Saturday College Gameday Thread - Nov 18

Lith

Not a great slate of games today. 

Rosen - Darnold tonight. 

Baker Mayfield could put up 500 yards and 6 TDs against Kansas this afternoon.  In the first half.

But the only matchup of ranked teams kicks off in a few minutes.  Wisconsin - Michigan.  Unbeaten and ranked 5th -- this will be the first time I watch Wisconsin this season.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lith said:

A lot more likely our next QB comes from the afternoon games: Mayfield, Jackson, Allen, Rudolph all in action this afternoon.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We re going to draft Eric Dungey?

You turkeys! Way to early to be this jaded...

Kidding aside, I really do believe the Jets will consider selling the farm to move up. LA and PHI are showing us weekly how it can be "worth it" 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Kidding aside, I really do believe the Jets will consider selling the farm to move up. LA and PHI are showing us weekly how it can be "worth it" 

That's why it is going to be so fun to enjoy our 4 or 5 meaningless wins this year so that we have to trade a garage full of draft resources to get rosen or darnold and stick them behind this oline with these rbs and this crop of wrs.

Total Malfeasance by mac in not building the oline in years prior to getting a franchise qb that he knew we had to go for but then again he was a part of the Houston crew that wrecked david carr

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Gotta have a trading partner -- if Browns and Giants pick 1 & 2, neither may be willing to trade down no matter what we offer.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

That's why it is going to be so fun to enjoy our 4 or 5 meaningless wins this year so that we have to trade a garage full of draft resources to get rosen or darnold and stick them behind this oline with these rbs and this crop of wrs.

Total Malfeasance by mac in not building the oline in years prior to getting a franchise qb that he knew we had to go for but then again he was a part of the Houston crew that wrecked david carr

Which is why the Giants shouldn’t draft a QB

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

no way around it, he's handled the draft poorly. It's not just about avoiding busts, it's also about building a roster. Our roster has not been well put together over his tenure. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Giants might. 

Hard to know what the Giants might do, since they likely will have a new HC/GM combo.  But I really can't see them passing up on Rosen/Darnold if they are in position to take one of those guys.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which is why the Giants shouldn’t draft a QB

The giants can draft one of the top qbs this year and have resources left to build their line, theirs is as bad or worse than ours but at least they will have resources to fix it.  If we trade up you can forget about our 1st this and next year and our 2 2nds this year.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But as Beerfish said, why would they continue to ignore OL?

Could make the same argument about us. 

I hope you guys are right and they go in another direction.  But if they are in position to draft their next QB, I am not getting my hopes up that they pass on the QB.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Hard to know what the Giants might do, since they likely will have a new HC/GM combo.  But I really can't see them passing up on Rosen/Darnold if they are in position to take one of those guys.

Depends... Depends on whether they really like Rosen (for example) if Darnold is gone. Or if Darnold stays in school and CLE takes Rosen, do the Giants love Mayfield that much that they'd spend the #2 pick on a player who might not see the field for 2 years? You said it yourself, you need to build the roster as well. Their Oline is actually the other team's Dline. Running game is sh*t. No linebackers. etc. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The giants can draft one of the top qbs this year and have resources left to build their line, theirs is as bad or worse than ours but at least they will have resources to fix it.  If we trade up you can forget about our 1st this and next year and our 2 2nds this year.

I don’t really buy that. I don’t think the Giants have extra picks to try and do it.  They need an OL first.

Just now, RESNewYork said:

Every prospect this year looks like a project. Why not take the gamble with a QB with huge upside in Lamar

Why not take the gamble with a QB with huge upside in Lamar Hackenburg

In reality though I'm not a huge Lamar fan I also think he is good enough to gamble on as you say, far better than some others.  I would not be crushed if the jets took him.

Archived