Broncos make OC change.

C Mart

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

11/20/17, 10:17 AM

Broncos have promoted their QB coach Bill Musgrave t offensive coordinator, per source. Former OC Mike McCoy has been let go, as @RapSheet reported.

Talk about a rough year: Former Broncos OC and Chargers HC Mike McCoy now has been fired twice in the past 10+ months.

McCoy was a popular name here 10-11 months ago. 

55 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Broncos have promoted their QB coach Bill Musgrave t offensive coordinator, per source. Former OC Mike McCoy has been let go, as @RapSheet reported.

Talk about a rough year: Former Broncos OC and Chargers HC Mike McCoy now has been fired twice in the past 10+ months.

You're so right!!!  I thought McCoy was an offensive genius

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Hmmm wasn't he the guy everyone was saying was waaaayyyy better than Bowles I forget.....

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

OC is the worst occupation in all of coaching.  You always get the blame and often get no credit when things go well.

I'm don't know.  These OCs who get to work with good QBs seem to get head coaching jobs.  Bill O'Brien, Joe Philbin, Adam Gase, etc.  O'Brien coaches Tom Brady and all of a sudden he's a QB whisperer.  Hilarious.

49 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Belicheat could install a monkey as the OC and Brady would still produce.

Bellicheat has one of the best QBs in history, and is likely also the best OC in football, along with best DC and HC. He proves time and time again he can keep winning no mater who is QB, and then they suck elsewhere, though Brisset looks non-horrible.

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

I'm don't know.  These OCs who get to work with good QBs seem to get head coaching jobs.  Bill O'Brien, Joe Philbin, Adam Gase, etc.  O'Brien coaches Tom Brady and all of a sudden he's a QB whisperer.  Hilarious.

I suppose, perhaps I am using my own experience with the Jets and a guy like Schottenheimer.  He was considered the devil incanrate while here and yet we hear people spouting off about the great accomplishments of rex ryan with a loaded defense and mark sanchez for getting us to two afc title games while the oc had to work with a rookie mistake riden sanchez.

It seems guys that get fired half way through the year are often ocs

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I suppose, perhaps I am using my own experience with the Jets and a guy like Schottenheimer.  He was considered the devil incanrate while here and yet we hear people spouting off about the great accomplishments of rex ryan with a loaded defense and mark sanchez for getting us to two afc title games while the oc had to work with a rookie mistake riden sanchez.

It seems guys that get fired half way through the year are often ocs

schitty was a moron. if he was so friggin great he woulda gotten an hc gig somewhere.  right now he's the qb coach for the dolts.  he's going nowhere, fast.  as for mccoy, it doesn't look like he had much to work with.

3 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

True..............unless your name is Darrell Bevell.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

schitty was a moron. if he was so friggin great he woulda gotten an hc gig somewhere.  right now he's the qb coach for the dolts.  he's going nowhere, fast.  as for mccoy, it doesn't look like he had much to work with.

He had Phillip Rivers in SD, and they were horrible. The guy is not an NFL caliber coach.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

He had Phillip Rivers in SD, and they were horrible. The guy is not an NFL caliber coach.

i was referring to denver.  but consider too, lynch was one of those qb's that mac passed on.  how's he looking?  he can't beat out semian or osweiller.

18 hours ago, SMC said:

OC's are only as good as their starting QB (except if your Schitty, then you suck regardless).  McCoy didn't have a chance in Denver with the QBs they chose.

Agree.  Siemian has zero arm strength, Lynch is even worse than Hackenberg and Osweiler is a headcase 

Interesting that they change OC and QB in the same week ... I wonder if it was McCoy's resistance to letting Lynch see the field that got him fired? Can't have gone down well with Elway that his hand picked first round QB was firmly nailed to the bench even when the two guys ahead of him showed very little.

On 11/20/2017 at 2:43 PM, section314 said:

Calling a slant from the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl instead of giving the ball to Lynch tends to do that to people. 

Especially since Arizona essentially lost the Super Bowl with the same play. Roll out Russel Wilson have the TE shadow him mid end zone and they score there 65% of the time and still had another down. Dumbest call in NFL history.

15 hours ago, jamesr said:

Interesting that they change OC and QB in the same week ... I wonder if it was McCoy's resistance to letting Lynch see the field that got him fired? Can't have gone down well with Elway that his hand picked first round QB was firmly nailed to the bench even when the two guys ahead of him showed very little.

You are probably right 

23 hours ago, jamesr said:

Lynch was injured in preseason.  Broncos release a few weeks ago was that they were waiting till Lynch was healthy enough to start and that they hoped Osweiler could manage a couple of games until then.

Lynch legitimately got beat out by Semien last year, probably because he was a rookie coming from a gimmicky offense, but most likely would have been named the starter in September had he been healthy this year.

Im not saying he’s going to be any better than what Denver has already put out there, but you can not compare him to Hackenberg.  One of them is going to get the opportunity to start 6 games and the other will never take an NFL snap.

8 hours ago, Pcola said:

Lynch was injured in preseason.  Broncos release a few weeks ago was that they were waiting till Lynch was healthy enough to start and that they hoped Osweiler could manage a couple of games until then.

Lynch legitimately got beat out by Semien last year, probably because he was a rookie coming from a gimmicky offense, but most likely would have been named the starter in September had he been healthy this year.

Im not saying he’s going to be any better than what Denver has already put out there, but you can not compare him to Hackenberg.  One of them is going to get the opportunity to start 6 games and the other will never take an NFL snap.

Unless he throws 5 INTs in the first half. ;-) 

Archived