young defense, then Lamar seems perfect. Think of the amount of stress he can put on a defense.

Not a QB guru but his footwork is horrible. Throws the ball with his legs together. Still has a plenty of arm strength. I assume you can coach him up but he is going to be fun to watch if he's in green and white.

Often words of doom.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

He's shown the willingness to try and move up, unfortunately the Titans took Mariota so that didn't happen. And the year we tried to move up to get Wentz Philly gave up:

The Jets had a better package for Wentz which included Wilkerson, but the Browns wanted one more 3rd rounder, and apparently that's where Macc drew the line in the sand you know because 3rd round picks are what's driving the NFL these days, and you get Franchise QB's every year unless you trade them away before the draft, oh wait I think I confused that.

Archived