Patriots to decide Jets fate

Jetsplayer21

9 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I cant think of an instance where he has looked stupid?  Im sure its happened but next to REX, Herm, and now Bubba, he is light years ahead.

Two years ago when we beat them at home in OT . He won the toss and elected to kick to us to start OT , we took the ball and scored game over.

57 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What starters are losing reps because of a switch at QB? Just McCown. 

Not losing reps; losing competent reps. I don't think Hack sailing balls into coverage or not adjusting protections correctly is not helping the rest of the team. Now maybe you feel like none of those players can get any better from having that practice, I think there is room to grow for our entire team. I just don't see the benefit of playing a back-up QB who is under contract next year.

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Not losing reps; losing competent reps. I don't think Hack sailing balls into coverage or not adjusting protections correctly is not helping the rest of the team. Now maybe you feel like none of those players can get any better from having that practice, I think there is room to grow for our entire team. I just don't see the benefit of playing a back-up QB who is under contract next year.

What’s the benefit of playing a QB who is not much better and is not part of the future plans?

If you had two kids aged 2 and 6, would you let your six year old continue to play with toys for the two year old, stunting the playtime of your two year old, or would you make sure the kid who needs the development time with toys for their age group? I mean the six year old is welcome to help the two year old figure it out, but mostly he should look to toys for his own age. Like the CFL. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What’s the benefit of playing a QB who is not much better and is not part of the future plans?

If you had two kids aged 2 and 6, would you let your six year old continue to play with toys for the two year old, stunting the playtime of your two year old, or would you make sure the kid who needs the development time with toys for their age group? I mean the six year old is welcome to help the two year old figure it out, but mostly he should look to toys for his own age. Like the CFL. 

Not really the same thing, I understand playing the younger guy at positions that do not impact others much. The QB is the most important position on the field. Yes McCown is not the QB of the future but his ability to competently run the offense allows for the OL to pick up on the proper blocking. Probably why our OL looked so much worse under Hack and Petty than it did with McCown. McCown getting the ball out on time for the receivers breaks. Audibling to the hot receiver and the receiver picking up on it. The QB controls all of those other positions directly. Those are also all things a coach can see in practice. That is why I don't believe they think Hack can run the offense. Both are under contract for next year so why waste good reps for the rest of the team?

As a fan it is incredibly boring to watch McCown but I understand why it makes sense from a grading perspective for the rest of the team.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Not really the same thing, I understand playing the younger guy at positions that do not impact others much. The QB is the most important position on the field. Yes McCown is not the QB of the future but his ability to competently run the offense allows for the OL to pick up on the proper blocking. Probably why our OL looked so much worse under Hack and Petty than it did with McCown. McCown getting the ball out on time for the receivers breaks. Audibling to the hot receiver and the receiver picking up on it. The QB controls all of those other positions directly. Those are also all things a coach can see in practice. That is why I don't believe they think Hack can run the offense. Both are under contract for next year so why waste good reps for the rest of the team?

As a fan it is incredibly boring to watch McCown but I understand why it makes sense from a grading perspective for the rest of the team.

You make some valid points but you’re nothing in this league without a QB. The offensive line is pretty bad no matter who is at the helm. Robbie Anderson is wasted most of the time with the pathetic pea gun shooter of McCown. For as many reasons as you’ve listed about continuity and such, sticking with McCown is telling the rest of the team that there is been an accepted level of mediocrity and that young players have no chance to ascend when average to below average playing veterans with higher contracts are ahead of them. 

13 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The last I looked, the Jets had about a 4% chance of making the playoffs. It’s not happening. It’s far past the time to accept the fate and start evaluating the young QBs on this roster. Any other plan is foolish and so is anyone who believes the Jets can make the playoffs with the most difficult remaining schedule of any team in football. 

Bowles won’t play Petty or Hack- who are you kidding.  He will continue to throw McCown out there to the seasons last breath.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You make some valid points but you’re nothing in this league without a QB. The offensive line is pretty bad no matter who is at the helm. Robbie Anderson is wasted most of the time with the pathetic pea gun shooter of McCown. For as many reasons as you’ve listed about continuity and such, sticking with McCown is telling the rest of the team that there is been an accepted level of mediocrity and that young players have no chance to ascend when average to below average playing veterans with higher contracts are ahead of them. 

I honestly believe McCown is our best QB, that's unfortunate but I believe that is why Hack and Petty don't see the field. Anderson is in his 2nd year, I'm gonna assume that he has plenty of useful years ahead of him. What players are currently held back by mediocrity infront or them? McGuire? I'm not sure he was drafted as a bell cow type back. I do agree our OL in below average but I also think that a center will solve a nice portion of our run game. I also agree that you are nothing without a QB which I do believe we will have multiple options after this season.

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So the last 3 years wasn't? 

No haven’t you been reading the amazing insight by Vacchiano, Mehta and Cimini?  Not only does Mac get unlimited mulligans for whiffing on umpteen draft picks and giving bums $100 million contracts he should be extended!

On 11/23/2017 at 7:57 AM, rangerous said:

in no case will i ever root for the patsies to win.  if they sweep the bills and the doltsfins it will certainly help the jets playoff aspirations but both the bills and doltfins are bad teams and it's doubtful if they will make the playoffs regardless.

You make it sound like only good teams make the playoffs lol. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a 7-9 loser get the 6 spot in afc. Definitely a 9 winner is getting in. Either bills, doltfins , or jets are likely making it. If the pats don’t take care of them both they will definitely be fighting for the 1 or 2 seed heading into our final  game. 

Archived