Mariota four interceptions last night

Philc1

I think the Marriota haters are off base.  He missed one game and most of another.  Boss losses.  So in games that he finishes he’s 6-2.  And that includes the Pitt game.

He went to a team that was annually one of the worst teams in the league, and had it not been for his broken leg last year, would have taken them to the playoffs in year 2.  They are going to the playoffs this year.

Anyone comparing Mariota’s  and McCown doesn’t know anything about NFL QBs.  One is severely limited so you have to cater an offense around him which results in a high completion % which artificially inflates the QB rating.

The other one makes plays with his arm and feet.  Before Thursday’s game, Mariota  was one of the highest rated red zone QBs ever.

I would take him over Winston and at least 22 QBs.  He is easily a top 10 QB now and only going to get better.

Fans of teams that play McCown, Fitz, Geno, and Sanchez at QB should refrain from bashing other teams QBs.

15 hours ago, rangerous said:

there's a difference between a running qb and a mobile qb.  a running qb is like vick who could and would take off at any time.  as you said, the legs start going and they're not so good pocket passers.  then there are mobile qb's who are more like mariota or rogers, and even rothlisberger at times.  these guys can pressure defenses because they use their legs to move around and avoid the pass rush to gain throwing time.  wilson is a mobilie qb.  so is newton.

i don't know a thing about this jackson fellow.  if he can't pass then the jets should pass.

I’ve tried to like Jackson.  But IMO, the offense gives him just about every play call to pad his stats.  He gets the most carries so he leads his team in rushing and passing.  Yes he is a freakish athlete.  And he goes off against teams like Kent St and Murray St.  

What happens when he plays legit schools?  Clemson and NC St handled him pretty good.

would he be fun to watch, sure.  But I don’t see him as a QB that can make annual playoff runs with the pass blocking OL that we have.

13 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I think the Marriota haters are off base.  He missed one game and most of another.  Boss losses.  So in games that he finishes he’s 6-2.  And that includes the Pitt game.

He went to a team that was annually one of the worst teams in the league, and had it not been for his broken leg last year, would have taken them to the playoffs in year 2.  They are going to the playoffs this year.

Anyone comparing Mariota’s  and McCown doesn’t know anything about NFL QBs.  One is severely limited so you have to cater an offense around him which results in a high completion % which artificially inflates the QB rating.

The other one makes plays with his arm and feet.  Before Thursday’s game, Mariota  was one of the highest rated red zone QBs ever.

I would take him over Winston and at least 22 QBs.  He is easily a top 10 QB now and only going to get better.

Fans of teams that play McCown, Fitz, Geno, and Sanchez at QB should refrain from bashing other teams QBs.

true enough about mccown and mariota but the titans have used some pretty high draft picks for mariota's oline so it's not like he's playing behind a bunch of scrubs.  maybe they need a little more experience to live up to their draft positions.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

true enough about mccown and mariota but the titans have used some pretty high draft picks for mariota's oline so it's not like he's playing behind a bunch of scrubs.  maybe they need a little more experience to live up to their draft positions.

He doesn’t exactly have an upper tier WR Corp to throw to yet.  Richard Mathews is their leading WR right now.  Yes they have Decker but 1st rounder Cory Davis is going to need some time to develop.

Plus their offensive philosophy is to run the ball similar to what Rex’s mantra was.

Archived