Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Poll: Which name on this list evokes the most negative visceral reaction from you?

Poll: Which name bothers you the most?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Which name bothers you the most?

• Vernon Gholston
    • Kyle Wilson
    • Michael Vick
    • Calvin Pryor
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Joe "Must Go" Walton
    • Vlad Ducasse
    • Leon Hess
    • Dewayne Robertson
    • Mark Sanchez
    • Geno Smith
    • John Idzik
    • Rex Ryan
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Rich Kotite
    • Woody Johnson
    • Jason Taylor
    • Blair Thomas
    • Bruce Coslett
    • Darrelle Revis

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Gholston hurt the most because it was such a high pick and he was so bad

But god, i never hated a jet player the way i hated Kyle Wilson 

I’d have to go with this statement exactly. Gholston didn’t even show up enough to get me frustrated enough on game days. But Wilson...and the celebrating..ugh. 

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Gholston hurt the most because it was such a high pick and he was so bad

But god, i never hated a jet player the way i hated Kyle Wilson 

Me too.  I remember he got burned right away.  Pretty sure his first game was against Baltimore on Monday night.  Also it bugs me that the Jets were rumored to have wanted to draft Devin McCourty, who the Patriots took 2 picks earlier.  Brutal!

This was insanely hard, but I will never forgive, or defend, John Idzik for the 2014 NFL Draft.  Never.  

Bombing on 12 of our 13 draft picks, the lone bright spot being a 6th round WR, is unfathomably bad.

I think for draft picks if you came up with a "Stink Factor," which was how BAD a player was, and how little they played or added, from 1-100 (I think Gholston is probably close to 100), and you multiplied it by the Jimmy Johnson Value of their draft pick, I think Gholston would have the highest score by a country mile. 

Hack at this point may be 100, but his draft pick value is way lower.  

Robertson played a few years-he is not a 100.  Neither is Wilson, nor Geno.

If we can draft someone just like Sanchez in 2018 and make the AFCCG in 2018 and 2019, I am taking him in a minute.  

1 minute ago, varjet said:

I think for draft picks if you came up with a "Stink Factor," which was how BAD a player was, and how little they played or added, from 1-100 (I think Gholston is probably close to 100), and you multiplied it by the Jimmy Johnson Value of their draft pick, I think Gholston would have the highest score by a country mile. 

If we can draft someone just like Sanchez in 2018 and make the AFCCG in 2018 and 2019, I am taking him in a minute.  

You are being way too analytical.  My question was more about a visceral reaction.

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

Gholston gets the edge for me because he was chosen back when Rookies made insane money and was a top ten pick.  That one hurt us really bad.  Hackenberg could throw a single touchdown pass and 10 picks in, idk, 5 starts, and he would have "contributed" more to the team than Gholston ever did.  A top ten pick, making the money he was, who was selected to be our stud pass rusher, never registering a single sack in his career is bad.  

However, being as fair and objective as I can possibly be, Gholston belonged where he was selected if you go by prospect rankings from that class.  Even though the value of a 2nd rounder isn't what it once was, Hackenberg was a big time reach.  On top of all that, the '08 class was really friggin bad so it hurts a little less that we weren't the only ones who missed big time.  

This conversation is depressing.

When you wag your finger at a receiver, having tackled said receiver to the ground during his route, and having never looked back for the ball, luckily avoiding a DPI call only because the ball went 15 yards over the receiver’s head (MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!), you win this unique honor. Congrats Kyle! 

It's a good poll but there was more fighting about Ryan Fitzpatrick than any of these guys and more pure hatred. So he should have been on this list.  I voted for Mark because his terrible moments were not few and far between. But the biggest phony of the lot was Rex Ryan. I should have voted for him. As for Vern he was so invisible it was hard to hate him when you didn't even know he was there. 

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Gholston gets the edge for me because he was chosen back when Rookies made insane money and was a top ten pick.  That one hurt us really bad.  Hackenberg could throw a single touchdown pass and 10 picks in, idk, 5 starts, and he would have "contributed" more to the team than Gholston ever did.  A top ten pick, making the money he was, who was selected to be our stud pass rusher, never registering a single sack in his career is bad.  

However, being as fair and objective as I can possibly be, Gholston belonged where he was selected if you go by prospect rankings from that class.  Even though the value of a 2nd rounder isn't what it once was, Hackenberg was a big time reach.  On top of all that, the '08 class was really friggin bad so it hurts a little less that we weren't the only ones who missed big time.  

This conversation is depressing.

totally agree on gholston.  he did close to nothing during his time as a jet.  i get the ire about hack but at the same time the position is so important that overdrafting in the hope of getting a good qb is not necessarily a bad thing.  if hack does turn out to be a decent qb (maybe not for the jets) then mac really would deserve some credit for the pick.  of course right now it looks pretty bad.  but considering that the jets pretty much missed on their previous 2nd round picks over the past 10 years it shouldn't have come as a surprise.