Russell Wilson

Jetster

People knocking Wilson have a problem. 

Reliance on stats alone is meaningless; for example McCown’s stats are great right now does anyone think that he is in upper echelon of QBs in the NFL right now?

McCown is playing, by design, not to lose. That is a big big difference from a QB in Wilson who is trying to make plays, by design  to win games. 

And why it is IMO totally assine to compare a young QB trying to learn and grow to say a mature veteran in McCown who is trying to simply, in the main, hold on.   

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Players develop at different rates, there was not a Jet fan alive that thought it was a mistake to not re-sign Goodwin.  He had a good career in NO, good for him.  The league is littered w/ players succeeding in new places after struggling w/ other teams.  Goodwin played 4 years here then didn't start in NO until; his 3rd season there but all you geniuses knew he'd make one pro bowl in his career in NO and now you would have preferred him over an all pro like Mangold.   Only Jet fans:lol:

I do think Mawae was better than Mangold but Mangold was still a top 2 C the majority of his career, are you really complaining about Mangold?

Yes...yes I am because paying a Center that much money is ridiculous. I liked Mangold but no way in hell I pay a Center a 55 million dollar contract. I think he made 14 million at the end? Maybe I'm wrong but Nick was way overpaid. The Jets either over pay slightly above average players who aren't stars, or they overpay non premium positions & players past their prime, Mangold, Harris, Gilchrist, Skrine, and on & on.

QB, pass rusher, top CB, LT. 

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yes...yes I am because paying a Center that much money is ridiculous. I liked Mangold but no way in hell I pay a Center a 55 million dollar contract. I think he made 14 million at the end? Maybe I'm wrong but Nick was way overpaid. The Jets either over pay slightly above average players who aren't stars, or they overpay non premium positions & players past their prime, Mangold, Harris, Gilchrist, Skrine, and on & on.

QB, pass rusher, top CB, LT. 

guys get paid in this league and they earn their paychecks.  Nick Mangold is a borderline HOFer, one of the greatest players in Jets history as was David harris(though he's not a borderline HOFer).  why shouldn't they have been paid?

On 11/21/2017 at 2:21 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

We got rid of Abe because he found a way to be 'injured' in every big game we ever had because he didn't want to risk actual injury before his big payday. Kudos to him for taking care of #1 and family, but I don't want that guy on my favorite team.

That was 1 game and you weren’t his doctor 

On 11/21/2017 at 2:36 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I am not interested in "figuring out a way to keep" players.  A pass rusher is the guy to do that for, but at the start of an administration Abraham isn't necessarily the guy you want as a team leader.  I hated/hate Mangini more than anybody, but that team was in need of a culture change.

Some culture change we went 4-12 just two years later and Mangenius was fired a year after that

On November 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Oh dear!  The board I used to post on would bash Goodwin! 

Abraham had 47 ******* forced fumbles.  47!  He had 4 less sacks than Ellis AS A JET.  That is despite Elllis soldiering on for an extra hundred years with the team.  If you don't think an extra 34 forced fumbles and 60 sacks is worth mildly worse center play you deserve a team full of safeties, inside linebackers and interior linemen. 

Abe is the second ALL TIME in forced fumbles and up there on the all time sack list.  And that's with all of those missed games.

On November 21, 2017 at 2:21 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

We got rid of Abe because he found a way to be 'injured' in every big game we ever had because he didn't want to risk actual injury before his big payday. Kudos to him for taking care of #1 and family, but I don't want that guy on my favorite team.

This is actually not true.  Vilma confirmed that Abraham could not cut or change direction because of his knee.  But somehow, the story got distorted (surprise) and turned into the guy refused to play because he didn't want to risk his future..  

On November 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Oh dear!  The board I used to post on would bash Goodwin! 

Abraham had 47 ******* forced fumbles.  47!  He had 4 less sacks than Ellis AS A JET.  That is despite Elllis soldiering on for an extra hundred years with the team.  If you don't think an extra 34 forced fumbles and 60 sacks is worth mildly worse center play you deserve a team full of safeties, inside linebackers and interior linemen. 

The Jets (and a lot of the fans) are a disgrace.  We've seen three HOF caliber defensive players come through here the last 15 years (Abraham, Jenkins, Revis) and they get no respect and are actually criticized.  Yet, they talk about an above average center and defensive end with some great reverence.

Also, the Jets beat the Steelers if Jenkins is playing. 

16 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

This is actually not true.  Vilma confirmed that Abraham could not cut or change direction because of his knee.  But somehow, the story got distorted (surprise) and turned into the guy refused to play because he didn't want to risk his future..  

Again, these guys who think Mangini trading our best pass rusher in the last 30 years for a Center know his private health information as well as his doctor

On 11/21/2017 at 7:34 AM, Jetster said:

This guy would have turned this franchise upside down. We all know the story that leaked from Florham park that Terry Bradway was pounding the table for this guy. I'd love to know who & why he was overruled. It doesn't change it but it might shine a light on the disfunction of this franchise & I believe the disconnect in the power structure is a huge issue. It's why Rex was allowed to draft John Connor or his sons FREIND from Clemson. With everything I'm reading about the reviews on Hackenberg when he was drafted, it's scaring me that Macc is another one of these guys trying to find a needle in a hay stack. GMs do this all the time, trying to be smarter than the average bear.

Thats how guys like Stephen Hill, with all of what? 11 catches in college gets drafted in the 2nd round. Or Vlad Ducasse in the 2nd & then we find out he can barely understand English, but he played for Umass? Other than Hack, I believe Macc has drafted pretty well but the Hack mistake has had more ramifications because he did make a mistake drafting Hackenberg, we ignored our future QB sitting right there for the picking in Deshaun Watson. It's like doubling down on his mistake so I do understand fans here who want him fired.

In fairness to Rex, he did laugh at the Stephen Hill pick immediately lol

18 minutes ago, jack48 said:

hut he never pays. Ha ha

You could argue he had the greatest career of many players. Probably earned more money than 90 percent of all those drafted in his class, hardly ever took a hit, body in good shape still.

he will leave the game unbruised, probably 4 to 8 million in the bank and having played with Many HOFers of which he will fill pics on his office wall when he retires.

Archived