Patriots to decide Jets fate

Jetsplayer21

I didn’t even know the pats schedule until I saw this article. 

For the win now/playoff hopefuls, we are now patriots fans for the rest of the season ( until we play them last game). Pats play both bills and dolphins twice, and pitt. If they win all those games many things happen for jets. 1 it obviously it knocks bills and fins down, especially if pats get them both twice. Also if pats win those games and beat pitt, they will have the #1 seed already wrapped up heading into their last game vs us. Bellicheat would be an idiot to play Brady and most the starters so that would(should) be an easy win. Of course the jets have to win a little too ha. Crazy, jets fan will be rooting hard for pats rest of way ?https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/11/22/jets-fans-need-to-start-rooting-for-the-patriots/amp/

14 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Good it's better for us, they will steam roller those in their way.

They have no back up QB, they traded both the decent two they have. Plus BB lovessss to rub the Jets nose in it.

If that’s the case I hope Brady gets hurt to expose once again how stupid the great B.B. can be.

24 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

To bad Jets will lose the next 4 games and then beat the Chargers at home and the Patriots backups. Does 6-10 get the playoffs? NO Does 6-10 get a high enough pick to get a franchise QB? NO. I hope Mccaron can play!

the Chargers have as much chance to make the playoffs as the Jets so that game could be a "battle", what this does set up is an easy path for the pats* back to the SB - they will play one challenging game at home, maybe

so root for the tank or the pats* - great

31 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

the Chargers have as much chance to make the playoffs as the Jets so that game could be a "battle", what this does set up is an easy path for the pats* back to the SB - they will play one challenging game at home, maybe

so root for the tank or the pats* - great

I never believed in the Chargers since they lost to the Dolphins. What a terrible team. If the Jets lose out and then face the Patriots backups last game and Bowles stubbornly refuses play Hackenberg there needs to be a bigger protest that fireidzik.com to get Bowles canned and replace with someone willing to tank that game. It already happened once winning that last irrelevant game cost us Odell Beckham JR and will now cost us a franchise QB? **** No!!!

The last I looked, the Jets had about a 4% chance of making the playoffs. It’s not happening. It’s far past the time to accept the fate and start evaluating the young QBs on this roster. Any other plan is foolish and so is anyone who believes the Jets can make the playoffs with the most difficult remaining schedule of any team in football. 

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The last I looked, the Jets had about a 4% chance of making the playoffs. It’s not happening. It’s far past the time to accept the fate and start evaluating the young QBs on this roster. Any other plan is foolish and so is anyone who believes the Jets can make the playoffs with the most difficult remaining schedule of any team in football. 

I think most fans that don't want to make a switch are more about the development of players that will be starting next year as opposed to wanting to make the playoffs. As a fan I'd love to see Hack or Petty but I don't think the staff believes either will be our starting QB next season. Outside of the Panthers, Chiefs, & Saints games I could see us accidentally winning against a Lynch led Broncos team, the Chargers if they are eliminated by week 16, and a resting NE team. That would be infuriating to me because I don't think we'll get much of an evaluation of the team. For that reason I'd like to see Hack the last 4 weeks so we can really bottom out.

after reading the first post and others I still dont understand why I would root for the pats?

oh you mean so they can knock down (push up) the other teams who are ahead of us in the draft?

It cannot possibly be that we are thinking if the pats win out that will somehow make us play better (or more consistently) from watching them win and the other teams in the league will take notice and decide that the best thing for the NFL besides standing for the anthem is an "epic battle" in the last week of the season between the all world pats and those pesky jets with the last playoff spot on the line. 

25 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

While I agree with this post wholeheartedly you just know the Jets will win just enough to put them on the outside looking in at the playoffs and draft position for that elusive franchise QB. It's the Jetsy thing to do unfortunately.

I will never root for the Patsies.

As for draft position, I'm not overly worried about our individual spot - if there's a guy you want that you need to trade up for, you trade up. It might cost us more than we'd like, but seeing player / team / coaching staff development and growth now is much more important to me than whether we give up an extra 3rd next year vs. a 2nd.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I think most fans that don't want to make a switch are more about the development of players that will be starting next year as opposed to wanting to make the playoffs. As a fan I'd love to see Hack or Petty but I don't think the staff believes either will be our starting QB next season. Outside of the Panthers, Chiefs, & Saints games I could see us accidentally winning against a Lynch led Broncos team, the Chargers if they are eliminated by week 16, and a resting NE team. That would be infuriating to me because I don't think we'll get much of an evaluation of the team. For that reason I'd like to see Hack the last 4 weeks so we can really bottom out.

I get it but I’m gonna guess you would love to see Hack or Petty play until you do, then you will realize why it hasn’t happen yet. Josh McCown is a competent backup QB starting on a team without another QB capable of being a starter or a competent back up. Petty could at some point become a good back up QB but let his next team figure that out. Hackenburgh has no place on an NFL roster. 

The season is all but over for the jets. They have too many holes (especially at QB and OL). They are not making the playoffs, and if they did they would get stomped. Since they are done, I will NOT root for those cheating scumbags. Can't stand the thought of them going to another SB.

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Which young players after 10 weeks on offense do we not know anything about? McCown has given the Jets 10 weeks of average QB play to take a look at some of the young players. McCown shouldn’t be here next year, so let’s start building rapport with the young receivers with a young QB and see if anything sticks in 2018. But we’ll basically see Forte and Kerley catching balls until week 15 from McCown because it’s the fate we’ve been determined to have for some time now. 

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Agreed.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I get it but I’m gonna guess you would love to see Hack or Petty play until you do, then you will realize why it hasn’t happen yet. Josh McCown is a competent backup QB starting on a team without another QB capable of being a starter or a competent back up. Petty could at some point become a good back up QB but let his next team figure that out. Hackenburgh has no place on an NFL roster. 

For the record I'm against Hack or Petty starting and completely agree with everything you said

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Which young players after 10 weeks on offense do we not know anything about? McCown has given the Jets 10 weeks of average QB play to take a look at some of the young players. McCown shouldn’t be here next year, so let’s start building rapport with the young receivers with a young QB and see if anything sticks in 2018. But we’ll basically see Forte and Kerley catching balls until week 15 from McCown because it’s the fate we’ve been determined to have for some time now. 

I guess my thinking is that the starters could use as many reps as they can regardless of being 10 weeks in. I don't believe a backup QB is more important than the rest of the starters but that's just me. Unless you are under the impression that either QB could show us enough to ignore FAs and rookie QBs then what is the point? Like you said the young receivers are sitting behind the vets, I'd assume that would mean they get the majority of their reps with Petty and Hack already.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

At this point I'd say 2 years. If we neglect the QB position this year it would be 3 years. If we neglect the QB position this year both Macc and Bowles will be run out of town.

I was counting the year any QB should be given to either get use to the NFL or learn a new play book.

8 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I didn’t even know the pats schedule until I saw this article. 

For the win now/playoff hopefuls, we are now patriots fans for the rest of the season ( until we play them last game). Pats play both bills and dolphins twice, and pitt. If they win all those games many things happen for jets. 1 it obviously it knocks bills and fins down, especially if pats get them both twice. Also if pats win those games and beat pitt, they will have the #1 seed already wrapped up heading into their last game vs us. Bellicheat would be an idiot to play Brady and most the starters so that would(should) be an easy win. Of course the jets have to win a little too ha. Crazy, jets fan will be rooting hard for pats rest of way ?https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/11/22/jets-fans-need-to-start-rooting-for-the-patriots/amp/

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I guess my thinking is that the starters could use as many reps as they can regardless of being 10 weeks in. I don't believe a backup QB is more important than the rest of the starters but that's just me. Unless you are under the impression that either QB could show us enough to ignore FAs and rookie QBs then what is the point? Like you said the young receivers are sitting behind the vets, I'd assume that would mean they get the majority of their reps with Petty and Hack already.

But what's gonna change if we go to Hack?  We already know by now what the offense is. Morton is a pretty good OC and there's potential to work with. The OL is spotty/not very good and needs a few replacements. RBs need to be upgraded. TE's are a solid group for now. We see Anderson can be pretty good and Kearse can be a reliable #2/3. 

Time is now to start Hack and to start playing Hansen and Stewart more. But unfortunately we have our stupid HC with tunnel vision only worried about himself. Just typing that knowing it won't happen and that we might squeak out a couple meaningless wins is incredibly frustrating. 

36 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

But what's gonna change if we go to Hack?  We already know by now what the offense is. Morton is a pretty good OC and there's potential to work with. The OL is spotty/not very good and needs a few replacements. RBs need to be upgraded. TE's are a solid group for now. We see Anderson can be pretty good and Kearse can be a reliable #2/3. 

Time is now to start Hack and to start playing Hansen and Stewart more. But unfortunately we have our stupid HC with tunnel vision only worried about himself. Just typing that knowing it won't happen and that we might squeak out a couple meaningless wins is incredibly frustrating. 

Skipping balls off the ground, over throwing receivers, not calling the right protections, holding the ball too long; these are all things that Hack does that would waste reps for the OL/RB/TE/WR or makes them look worse than they actually are. Those are also things you don't need live action to correct, coaches can see this in practice. 

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I cant think of an instance where he has looked stupid?  Im sure its happened but next to REX, Herm, and now Bubba, he is light years ahead.

Lol really? This is only two of the same colossal bad decisions he made on the top of my head. One you should remember, winning the coin toss vs jets in OT, and elected to defend/kick and we won on 1st OT. Possession lol. The other I remember watching yrs ago, but forgot what yr. 2009, colts vs pats classic game Brady vs Manning. 2:08 to in the 4th, pats had the ball on their “own” 28 yrd like up by 5. It’s 4 and two, obviously you have to punt and flip the field. But B.B. can’t follow what common sense says. He goes for it on 4th down, doesn’t get it. Handing the ball to Peyton on the 28 yrd line and won the game. How do you forget winning the coin toss in OT and giving us the ball on 1st possession to win the game ha. So many others like this. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-win-overtime-coin-toss-choose-to-kick-to-jets-promptly-lose/amp/

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

What starters are losing reps because of a switch at QB? Just McCown. 

Archived