Chiefs sign Revis

C Mart

Revise Island. How soon we forget. He was great and a legitimate HOFer. but his best years are behind him. What sticks in most Jet fans head, including mine is his terrible performance and effort last year. Should still be interesting to see him return to NY in 2 weeks and see what he does if he plays. What kind of welcome will he get? 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has the added incentive of being on a team playing the Jets. I expect he has resentment over the fact that he believed that the Jets should not have cut him but instead, as he put it towards the end of the season last year, "do the right thing", let him play out the final year of his contract (despite playing like doo doo).

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When your RV was broken down, it reminded me of Revis

The RV is back on the road, apparently so is Darrelle.

Only took a week to fix the RV. Revis needed like a whole year though, just saying.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Yes that way he actually has a reason to stand around and collect a paycheck for nothing like last year.  If there were any justice he would be in jail for assault.

Whatever dude.....wishing injury to any professional athlete is just wrong man.....Did you witness the altercation are you sure it wasn't self-defense?  The legal system felt it was. 

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

If not for the holdouts, malingering,loafing and playing for the pats, I would like him.  He is however a colossal douche.

Ok fair enough, he got a Super Bowl ring something he would have never gotten here, he got paid the NFL is a business, our GM allowed him to holdout, our HC allowed him to loaf. 

Revis is still one of the best NY jets player in history. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Whatever dude.....wishing injury to any professional athlete is just wrong man.....Did you witness the altercation are you sure it wasn't self-defense?  The legal system felt it was. 

Wait, weren’t you wishing injury on Fitz every week last year?? Lol

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The list is long of players who screwed us Ryan Fitzpatrick is at the top of my list. 

Absolutely.....   but the special carve out for Revis is short sighted in my view. he had 2 good years for us and we act like he is Namath.   Its a business ...  so I treat him like an employee who left, came back and we have so little to show for it. FUKK HIM. 

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In his first five seasons in the NFL, while tracking the opposing team’s #1 WR on every play in every game, Revis gave up eight TD’s to those receivers in those five seasons. Jamal Adams has already given up five TDs and will easily blow past eight TDs allowed before this season is over. 

But, ok. 

Stats aside, Revis was sort of average his rookie year. Hard to say if it was on him as Mangini played a lot of zone that year iirc.

12 hours ago, RSJ said:

Stats aside, Revis was sort of average his rookie year. Hard to say if it was on him as Mangini played a lot of zone that year iirc.

Revis was just a rookie but yes Mangini was a very conservative defensive play caller  who made Rex look like a genius in 2009

nothing like going in the preven to try to contain Matt Cassell

19 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Absolutely.....   but the special carve out for Revis is short sighted in my view. he had 2 good years for us and we act like he is Namath.   Its a business ...  so I treat him like an employee who left, came back and we have so little to show for it. FUKK HIM. 

Don't sell the guy short.  He was good in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (until he got hurt), and 2015.  His willingness to hit guys also took a couple years off his career.  

On November 23, 2017 at 7:49 AM, Matt39 said:

Quite literally the most overrated player of all time. One great season and a great marketing campaign. No big plays, no interceptions, no touchdowns, hurt all the time, and a lot of contract headaches.

Absolute drivel.  The guy was fantastic.  He was voted the top defensive player in the league by his peers in 2011.  When the guys playing against you say you're the best defensive player in the league, you probably are.  Belichick also ponied up the cash to sign him and he doesn't do that for anyone.  

And don't give me this "big play" bullsh*t.  He was a CB playing in a man-to-man system.  His job was to stop the other team from scoring TDs, which he did.  Teams changed their game plans because of him.  Peyton Manning didn't ******* throw the ball to Reggie Wayne in that 2011 playoff game because of Revis and the Colts offense did jack sh*t.  

33 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Absolute drivel.  The guy was fantastic.  He was voted the top defensive player in the league by his peers in 2011.  When the guys playing against you say you're the best defensive player in the league, you probably are.  Belichick also ponied up the cash to sign him and he doesn't do that for anyone.  

And don't give me this "big play" bullsh*t.  He was a CB playing in a man-to-man system.  His job was to stop the other team from scoring TDs, which he did.  Teams changed their game plans because of him.  Peyton Manning didn't ******* throw the ball to Reggie Wayne in that 2011 playoff game because of Revis and the Colts offense did jack sh*t.  

He was never voted defensive player of the year. He probably should have won in 09, but I️t was kind of a lifetime achievement for Woodson. Woodson also played forever and generated turnovers something Revis never did.

And to say there isn’t a cat and mouse game with playing CB is silly. Revis excelled at doing one thing for an extremely short amount of time. The HOF guys all generated turnovers. Football is a game of possessions- sacking the QB and turning over the ball are by far the most valuable things you can do. He did neither.

Woody getting bent over by a guy who never made big plays are why the Jets continue to be a laughing stock. Belichick got Revis for a year and then laughed at his contract demands. They’ve done fine since he’s left. 

On 11/22/2017 at 10:44 PM, tfine said:

Jamal Adams will make us all forget about Revis in a year or two. Mark my word he will be our Ray Lewis. What Revis should’ve been. Revis was a hired gun. A mercenary. Adams is all team and heart. Not some overpaid “slouch”

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhahahahahaha

Archived