Sign in to follow this  
kelly

..Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye & ArDarius Stewart ~ ~ ~

Very interesting wording about Adams from Nawrocki.

He said “I struggle with where he’s going to be drafted”. 

So he knows that he is goig be drafted high but doesn’t really say “Don’t draft him high”. Fascinating 

Adams’ inability to generate turnovers will hold him back from being an all pro type of player. It’s still hard to believe the Jets took a guy that high that never made big plays in college. He doesn’t make up for the lack of turnovers with coverage skills either, which at least Revis was able to do.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams’ inability to generate turnovers will hold him back from being an all pro type of player. It’s still hard to believe the Jets took a guy that high that never made big plays in college. He doesn’t make up for the lack of turnovers with coverage skills either, which at least Revis was able to do.

But I go back to that wording. It was projected and basically accepted that he was going top ten. I can’t accept that every draftnik is a moron because of the odds  so there had to have been something there which propelled him into top ten status

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Very interesting wording about Adams from Nawrocki.

He said “I struggle with where he’s going to be drafted”. 

So he knows that he is goig be drafted high but doesn’t really say “Don’t draft him high”. Fascinating 

This is Nawrocki’s quote from that article: 

Jamal Adams, S, 1st Round (No. 6)

Nolan Nawrocki NFL Draft 2017 Preview: "Adams is an awesome football player, and I love the player. Saying that, I still struggle with how highly he is going to get drafted. Where we are picking (top 16), I don't know if I could draft a box safety with 4.6 speed. The last time it happened with Mark Barron, he got converted to a linebacker. It's a passing league now. You have to be able to match up and cover. I don't see him being able to cover Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski." - scout

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nolan Nawrocki NFL Draft 2017 Preview: "Adams is an awesome football player, and I love the player. Saying that, I still struggle with how highly he is going to get drafted. Where we are picking (top 16), I don't know if I could draft a box safety with 4.6 speed. The last time it happened with Mark Barron, he got converted to a linebacker. It's a passing league now. You have to be able to match up and cover. I don't see him being able to cover Jimmy Graham or Rob Gronkowski." - scout

Adams has made more plays at LB than at safety this year.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

“Running back Eli McGuire rotates in-and-out with Bilal Powell and Matt Forte.”

He does?

It's amazing watching other NFL teams who have running backs go down and they have multiple young guys with some upside backing them up. Have the Jets ever had this?

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's amazing watching other NFL teams who have running backs go down and they have multiple young guys with some upside backing them up. Have the Jets ever had this?

Johnny Hector (and Roger Vick) backing up Freeman McNeil? 

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams has made more plays at LB than at safety this year.

He is suited to be what we drafted Lee for.  the small semi coverage linebacker.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly my point. He expected him to go high.

There has to be something there that got most draftniks in the top ten. It can’t just be answered with a blanketed statement like “All draftniks are idiots”. Because the odds of every single draftnik being a certified idiot is unthinkable

Nawrocki on Cam:

“Newton has a track record as a non-dependable, non-trustworthy, fake rah rah leader at a very key leadership position, he could really struggle to win a locker room. He projects as a top 15 pick in this year’s draft, but he is still very much a project. In five years, don’t be surprised if he is looking for another job.”

and Russell Wilson:

"Jittery, undersized, athletic, dual-threat quarterback with terrific intangibles, work habits and leadership traits. Has excellent arm strength and can zip it into tight spots, but will have difficulty finding throwing windows at the NFL level. Makes plays with his feet more than he does with his arm, and accuracy and decision making need considerable improvement. Very clearly values baseball and must prove he is committed to football. Might be forced to make the conversion to receiver."

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Nawrocki: Adams is an extremely limited safety whose style of play doesn’t fit today’s game, and whom reminds me of former draft bust Mark Barron.

WhoFans: Man, Nawrocki retroactively vindicated Macc! 

Never said that. What I mean is that If he was classified  as a box safety with 4.6 speed why was he picked to go so high in the draft. It seems to be a reverse Mike Matula or whatever his name was

Just now, dbatesman said:

lol

It would be like me saying “Every fan speaking here is a sniveling worthless troll who love nothing more than to be miserable and whack off to misery”

Not all people are here

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

It would be like me saying “Every fan speaking here is a sniveling worthless troll who love nothing more than to be miserable and whack off to misery”

Not all people are here

I dunno, that sounds pretty accurate too.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not all people are here

Some people simply cannot fire out that being critical and skeptical of a team  that has totally proven my long term past performance they have no fing clue how to run their team does not = being a miserable troll.

The happy happy everything is great group are worse fans by a lot because they support abject failure and promote mediocre if not worst performance.  they seem to think the NFL is bantam football where every one gets  trophy and you are great for just showing up.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The happy happy everything is great group are worse fans by a lot because they support abject failure and promote mediocre if not worst performance.  they seem to think the NFL is bantam football where every one gets  trophy and you are great for just showing up.

Fair enough. I put myself somewhere in the middle. I do think Macc has done an average job here. That being said, he need to find a QB and if he doesn’t after 4 years, get rid of him.

I’m also of the belief that luck plays a huge part in winning and that is something you can’t control

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Exactly my point. He expected him to go high.

There has to be something there that got most draftniks in the top ten. It can’t just be answered with a blanketed statement like “All draftniks are idiots”. Because the odds of every single draftnik being a certified idiot is unthinkable

Nawrocki said he wouldn’t draft him in the top 16 picks.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not that it matters, but go back and read it again. Nawrocki was quoting a scout who said that.  You usually don't quote yourself when you write something.-_-

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He said HE wouldn’t. But he said that he was going to be drafted there. In other words, he didn’t understand why that box safety was ranked so high. That’s the question

5 hours ago, shevys said:

Johnny Hector (and Roger Vick) backing up Freeman McNeil? 

Johnny Hector was a hell of a football player, equally as dangerous as Freeman was.

17 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Macc has the reputation of making “ safe picks” . So why was Jamal Adams considered a safe pick? That’s the question I have

It *was* a safe pick, in that his floor was high - it's extremely likely he'll be a starter for many years.  No one is saying he's a bust.  No one is saying he shouldn't start.

The issue most people have is that it's extremely unlikely for him to be a real difference maker - and that was somewhat easy to predict even before the draft.

Despite all of the announcers gushing over him (which I don't get), my feeling is that his impact on the defense is somewhere around the level of Demario Davis's.  Probably less than Davis.  Sure, Adams is a rookie, but even with growth, I think people have a hard time imagining someone playing his position (whatever it is) can be a consistent game changer.

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Spend some time on other NFL message boards and you will quickly find out those fans also complain about the exact same things.  

Overall, the secondary play has improved since last season and that was not going to be easy, starting so many rookies.   Im not making definitive statements about any player 10 games into a career.  As an example, Revis got burned at different points of his rookie campaign.  Let's hope they get even better next season