Chiefs sign Revis

C Mart

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOOD LUCK DARRELLE REVIS ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE NY JETS

Kansas City Chiefs sign veteran CB Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis is back.

The one-time star defensive back, who had a rocky end to his Hall of Fame worthy career with the New York Jets, has been signed by the Kansas City Chiefs, the team announced Wednesday.

"Darrelle is a proven player in this league and we are excited to add him to our secondary," ChiefsGeneral Manager Brett Veach said in a statement. "He's had a Hall of Fame career and his leadership and playing experience will be valuable to our defense."

"We're excited to add Darrelle to the roster," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "He has experience and familiarity with Bob Sutton's defense, he's a team guy and we feel like a player of his caliber can help our football team."

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

You know the instincts are there. And the superior knowledge he has on how to play the position. Is the desire there. It wasn't last season. He started going downhill after the injury just before his trade to the Bucs. He's had plenty of time to rest. He's either going to have a comeback or he's done. It'll show on the field. Of course he knows Bob Sutton well. And he'll like playing for Andy who's a players coach. 

17 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Piece of human sh*t. Everyone knows he only played MAYBE 80 minutes of decent foozeball. On top of that he wasn’t even a good cheap quiet boy for the privilege. This time I’m hoping he is paying them, preferably out of the money he’s stolen this decade. 

I’ll forever be distraught whenever I think about all the dignity and prestige that Darrelle Revis and Bill Parcells combined to pilfer from our once great franchise. Like horse-thieves, those two. Villains.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll forever be distraught whenever I think about all the dignity and prestige that Darrelle Revis and Bill Parcells combined to pilfer from our once great franchise. Like horse-thieves, those two. Villains.

The list of sh*t bags that have played here and coached here is much greater than Parcells and Revis. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Parcells? 

Bet the Chiefs did this to create drama for Jets Chiefs. Wouldn’t put anything past the NFL

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Parcells? 

Bet the Chiefs did this to create drama for Jets Chiefs. Wouldn’t put anything past the NFL

Agreed. They’ll probably flex the game to Monday Night now. Have giant animatronic robots that look like Lamar Hunt and Sonny Werblin fistfighting at midfield at some point. Roll Christian Okoye out there and have Kyle Clifton hack him to death with a machete. It’ll be a huge ratings win.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed. They’ll probably flex the game to Monday Night now. Have giant animatronic robots that look like Lamar Hunt and Sonny Werblin fistfighting at midfield at some point. Roll Christian Okoye out there and have Kyle Clifton hack him to death with a machete. It’ll be a huge ratings win.

I ALWAYS UPVOTE CHRISTIAN OKOYE

5d186481569fe4b49865cfd370fdd545.jpg

Thanks to the Chiefs for saving the Jets a few bucks.

Although, not even slightly surprising, the deal is exactly what I said Revis would do the entire time: 2-year deal, vet minimum in the first year.  Intentionally designed to bleed as much of the money from the Jets this year as possible, despite that he didn't earn a single penny of it.  Oh well, savings is still savings.

33 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

What’s the #?? Don’t we get some of that offset back?

He signed a 2 year deal with NO GUARANTEED $ in 2018 for the Veteran minimum of an 11 year veteran which is $1M.

Since he is a 4+ year veteran, I believe his Cap hit for the Chiefs due to the CBA qualifiers is for only $615,000 (special exception for older vets to latch onto teams at a lower cap hit than what they are paid) - which is what the offset would be against the $6M Revis has received for sitting on the couch most of the 2017 season from the Jets. 

Archived