Sign in to follow this  
kelly

" Leonard Williams Is on a (QB) Hitting Streak " ~ ~ ~

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I'm sure having Julius Peppers and Calvin Pace in their primes had nothing to do with Jenkins' stats and Haynesworth's best years were when he had Vanden Bosch rushing off the edge.

JJ Watt is a once in a generation player, if we are going to say the only good DEs can do what Watt has done there will never be a good DE again. 

Stop it with your nonsense.  It's not a coincidence that these dominant DL produce wherever they are and regardless of who they play with.  Jenkins was dominant in Carolina and then in NYJ without Peppers.  And did you really just argue that Calvin Pace (13 seasons, 0 Pro Bowls) made Jenkins better?  I shouldn't even dignify that with a response.  The 2007 defense was swiss cheese, especially against the run.  Kris Jenkins single handedly changed it.  The guy was throwing grown men around like they were children.  And he didn't need Calvin Pace to do it.

John Abraham is another guy who used to jump off the screen, no matter who was playing next to him.  He produced with the Jets.  He produced with the Falcons.  He produced with the Cardinals.  So enough with the excuses.

The New York Jets' stock report looks at risers and fallers from their 38-31 win over the Kansas City Chiefs:

FIVE UP

~ ~ DE Leonard Williams -- After a slow start to the season, Williams is back to being himself. The turnaround started a few weeks ago, when the cast was removed from his sprained wrist. Against the Chiefs, he recorded a half-sack and four quarterback hits. Pro Football Focus credited him with nine pressures. It makes such a different when there's an impact player on the defensive line.

rest of above article : 

>     http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/73166/receiving-duo-accomplishes-feat-that-hadnt-been-done-in-50-years

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets DL Leonard Williams has only two sacks, but he's playing his best ball in recent weeks. His "QB hits" total has ballooned to 26. "Just because I️ don't have the sack numbers right now, I️ know I'm being disruptive," he said. "I'm helping out the team as much as possible, getting the quarterback off his spot, hitting him and making him feel uncomfortable while he's in the pocket."

>     http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

3 minutes ago, kelly said:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets DL Leonard Williams has only two sacks, but he's playing his best ball in recent weeks. His "QB hits" total has ballooned to 26. "Just because I️ don't have the sack numbers right now, I️ know I'm being disruptive," he said. "I'm helping out the team as much as possible, getting the quarterback off his spot, hitting him and making him feel uncomfortable while he's in the pocket."

>     http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

I thought you couldn't post any of the articles cuz of your 'puter problems?

Just now, peebag said:

I thought you couldn't post any of the articles cuz of your 'puter problems?

dear peebag, hi !.. just an fyi - for some reason i am able to copy & post from the espn " front " page re the jets. I am NOT able to copy & post any articles from any sites.. including espn.

:( 

On 11/19/2017 at 10:30 AM, MDL_JET said:

I’d trade Williams to move up for a QB. 

agreed !.. if we were certain we could select the QB we want  ;)

cheers ~ ~ 

:xmas: