With the 12th Pick, the NY Jets Select…

JetNation

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can I get a title change to “content creator” and can me and batesman host a podcast called “Things that are real” where we have people call in and we passive aggressively mock them for doing so? 

In all seriousness, I didn’t mean to disrespect the author of the piece. Just looking to get the conversation going. 

Other than the title and the new media, how is anything different than today?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

If the browns are picking #1 and Darnold does come out they will ask for the King’s Ransom

That means our entire draft, next year’s first and probably the year after that

cool !..

slideshow_636723_Brett_Favre_1181883.jpg

cheers ~ ~ 

:Chrismaz_PDT:

If we are stuck at 12 and can't move up, (I think move up competition is going to be VERT stiff this year and would be happy if I was a team in a trade down position.)  we will still be in position to draft a QB.  Guys like Mayfield and Lamar Jackson will be there in my opinion.

If the Jets don't like the QBs there then draft a guy like McGlinchey at LT.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we are stuck at 12 and can't move up, (I think move up competition is going to be VERT stiff this year and would be happy if I was a team in a trade down position.)  we will still be in position to draft a QB.  Guys like Mayfield and Lamar Jackson will be there in my opinion.

If the Jets don't like the QBs there then draft a guy like McGlinchey at LT.

tumblr_mbg435o2Tr1qcl5zoo1_500.gif

:huh:.. :huh:... :eek:

6 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

There a few teams that won yesterday that are now at 5 wins. I don't think we win another game.

I can see us in the top 6.

agreed !.. so,.. we don't get one of the QB's we need :dohslap:... we take the best OT on the board   :(

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You really have to weigh the value of losing out on a top QB prospect vs the value of Josh McCown teaching Jamal Adams how to win football games.

No, no, no. You have it BACKWARDS! Jamal Adams has taught Josh McCown how to win......

His secret weapon? LEADERSHIP!

29 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

There a few teams that won yesterday that are now at 5 wins. I don't think we win another game.

I can see us in the top 6.

i'm still not sure what that does for us.  even if darnold declares, the jets would need to either 1) trade with cleveland or 2) trade with SF, if they're ahead of the giants.  if the jets can't trade up, then they're stuck again in the 6-10 range, deciding between taking a qb that mccags doesn't have rated as high as his pick, or taking another position and deferring the qb decision again to the later rounds.  i just don't see mccagnan trading multiple picks to get his qb, and i don't see him taking a guy like lamar jackson and developing an offensive system he can thrive in.  that type of creativity is what someone like elway will do. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Oh damn, and here I thought Jamaal Adams was teaching Josh McCown how to win football games considering he has doubled his win total this year from the last 3 years combined.

Leadership, manliness and what not, followed by the best defensive player available on the draft board who is not a shutdown corner nor an edge pass rusher. That stuff wins football games. This high falutin' passing offense stuff is fad. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Can I get a title change to “content creator” and can me and batesman host a podcast called “Things that are real” where we have people call in and we passive aggressively mock them for doing so? 

Yes. You can have both of those things.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think barring miracles, we’re in the top ten at least

Yeah, I don't see how they don't end up in the top 10. The schedule is brutal. They will beat the Chargers I believe and I think a surprise win is possible.

But there are a bunch of games that are just going to be train wrecks, Pats, Saints....I even hate the thought of them going to Denver. That should be one of the easier games but I don't think it will be.

I would like to see McCown get hurt Sunday with Petty stepping in and getting us a win.  Then magically we win 4 more games and have a shot at the playoffs AND a QB we can build with.  At the end of the season Bowles is fired and an offensive minded coach is hired.  Mac then thinks he is safe and is fired in February after ownership looks at  his draft board littered with CB's and DL.

Make it happen Chris.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

I would like to see McCown get hurt Sunday with Petty stepping in and getting us a win.  Then magically we win 4 more games and have a shot at the playoffs AND a QB we can build with.  At the end of the season Bowles is fired and an offensive minded coach is hired.  Mac then thinks he is safe and is fired in February after ownership looks at  his draft board littered with CB's and DL.

Make it happen Chris.

That would be great. BUT there is a 0 percent chance that Bowles is getting fired if this team wins 9 games this season.

I think there is a less than 0 percent chance that Petty could win 4 games the rest of the way against this schedule. I would be happy to root for it though.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

That would be great. BUT there is a 0 percent chance that Bowles is getting fired if this team wins 9 games this season.

I think there is a less than 0 percent chance that Petty could win 4 games the rest of the way against this schedule. I would be happy to root for it though.

I was basing Bowles firing on not playing Petty, but you are right.  Bowles would probably get COTY.

I think that the price of moving up is going to be especially high in this April's draft. Two blue chip QB prospects, and teams are seeing that a trade up such as what Philly did for Wentz was well worth it. Cleveland and San Fran can and will demand a huge package of picks.  

I'd try to sign Cousins and then go offensive BAP with our 1st. 

Archived