Riley Ferguson QB from Memphis

Lgm ny jets

I have been studing the QBs for the 2018 draft class, watching film like a lot of you n I have to tell you guys I am very impress with Riley Ferguson from Memphis. Last year I was completly in love with Patrick Mahomes II, n as you all know he killed it in preseason n the word from the chiefs camp is that he doing some pretty incredible stuff during practice n it is really a matter of time before he overtakes Smith. 

Riley Ferguson is 6-4 215 pounds 

Stats 63.2 comp % 3698 PY, 32 Pass TDs

Pass the Eye test?

Has size, arm strenght n mobility in the pocket. Also ability to scramble away from trouble to make a throw into a small window. Ball placement 

What I think defines an NFL starting QB 

-Ability to step up in the pocket n deliver the football into a small window

-Deep Ball placement 

-Ability to manipulate a defense with your eyes in order to deliver the football to your WR

-Ability to scramble away from trouble n make a throw into a small window on the run

-Ability to make checks at the line of scrimage pre snap in order to make the right throw based on defensive coverage

-Lidership qualities/R you a good communicator with your WRs n teamates, do you lead by example by putting in extra work?/ How do you handle pressure or adversity, do you shrink late in the season after starting strong in the beginning of the season?

All of those points I am convince Riley Ferguson covers, by watching his game tapes this year. Also here is a link to an article that proves Ferguson has the ability to make checks at line of scrimage pre snap n also talks about his leaderahip skills:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2016/11/09/memphis-football-qb-riley-ferguson-emerging-team-leader/93550110/

Now I know he plays with a great WR by the name of Anthony Miller, so how do we know if he is really that good? Well, all you have to do is look at the ball placement in his throws. If the ball is coming constantly behind the reciever or if the receiver has to constantly go up n snatch the ball from CB then the QB is probably not as good. But when you talk about Anthony Miller, what is great about him is his route running n his speed. He is not really know for getting above CB to snatch the ball, but he can also do this because he is that good of a WR. But for the most part his game is based on speed n route running. By the way he reminds me of Tyreek Hill n I also want the Jets to get him ? ? ?. 

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I like him a lot of a developmental guy. He has mechanic issues and would probbaly need a couple years. I hope we take a round 1 guy, but if we go the FA route, I wouldn't mind taking Riley in the 3rd if we cut Petty and Hack. 

I don't think he is a developmental QB, I think he has an elongated release, but other than that I think his mechanics r fine. I mean last year n the year before everyone said both Presscot n Mahomes had mechanical issues n where "developmental QBs" I think if a QB is able to throw off his back foot n still able to drop the ball in a bucket to his WR that should be a positive n not a negative. Also if the QB is on the run n throws off back foot n still drops a dime in the WR hands that should also be a positive. If I was drafting I would target him in the 2nd round with one of those two picks we have. I think that Ferguson just like Presscott can come in n start based on the way he takes care of the football n his ability to scramble to make throws, which is a big difference than just scrambling to run. 

I would love to see a draft for the NY Jets to go like this

1st Malik Jefferson ILB

2nd Anthony Miller WR

2nd Riley Ferguson QB

3rd Sony Michel RB 

I think those r all special players 

22 minutes ago, Lgm ny jets said:

I don't think he is a developmental QB, I think he has an elongated release, but other than that I think his mechanics r fine. I mean last year n the year before everyone said both Presscot n Mahomes had mechanical issues n where "developmental QBs" I think if a QB is able to throw off his back foot n still able to drop the ball in a bucket to his WR that should be a positive n not a negative. Also if the QB is on the run n throws off back foot n still drops a dime in the WR hands that should also be a positive. If I was drafting I would target him in the 2nd round with one of those two picks we have. I think that Ferguson just like Presscott can come in n start based on the way he takes care of the football n his ability to scramble to make throws, which is a big difference than just scrambling to run. 

I would love to see a draft for the NY Jets to go like this

1st Malik Jefferson ILB

2nd Anthony Miller WR

2nd Riley Ferguson QB

3rd Sony Michel RB 

I think those r all special players 

I think you've watched Ferguson more than I have. So I'm gonna take your word over mine. I will say that the games I have watched him this year, I found myself impressed each time. He's got good competitive spirit in him, hes a fighter.

You mentioned Mahomes, and...we are gonna regret big time not taking him or Watson last year. I wasnt on the Watson train last year, but I was with Mahomes. I waa hoping we'd be able to trade down with Cleveland and get Mahomes there. But we should have just gotten him at 6. He's gonna be the one that got away.

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think you've watched Ferguson more than I have. So I'm gonna take your word over mine. I will say that the games I have watched him this year, I found myself impressed each time. He's got good competitive spirit in him, hes a fighter.

You mentioned Mahomes, and...we are gonna regret big time not taking him or Watson last year. I wasnt on the Watson train last year, but I was with Mahomes. I waa hoping we'd be able to trade down with Cleveland and get Mahomes there. But we should have just gotten him at 6. He's gonna be the one that got away.

That is one thing I love about Ferguson, he is a fighter, I love his competitive spirit. That alone will push him to get better each day. If we can get him along with Anthony Miller n Sony Michel our offense can go from average to explosive. Michel reminds me a lot to Kareem Hunt but I believe he is faster. I wish people in the Jets scouting would draft with a vision instead of just drafting players to fit their system. Like when you watch Anthony Miller n Sony Michel you can see two special players with speed n playmaking ability that could transfrom our offense into an explosive one. N with a QB like Ferguson with already quemestry with Miller n the ability to scramble away from trouble to make throws it would be the perfect compliment. Then you add a tremendous ILB in Malik Jefferson, which I think is as good as Jarrad Davis last year if not better. Then you talking about having a shut down defense to go along an explosive offense.

Ferguson doesn't have a classic delivery (similar to Philip Rivers) but has good
arm strength, an impressive frame and excellent production.  I believe his
evaluation is going to come down to his interviews and "board work" with the pros.
Because he's coming from the same school/system as Paxton Lynch and even though he
was productive in college, he wasn't (and still isn't) ready for the pro game.
When I heard Lynch with Jon Gruden on his ESPN QB show I wasn't impressed with his
knowledge of the position or of defenses.  Is Ferguson a better student of the game?
If he is, he can certainly rise up boards in the months before the draft    

17 minutes ago, KRL said:

Ferguson doesn't have a classic delivery (similar to Philip Rivers) but has good
arm strength, an impressive frame and excellent production.  I believe his
evaluation is going to come down to his interviews and "board work" with the pros.
Because he's coming from the same school/system as Paxton Lynch and even though he
was productive in college, he wasn't (and still isn't) ready for the pro game.
When I heard Lynch with Jon Gruden on his ESPN QB show I wasn't impressed with his
knowledge of the position or of defenses.  Is Ferguson a better student of the game?
If he is, he can certainly rise up boards in the months before the draft    

Yeah I understand your concern, but I was never sold on Paxton Lynch, It spokes volumes to me the way he dissapear late in the season, then there questions about his maturity level right before the draft. I never saw Lynch manipulate a defense with his eyes to make the right throw into a small window the way Ferguson can. I think Ferguson is what Lynch should have been. My comp for Lynch was Geno Smith 

On 11/19/2017 at 10:39 PM, Warfish said:

Another reachy with the 2nd round QB.

History has not been kind.

Right, last year I wanted Mahomes at 6 n people say I was reaching too. I guess Andy Reid saw what I saw n traded a couple of 1st rounders to get him. Not so reachy after all 

Archived