Sunday Games Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Dak has hovered between low tier average to downright bad without Zeke and that superhuman O Line.

The Cowboys play calling certainly hasn't helped and I'd still take him in a heartbeat, but he needs to step it up.

Dallas is overrated.  Zeke is overrated, the coaching staff and yes even Dak.  The only truly legitimate thing on that team is the incredible OL, but when one link is injured, the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

It does go to show you though just how important OL is in the NFL.  Oakland had an mvp lvl qb last year with a great OL, and this year the OL struggles and now the QB is not looking so hot.  Philly has an MVP qb this year with their great OL play.  

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really thought the Eagles were crazy for giving up so much to get a D2 QB #2 overall.  Wow was I wrong.  Wentz is just incredible.  He's playing like the best QB in the game.  

IMO, the MVP race is down to him, Brees, and Brady, in that order.  No one else comes close.

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And some people had the gall to say that the Bills were in a better spot than the Jets are. Maybe in a vacuum, yes. But my goodness

They have a better record than us despite actively sabotaging their own roster, plus six picks in the first two rounds of the draft.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

IMO, the MVP race is down to him, Brees, and Brady, in that order.  No one else comes close.

Wentz does stuff Brady can't.  He's a freak.  He's like a cross between Rodgers/BigBen.  He really incredible to watch.

That said, the Patriots would be absolutely nothing without Brady.  They lead the league in yards and first downs with very little from the run game.  Middle of the pack D, though they're getting better.

Whereas the Eagles have a top 5 run game and a top 10 D.  

IDK - hard to say both are playing unreal. 

26 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wentz does stuff Brady can't.  He's a freak.  He's like a cross between Rodgers/BigBen.  He really incredible to watch.

That said, the Patriots would be absolutely nothing without Brady.  They lead the league in yards and first downs with very little from the run game.  Middle of the pack D, though they're getting better.

Wentz to me, is everything that Andrew Luck was supposed to be (and might still be, we'll see how he heals up).  The kid is the entire package.

I'd agree with you 110% on Brady if I hadn't seen guys like Cassel or Garoppolo come in and somehow keep the show going. Im not really trying to diminish Brady or his accomplishments/status as the G.O.A.T (it seriously pains me to write that) but the success of the Patriots, in my eyes, flows through BB just a tad more.  I could actually see the Pats pulling out some ridiculous wins with Hoyer if Tom went down because of that hooded jerk-off.  I don't think the Eagles would survive a Wentz injury if he went down in some freak accident tomorrow.  Same situation with Brees, although looking at their numbers, I'd probably put Brady as the runner up, not Drew.  

It's so tough but, gun to my head, I give Wentz the MVP and have Brady as the runner up who, ultimately, wins the AFC Offensive Player Of The Year award.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

We've actually seen that not be the case. Peyton went down, colts won 1 game all year. ARod goes down multiple times, the packers suck in his absence. Brady goes down or is suspended for cheating, the pats machine historically keeps rolling.

The whole "very little from the run game" is by design. They prefer using quick swings to their RBs to get them in space and away from the big guys up front. When they do want to run the ball, they are generally effective as well. It's very much like Reid's eagles offenses with Westbrook in the early '00s. Numbers don't tell the whole story.

Archived