" Leonard Williams Is on a (QB) Hitting Streak " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Far be it from me to restrain people from mocking some random Jets fluff piece, but honestly, 3rd in the league in QB hits is really impressive. High hit total/low sack total also tends to regress to the mean, so hopefully the latter number starts catching up to the former these last six games.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Far be it from me to restrain people from mocking some random Jets fluff piece, but honestly, 3rd in the league in QB hits is really impressive. High hit total/low sack total also tends to regress to the mean, so hopefully the latter number starts catching up to the former these last six games.

If it keeps us from drafting defense  in the first round next year I applaud whatever level of accomplishment this is. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If Mo Wilk had been even playing half sassed Williams would have the stats.  The mode right now is double Williams and let some 7th round jag handle mo wilk.

Exactly! Just get one damn pass rusher in here to take the heat off of Leo the Lion & he'll feast. Could imagine Von Miller, Clowney, Barr, Beasley, Clairborne or Ansah, coming off the edge? Leonard Williams is the last of the Jets problems.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Amazing that folks would mock Leonard Williams and the article.  People don't see how important QB hits are to the defense and the disruption of the offense?

OK........................

But please continue.................

I think most fans understand Leo is a good player and that pressures and QB hits are valuable. Just gotta have fun with his "streak". If we had an edge rusher Leo would thrive IMO.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Amazing that folks would mock Leonard Williams and the article.  People don't see how important QB hits are to the defense and the disruption of the offense?

When he said he wanted a sack every game.. and then put up a grand total of 1 in 10 games... he opens himself up for some criticism. He isn't the world beater as expected. 

19 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

leonard-williams-daughter-leana.jpg?qual

..gotcha !  

:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, pointman said:

When he said he wanted a sack every game.. and then put up a grand total of 1 in 10 games... he opens himself up for some criticism. He isn't the world beater as expected. 

talk to the..

FullSizeRender1-334x350.jpg

... Lion  :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I think most fans understand Leo is a good player and that pressures and QB hits are valuable. Just gotta have fun with his "streak". If we had an edge rusher Leo would thrive IMO.

agreed !.. the..

tumblr_nsxxazhW601s49ieao1_1280.png

... " Big Cat " would ROCK ! !   :cool:

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

23 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If Mo Wilk had been even playing half sassed Williams would have the stats.  The mode right now is double Williams and let some 7th round jag handle mo wilk.

How many years are we going to continue with this narrative before we finally admit he’s not stud. 

A good player, yes, but not a star

If all you had to do is double guys, which when i watch he never is, why are guys like Donald, still dominating 

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

How many years are we going to continue with this narrative before we finally admit he’s not stud. 

A good player, yes, but not a star

If all you had to do is double guys, which when i watch he never is, why are guys like Donald, still dominating 

I do not disagree with this at all.  He is good but not a stud but my previous comment stands it makes it tougher when the guy beside you is not even trying.  I also think he might end up being a Aaron donald like stud if the coach had a brain and moved him around on the line to take advantage of matchups

"Sacks are the most overrated stat in football." - Bill Belicheck

I agree with this. Putting pressure, flushing a quarterback out of pocket, which distrupts offense's designed play is what's most important. Sacks help for yardage lost of course but they're overrated.

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4697154/bill-belichicks-d-line-evaluation

"This highlights a point that Belichick has made in the past about quarterbacks sacks being an overrated stat, because it doesn't account for overthrows forced and pressure on the quarterback."

On November 16, 2017 at 2:43 PM, bla bla bla said:

Sorry, but if your game is dependent on another good DL, you weren't worth the #6 pick.  You can stick guys like Kris Jenkins and J.J. Watt (and at one point Albert Haynesworth) next to anyone and they'll still jump off the screen.  Everything else is just an excuse.

On November 16, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Charlie Brown said:

It means he's a half step too slow.  There are plenty of guys who get almost sacks.  The guy is an above average dlineman, but he's not even close to dominant.

18 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Sorry, but if your game is dependent on another good DL, you weren't worth the #6 pick.  You can stick guys like Kris Jenkins and J.J. Watt (and at one point Albert Haynesworth) next to anyone and they'll still jump off the screen.  Everything else is just an excuse.

Yea I'm sure having Julius Peppers and Calvin Pace in their primes had nothing to do with Jenkins' stats and Haynesworth's best years were when he had Vanden Bosch rushing off the edge.

JJ Watt is a once in a generation player, if we are going to say the only good DEs can do what Watt has done there will never be a good DE again. 

19 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Kris Seferian Jenkins just couldn't stay healthy but could you imagine him in this defense!

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I'm sure having Julius Peppers and Calvin Pace in their primes had nothing to do with Jenkins' stats and Haynesworth's best years were when he had Vanden Bosch rushing off the edge.

JJ Watt is a once in a generation player, if we are going to say the only good DEs can do what Watt has done there will never be a good DE again. 

Stop it with your nonsense.  It's not a coincidence that these dominant DL produce wherever they are and regardless of who they play with.  Jenkins was dominant in Carolina and then in NYJ without Peppers.  And did you really just argue that Calvin Pace (13 seasons, 0 Pro Bowls) made Jenkins better?  I shouldn't even dignify that with a response.  The 2007 defense was swiss cheese, especially against the run.  Kris Jenkins single handedly changed it.  The guy was throwing grown men around like they were children.  And he didn't need Calvin Pace to do it.

John Abraham is another guy who used to jump off the screen, no matter who was playing next to him.  He produced with the Jets.  He produced with the Falcons.  He produced with the Cardinals.  So enough with the excuses.

Archived