Mark Cannizzaro Thinks McCown Should Start The Remaining Games

TuscanyTile2

On 11/20/2017 at 5:36 PM, Lizard King said:

This team is in playoff contention? Have you seen the upcoming schedule?

The Browns are still in playoff contention, technically.  Has not stopped Bills and Broncos from trying out new QBs

On 11/21/2017 at 10:08 AM, Pcola said:

Finishing 6-10 or 7-9 won’t be “lucky.”  It’s actually the worst case scenario.  The only thing winning 6 or 7 games guarantees is that the 2018 Jets starting QB will be one of McCown, A. Smith, or Bradford.  Thus while our crosstown Giants are building for future SBs, we will doing everything we can to win 9 games and back into the playoffs on a freak year.

Winning.

The Jets will be lucky to win another game, but Bowles will try his best.  

May this point Chris should give Todd and Macc 1 year extensions so long as they play Petty and Hack. It's the Johnson's fault.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Browns are still in playoff contention, technically.  Has not stopped Bills and Broncos from trying out new QBs

The Jets will be lucky to win another game, but Bowles will try his best.  

May this point Chris should give Todd and Macc 1 year extensions so long as they play Petty and Hack. It's the Johnson's fault.  

I said this during the off-season.  Macc and Bowles needed a 1 year extension so that they could play the younger players in an effort to be better in 2018.  

Instead, we peaked in Sept, won too many games to solve any issues and will be rebuilding again next year.

I only hope they don’t go overboard and give out 5 yeR extensions for both this offseason.

24 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I said this during the off-season.  Macc and Bowles needed a 1 year extension so that they could play the younger players in an effort to be better in 2018.  

Instead, we peaked in Sept, won too many games to solve any issues and will be rebuilding again next year.

I only hope they don’t go overboard and give out 5 yeR extensions for both this offseason.

Why not a 10 year extension for both?  We haven’t even made the playoffs yet and 95% of his draft picks suck but who cares we are the Browns East Coast

21 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Barring serious injury you won’t see Petty play this year and Macagnan will sign Colin Kaepernick before he commits career suicide and let’s Hack embarrass him in an actual game

I disagree. We saw Petty play last year in a similar situation  and I think we will see the same

Sunday is a big game for McCown. He's been better than advertised and decent all season long. He's older but few implosions like last season with Fitz. But he did basically lose a game or at least took us out of an OT possibility with a terrible pick. And last game he was ineffective. He's 38 and could be showing his age even though surprisingly not injured all season long. If he's mediocre on Sunday then you have to consider with a 4-7 going to Petty and giving him some starts and maybe even Hack later in December. If McCown comes back to form, has a good game and we win stay with him.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:44 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

He thinks McCown deserves it because he's been "selfless" and "the ultimate team player".  He writes the following (apparently) without realizing that being historically bad was EXACTLY what this franchise needed:

"Without McCown, this Jets team would be exactly what we thought it would be before the season began — possibly historically bad." 

https://nypost.com/2017/11/17/an-unpopular-argument-for-giving-josh-mccown-your-loyalty/

Historically bad is kinda what a lot of fans here were HOPING FOR. Mediocre is something we have seen many times in many different guises and McCown is no different that Rick Mirer, Boomer Esiason and any of the plethora of mediocre QB's the Jets have employed. It is ONLY because of the stubborn head coach Todd Bowles and his reluctance to embrace hope for "best chance to win" which is really stupid because I don't think McCown is that option. I have said before that if the Jets fall to 4-8 and Bowles continues to play McCown that he should be fired IMMEDIATELY after the season is over. I am not saying that Bryce Petty is the answer only that he gives a glimmer of hope that he MIGHT BE. We know McCown IS NOT.

Starting let's say about a week after the previous Superbowl (Pats/Atl), I wonder what percentage of comments on JN are about QBs.  If this stuff is stored in a database (which I'm sure it is) maybe you can check the number of comments since 2/15/2017 and then figure out the number of threads that have "Darnold", "Rosen", "Mahomes", "Watson", "McCown", "Petty", "Hack", and "QB" in them.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:08 AM, Pcola said:

Finishing 6-10 or 7-9 won’t be “lucky.”  It’s actually the worst case scenario.  The only thing winning 6 or 7 games guarantees is that the 2018 Jets starting QB will be one of McCown, A. Smith, or Bradford.  Thus while our crosstown Giants are building for future SBs, we will doing everything we can to win 9 games and back into the playoffs on a freak year.

Winning.

But Jets fans just wants to root for a competitive team. So going 9-7 and getting beat in the wildcard is the goal. Why would we ever want to take a season or two of really bad football with 3-13, 4-12 records if it meant building a team for potential long term success. 

Archived