Chiefs sign Revis

C Mart

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woody getting bent over by a guy who never made big plays are why the Jets continue to be a laughing stock. Belichick got Revis for a year and then laughed at his contract demands. They’ve done fine since he’s left. 

Woody bends fans over every year with PSL's,parking fees, pre-season games and thats ok. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He was never voted defensive player of the year. He probably should have won in 09, but I️t was kind of a lifetime achievement for Woodson. Woodson also played forever and generated turnovers something Revis never did.

And to say there isn’t a cat and mouse game with playing CB is silly. Revis excelled at doing one thing for an extremely short amount of time. The HOF guys all generated turnovers. Football is a game of possessions- sacking the QB and turning over the ball are by far the most valuable things you can do. He did neither.

Woody getting bent over by a guy who never made big plays are why the Jets continue to be a laughing stock. Belichick got Revis for a year and then laughed at his contract demands. They’ve done fine since he’s left. 

He was VOTED the top defensive player in the 2012 NFL Top 100 (which was based off of the 2011 season).  That's voted on by the PLAYERS.  That's the highest honor you can get.  Who cares what a bunch of schmuck writers think?

And he was paid by MULTIPLE teams, including two that have won SBs in recently.  Players' and Belicheat's opinions > Matt39

And to say that he only had one great year is also a bunch of crap.  He was an absolute stud from 2009-2013 (and again, he was voted the NFL's top defensive player by his fellow players based on his 2011 season).  

36 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

He was VOTED the top defensive player in the 2012 NFL Top 100 (which was based off of the 2011 season).  That's voted on by the PLAYERS.  That's the highest honor you can get.  Who cares what a bunch of schmuck writers think?

And he was paid by MULTIPLE teams, including two that have won SBs in recently.  Players' and Belicheat's opinions > Matt39

And to say that he only had one great year is also a bunch of crap.  He was an absolute stud from 2009-2013 (and again, he was voted the NFL's top defensive player by his fellow players based on his 2011 season).  

Ok he won an award on there NFL network. Hats off.

He got hurt in 2012 and was a ghost in Tampa in 13.

40 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Yes but how many TDs did he score or wins did he will? 

3 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

True statement:

He had some awesome years for us before the trade to tampa

unfortunately equally true:

his performance last year was pitiful 

8 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Heads up - Revis never took a dime out of your pocket either. 

Has no bearing on my right and desire to voice my displeasure at him as an athlete and person.

I dislike him as a NY JET and in my view is NOT one of the greatest 5 Jets.  Ive heard all the arguments.

In MY MIND, before anyone give me his stats for the 19th time.  In MY MIND he is a POS mercenary.

17 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Ok he won an award on there NFL network. Hats off.

He got hurt in 2012 and was a ghost in Tampa in 13.

It's not an NFL Network award.  He was voted top defensive player in a players only poll.

And he was the best CB in the league in 2013 despite coming off of a major knee injury.  The dude was the goods.

10 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Has no bearing on my right and desire to voice my displeasure at him as an athlete and person.

I dislike him as a NY JET and in my view is NOT one of the greatest 5 Jets.  Ive heard all the arguments.

In MY MIND, before anyone give me his stats for the 19th time.  In MY MIND he is a POS mercenary.

I agree. Not one of the 5 best and probably the Jets player that I hate the most. Outside of two years I hate everything else about him.

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Chiefs’ CB Darrelle Revis will not play Sunday vs. Bills, per source. Just not enough time to get ready. Revis expected to make Chiefs’ debut next Sunday, fittingly, at the Jets.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say Woody won’t be retiring his jersey anytime soon.

58 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Chiefs’ CB Darrelle Revis will not play Sunday vs. Bills, per source. Just not enough time to get ready. Revis expected to make Chiefs’ debut next Sunday, fittingly, at the Jets.

I see Robbie Anderson running by Revis like he was standing still only for McCown to throw it short right to Revis.   Then we get to  hear how Revis still has it and Woody justifies this entire shitty season because we let him get away. 

23 hours ago, gEYno said:

My only regret is we didn't allocate significantly more cap space to him.

Nope. Though you pretend to be against allocating to high of a percentage of the team's resources to one player, in reality you are a shill working for Woody Johnson's accounting firm. Besides, spending that same money on other players actually saves Woody Johnson a lot of money somehow, and let's be honest: that's clearly really what you've always been rooting for.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I see Robbie Anderson running by Revis like he was standing still only for McCown to throw it short right to Revis.   Then we get to  hear how Revis still has it and Woody justifies this entire sh*tty season because we let him get away. 

I envision a similar scenario the only differences are the receiver is Brandon Shell blowing by a stumbling Revis on a tackle eligible play and as Shell crosses the goal line as a gift to Jets fans Revis reprises his clutching his his "blown" hamstring move.

Archived