Poll: Which name on this list evokes the most negative visceral reaction from you?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: Which name bothers you the most?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Which name bothers you the most?

• Vernon Gholston
    • Kyle Wilson
    • Michael Vick
    • Calvin Pryor
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Joe "Must Go" Walton
    • Vlad Ducasse
    • Leon Hess
    • Dewayne Robertson
    • Mark Sanchez
    • Geno Smith
    • John Idzik
    • Rex Ryan
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Rich Kotite
    • Woody Johnson
    • Jason Taylor
    • Blair Thomas
    • Bruce Coslett
    • Darrelle Revis

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

From the available list I voted for Idzik. Figure picking him is like picking him and the 4 of his draft picks on the list all in one vote.

Idzik did more damage to our franchise than just about anyone in our history and did so in less than 2 years.

The Vlad pick was the end of the best OL the Jets have ever put on a field - so that got my vote

hack was the worst QB in the draft and Jets selected him at 51 

Sanchez was frustrating, so close yet so far, just seemed like he gave up/in too soon, butfumble anger turned to meh, much like his career

Kyle finger wagging will always remain a part of Jets lore

ghost was just disappointing - talent was there, fire was not and that was the time of Favre so vern did not get the bad press he deserved - although he does seem to make most top draft bust lists now

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You forgot people who use the term Same Old Jet Fans. Those people should be forced to watch tape of Kotite's season over and over until they plotz.

Very true, the traits of the so called "SOJF" are cultivated over many years and should be appreciated like a fine wine :)

Saint Idzik, the man that got rid of a ton of dead wood, obtained a ton of draft picks and was saddled with a Defense only blow hard as a coach and he is the devil!  No I say, NO!  His sin was his total fail of a draft.  Other than that he did almost everything right.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Saint Idzik, the man that got rid of a ton of dead wood, obtained a ton of draft picks and was saddled with a Defense only blow hard as a coach and he is the devil!  No I say, NO!  His sin was his total fail of a draft.  Other than that he did almost everything right.

What’s amazing is jets fans acting like Bowles and Mac are somehow way better

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Me too.  I remember he got burned right away.  Pretty sure his first game was against Baltimore on Monday night.  Also it bugs me that the Jets were rumored to have wanted to draft Devin McCourty, who the Patriots took 2 picks earlier.  Brutal!

Rex and Tannenbaum celebrated like they got the greatest steal in the world too. To me it is Woody Johnson because it all starts at the top and this guy is totally clueless. He hires a HC before the GM and makes them "equals" who each report directly to him. As long as the Jets operate in this manner they WILL NOT WIN. The GM and HC have to be in lockstep with the same vision and view of how things will be done and they are not.

Write-in:  Chad Pennington

I'm joking... sort of.  A little bit.

The truth is outright crappy players don't really bother me that much, at least once they're gone.  More of just an eye-rolling same ole Jets type moment.  Outside of wasted draft picks / money, there's little to remember them by.  The endless stream of garbage at the most important position is far more frustrating.  So essentially, nearly all Jets' QBs make the list.  It just becomes that much more infuriating when the (rare) strong Jets teams are dragged down by mediocre-at-best QB play.  At least crappy QB play on an overall crappy team is easier to accept.  And awful players at other positions can be worked around or buried down the depth chart.

On visceral reaction I have to go with Idzik but the better answer is Woody. The team had its best decade under him in the 2000s but (1) a lot of that was due to coasting on Parcells' leftover regime and (2) mortgaging away this decade for 2009 and 2010. Woody is the reason high quality coaches and GMs don't want to come here. 

Woody hired Idzik. He owns at least some of the responsibility for Idzik's decisions. Maybe not all the awful draft picks but hiring somebody who clearly had no plan except ripping up contracts. He made no effort to reform the scouting department which was badly needed. He left Rex adrift on year to year contracts. There was no talent acquisition philosophy. Woody might as well have hired nobody at all and just ripped up Tannenbaum's contracts himself. 

Unless Macc is the guy who turns this ship around we'll probably be stuck stringing one inexperienced GM to the next until the Johnsons sell the team.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

can't disagree much with this list.  i think sanchez deserves more love because he did play well in his first two seasons and was doing very well in the preseason before getting injured against the giaints.  after that idzik had his boy geno and we know what that turned into.  you gotta wonder what drove the decision to draft geno in the first place considering sanchez was already in place.  the buttfumble game? sanchez had that one really bad season when holmes decided to revert to the punk he always was.

Word. The Sanchez pick is awful in retrospect, but at the time he was the clear #2 option after Stafford. 

I voted Kotite -- really surprised that I am the only one.  Replaced Pete Carroll with him because Leon Hess wanted to win now.  Pete may not have been the coach he is now, but still 4-28 over Kotite's two years is as bad as it has been for a Jet fan. 

Rich Kotite. Hands down. Anyone around during that time knows he just didn't care. 
Gholston was just bad. Not his fault. 

Idzik was just not competent at drafting, but he did leave the team a ton of cap space so it wasn't like he wasn't trying to build a better future. Meanwhile, Kotite was playing golf...

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Write-in:  Chad Pennington

I'm joking... sort of.  A little bit.

I kind of hated Chad too.  I think it’s a fairly popular sentiment amongst Jet fans, actually.  When he commented how reporters should feel lucky to cover athletes or whatever.  What a joke.  And I particularly “loved” his 2 yard Hail Mary passes because it was literally the only throw he could make. 

I just added Chaddy-cakes to the list (even though I don’t think he’ll get any votes)

45 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

woody

The other guys were just failures at football, either by lack of talent or injury. It hurt them individually way more than any of us

johnson took away an activity that I loved, going to NFL football games. We do not buy J&J products in this household 

He set up the structure that has allowed all the rest of this. He fell in love with Edwards, Ryan and Bowles and their fake tough guy defense nonsense. He managed to chase away Bellichick and Parcells. He fired Mangini after promising not to do so with the Favre mess. Now Mangini is a problematic guy because he was clearly too young and inexperienced to deal with people as adults. May be if given more time, he learns that, we will never know. What ever success Ryan had was off Mangini's players and structure. He stood up to Bellichick at no small cost to his career. And really that kind of firing sends a message to serious people to stay away from this franchise.we don't really know how many quality GMs and coaches won't even take the interview. Johnson has nobody's back. He's a complete squish. All it took to not hire Marrone was for a beat writer or 2 to say nasty stuff about him. In short, until he is gone or dead not sure how things get better. 

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Another excellent call.  We've really had some doozies.  I added Idzik, Geno and Sanchez as options.

If you didn't vote for Kotite, you're wrong.

The Kotite era is why the media still sh*ts all over the Jets and thinks of them as a joke. 4-28 in a two year span. The absolute low point bottom of the Jets existence.

Idzik? Please. Gholston? LOL EVERY TEAM has busts. 

Voting for somebody like Rex (2 AFC CG appearances) or D-Rob is either a sign that you're a prisoner of the moment or in your 20s. 

Heck, you didnt even include Coslett, Walton, or Lou Holtz. LOL

43 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rich Kotite. Hands down. Anyone around during that time knows he just didn't care. 
Gholston was just bad. Not his fault. 

Idzik was just not competent at drafting, but he did leave the team a ton of cap space so it wasn't like he wasn't trying to build a better future. Meanwhile, Kotite was playing golf...

Idzik walked into a billion in cap space and simply refused to spend any of it.  He was a buffoon who destroyed the team and got Rex fired.

The Idzik 12 will forever go down as one of the most bungled drafts by a professional sports team in history.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Idzik walked into a billion in cap space and simply refused to spend any of it.  He was a buffoon who destroyed the team and got Rex fired.

The Idzik 12 will forever go down as one of the most bungled drafts by a professional sports team in history.

Rex Ryan has proven quite adept at getting himself fired. Rex is gonna Rex, and needs no help doing so. 

Archived