Bye Week Blues

Maxman

The wife tried to use this weekend to paint a bedroom and a bathroom I declined, its Sunday and theres NFL football on I will watch the Giants probably get annihilated by the Chiefs. Because of the short work week I have to go in on Monday and will probably relax minus the usual beer fest. 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

My basement TV broke. I need to buy a new one but it seems to make sense to wait for black friday sales.

I might be football less for real.

CostCo best deals and latest technology I prefer Samsung the new models are great. I also have a Vizio in my garage and thats got a great picture as well. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

CostCo best deals and latest technology I prefer Samsung the new models are great. I also have a Vizio in my garage and thats got a great picture as well. 

This one was a vizio, it was an old 720p plasma. I have a Vizio in the RV and upstairs in our house. Price wise they are great. I think I will be checking out Costco soon, their prices are good. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Freeze.

(My oil furnace just died, total replacement required.  Meh).

Damn sorry. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

My car just got out of the shop after I got hit by a blow out. RV is in the shop. Everything here is falling apart.  :)

Just now, Paradis said:

There's the Darnold vs Rosen in the #DraftBowl tonight, if that kind of thing floats your boat. 

That will be fun. If only I had a TV. I might have to stream it.

Otherwise I could watch in the living room, but nah I will stream it in the basement on my computer lol.

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I checked Costco today, they had some pretty good prices. $799 for a 4k 65", checked online most places had it for $1000, one place had it for $850.

Freeze.
If you are replacing and your budget allows it, I had to replace 2 oil fired furnaces
a couple of years ago and went with ThermoPride. More expensive initially but my oil bill is half of what is was with the old Carriers the house came with.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I checked Costco today, they had some pretty good prices. $799 for a 4k 65", checked online most places had it for $1000, one place had it for $850.

Costco automatically doubles the mfr warranty on TVs at no extra cost. 

Also the return policy is absurdly liberal.

Brother returned a Vizio after 2 1/2 years after it crapped out  for 100% refund with zero push back.

I really love Amazon for almost anything but the thought of our UPS guy delivering heavy sensitive electronics......and then having to send it back  well ....ugh

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Freeze.

If natural gas is available from your utility company switch now. You will never ever regret it and will be so happy if you made the switch.

I did this 5 years ago and my heating cost is halved, no longer worry about wild price fluctuations from year to year, never worry about running out of oil, frozen oil lines, yearly tune ups, and the unit is very clean so quiet and sootless. So many benefits. Unit is about the size of a large suitcase, makes hot water instantly on demand (never a shortage) No hot water tanks to maintain. Chimney no longer needed it vents out a wall with a PVC pipe.. Plus you can save a lot of electricity by running a gas clothes dryer, stove etc, we also hooked up a BBQ and never deal with refills anymore.

o.jpg

57 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Costco automatically doubles the mfr warranty on TVs at no extra cost. 

Also the return policy is absurdly liberal.

Brother returned a Vizio after 2 1/2 years after it crapped out  for 100% refund with zero push back.

I really love Amazon for almost anything but the thought of our UPS guy delivering heavy sensitive electronics......and then having to send it back  well ....ugh

This.. Even if everyone who touches that tv handles it like a newborn baby the internal system of mechanized belts, chutes, etc is not gentle. Now this is if everyone handles the package well. In reality management is so psychotic they have most employees working under absurd deadlines with a just get it effing done mentality. I smh when  I see a tv for delivery. I personally wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

If natural gas is available from your utility company switch now. You will never ever regret it and will be so happy if you made the switch.

I did this 5 years ago and my heating cost is halved, no longer worry about wild price fluctuations from year to year, never worry about running out of oil, frozen oil lines, yearly tune ups, and the unit is very clean so quiet and sootless. So many benefits. Unit is about the size of a large suitcase, makes hot water instantly on demand (never a shortage) No hot water tanks to maintain. Chimney no longer needed it vents out a wall with a PVC pipe.. Plus you can save a lot of electricity by running a gas clothes dryer, stove etc, we also hooked up a BBQ and never deal with refills anymore.

o.jpg

navien is a nice unit, but that is a boiler. I assume warfish has forced air due to him mentioning a furnace

converting from oil to gas then from forced air to boiler is a big bill, the ROI is probably 20 years

If he does indeed have an oil boiler, than you are 100% correct

If natural gas wants $10,000 to make the connection you can go propane as well

17 minutes ago, Larz said:

navien is a nice unit, but that is a boiler. I assume warfish has forced air due to him mentioning a furnace

converting from oil to gas then from forced air to boiler is a big bill, the ROI is probably 20 years

Image result for 220 221 whatever works gifs

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

This one was a vizio, it was an old 720p plasma. I have a Vizio in the RV and upstairs in our house. Price wise they are great. I think I will be checking out Costco soon, their prices are good. Thanks.

You definitely should.  I just picked up this TV for $999.  Any chance you can help me carry it home?

image.png

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

You are correct.

We replaced an oil fired boiler with the Navien nat gas condensing boiler.

Replacing a warm air furnace with a nat gas boiler would entail a lot of hydronic baseboard being installed.

Much more material / labor / plumbing = ^ cost.

Personally I would still do it.

------------

Years back I owned a home with a forced air furnace and it was a dry, dusty, sneeze fest. Added a humidifier to the system and a few years later a mold problem in the duct work ensued.

One plus I can think of with warm air furnaces is that if the home has central AC the duct work can be used for both heating and cooling.

In our current home when we did the natural gas boiler conversion we also removed all duct work and installed 5 Mitsubishi mini-split AC /Heat pump combo units.

We save energy cooling rooms as needed without cooling unused areas plus the heat pumps (reverse AC) in them work so well we are only using the gas boiler for heat in dec jan feb mar.

12 hours ago, Larz said:

in-law thanksgiving

I'm lucky to enjoy spending time with the in-laws, and they have a no TV during visits policy, its too bad we won't be there x-mas eve ! :-))

It's actually one of the rare times the Lions game looks like an important matchup (and both early games should be good).

7-2 Vikings @ 5-4 Lions

7-2 Rams @ 5-4 Cowboys

But maybe you'll be home in time for kickoff for:

1-8 NYG @ 4-5 Redskins

Archived