Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
C Mart

Broncos make OC change.

Recommended Posts

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

11/20/17, 10:17 AM

Broncos have promoted their QB coach Bill Musgrave t offensive coordinator, per source. Former OC Mike McCoy has been let go, as @RapSheet reported.

Talk about a rough year: Former Broncos OC and Chargers HC Mike McCoy now has been fired twice in the past 10+ months.

 

McCoy was a popular name here 10-11 months ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

11/20/17, 10:17 AM

Broncos have promoted their QB coach Bill Musgrave t offensive coordinator, per source. Former OC Mike McCoy has been let go, as @RapSheet reported.

Talk about a rough year: Former Broncos OC and Chargers HC Mike McCoy now has been fired twice in the past 10+ months.

 

McCoy was a popular name here 10-11 months ago. 

You're so right!!!  I thought McCoy was an offensive genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

11/20/17, 10:17 AM

Broncos have promoted their QB coach Bill Musgrave t offensive coordinator, per source. Former OC Mike McCoy has been let go, as @RapSheet reported.

Talk about a rough year: Former Broncos OC and Chargers HC Mike McCoy now has been fired twice in the past 10+ months.

 

McCoy was a popular name here 10-11 months ago. 

Hmmm wasn't he the guy everyone was saying was waaaayyyy better than Bowles I forget.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OC's are only as good as their starting QB (except if your Schitty, then you suck regardless).  McCoy didn't have a chance in Denver with the QBs they chose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

OC is the worst occupation in all of coaching.  You always get the blame and often get no credit when things go well.

I'm don't know.  These OCs who get to work with good QBs seem to get head coaching jobs.  Bill O'Brien, Joe Philbin, Adam Gase, etc.  O'Brien coaches Tom Brady and all of a sudden he's a QB whisperer.  Hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Belicheat could install a monkey as the OC and Brady would still produce.

Bellicheat has one of the best QBs in history, and is likely also the best OC in football, along with best DC and HC. He proves time and time again he can keep winning no mater who is QB, and then they suck elsewhere, though Brisset looks non-horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

I'm don't know.  These OCs who get to work with good QBs seem to get head coaching jobs.  Bill O'Brien, Joe Philbin, Adam Gase, etc.  O'Brien coaches Tom Brady and all of a sudden he's a QB whisperer.  Hilarious.

I suppose, perhaps I am using my own experience with the Jets and a guy like Schottenheimer.  He was considered the devil incanrate while here and yet we hear people spouting off about the great accomplishments of rex ryan with a loaded defense and mark sanchez for getting us to two afc title games while the oc had to work with a rookie mistake riden sanchez.

It seems guys that get fired half way through the year are often ocs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I suppose, perhaps I am using my own experience with the Jets and a guy like Schottenheimer.  He was considered the devil incanrate while here and yet we hear people spouting off about the great accomplishments of rex ryan with a loaded defense and mark sanchez for getting us to two afc title games while the oc had to work with a rookie mistake riden sanchez.

It seems guys that get fired half way through the year are often ocs

schitty was a moron. if he was so friggin great he woulda gotten an hc gig somewhere.  right now he's the qb coach for the dolts.  he's going nowhere, fast.  as for mccoy, it doesn't look like he had much to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I'm don't know.  These OCs who get to work with good QBs seem to get head coaching jobs.  Bill O'Brien, Joe Philbin, Adam Gase, etc.  O'Brien coaches Tom Brady and all of a sudden he's a QB whisperer.  Hilarious.

True..............unless your name is Darrell Bevell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rangerous said:

schitty was a moron. if he was so friggin great he woulda gotten an hc gig somewhere.  right now he's the qb coach for the dolts.  he's going nowhere, fast.  as for mccoy, it doesn't look like he had much to work with.

He had Phillip Rivers in SD, and they were horrible. The guy is not an NFL caliber coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kleckineau said:

True..............unless your name is Darrell Bevell.

Calling a slant from the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl instead of giving the ball to Lynch tends to do that to people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, section314 said:

He had Phillip Rivers in SD, and they were horrible. The guy is not an NFL caliber coach.

i was referring to denver.  but consider too, lynch was one of those qb's that mac passed on.  how's he looking?  he can't beat out semian or osweiller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rangerous said:

i was referring to denver.  but consider too, lynch was one of those qb's that mac passed on.  how's he looking?  he can't beat out semian or osweiller.

Agreed. Can you imagine if we had picked that guy?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup, it's Mccoy's fault Elway thought the three headed monster of Semien/Osweiller/Lynch was good enough to lead the offense...

 

That is even worse then McCown Petty and Hackenberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

That is even worse then McCown Petty and Hackenberg

It's far worse because the Broncos actually had a good team but no chance to win because of the QB situation. The Jets weren't winning with anyone short of Rodgers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SMC said:

OC's are only as good as their starting QB (except if your Schitty, then you suck regardless).  McCoy didn't have a chance in Denver with the QBs they chose.

Agree.  Siemian has zero arm strength, Lynch is even worse than Hackenberg and Osweiler is a headcase 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's far worse because the Broncos actually had a good team but no chance to win because of the QB situation. The Jets weren't winning with anyone short of Rodgers. 

This team could go 9-7 with brady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that they change OC and QB in the same week ... I wonder if it was McCoy's resistance to letting Lynch see the field that got him fired? Can't have gone down well with Elway that his hand picked first round QB was firmly nailed to the bench even when the two guys ahead of him showed very little.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2017 at 2:43 PM, section314 said:

Calling a slant from the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl instead of giving the ball to Lynch tends to do that to people. 

Especially since Arizona essentially lost the Super Bowl with the same play. Roll out Russel Wilson have the TE shadow him mid end zone and they score there 65% of the time and still had another down. Dumbest call in NFL history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jamesr said:

Interesting that they change OC and QB in the same week ... I wonder if it was McCoy's resistance to letting Lynch see the field that got him fired? Can't have gone down well with Elway that his hand picked first round QB was firmly nailed to the bench even when the two guys ahead of him showed very little.

 

You are probably right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×