Coach Mike Leach

TuscanyTile2

9 hours ago, Jolot said:

Absolutely hysterical and absolutely dead on accurate, I hope the media shows a sense of humor for once but I could see someone giving him a hard time about this unfortunately. 

As quoted you can’t please everyone. Feel sorry for anyone that just can’t see the humor and the truth in his interview 

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is hilarious

image.png

This just classic! Another one to beware of is this age old trap. It goes like this.

You: "Hey babe what do you want for your birthday present?"

Her: "I don't want anything babe"

Birthday rolls around

Her: "I can't believe you didn't get me anything for my birthday"

You: "You said you didn't want anything"

Her: "Bastard"

Luckily I didn't fall for this one as I was warned by my Dad on the Wedding Day. One the best pieces of advice he ever gave me other than "Never use a condom she gives you". Pearls of wisdom boys, pearls of wisdom.

46 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

This just classic! Another one to beware of is this age old trap. It goes like this.

Birthday rolls around

Luckily I didn't fall for this one as I was warned by my Dad on the Wedding Day. One the best pieces of advice he ever gave me other than "Never use a condom she gives you". Pearls of wisdom boys, pearls of wisdom.

Your dad is smart.

My Dad once told me,

"Phil, always keep in mind no matter how smokin hot any woman is there is always some guy in her life really tired of putting up with her bullsh!t"

48 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

image.png

Birthday rolls around

Well into 2nd decade of marriage, they stop expecting a big surprise at some point. Takes a while for women to understand we don't like shopping.I did not go to the mall and LOOK AT EVERY ITEM IN EVERY AISLE OF EVERY STORE.  I could be at the gym or napping or goofing off here. Internet has made that a bit better. Of course you get staples-flowers, dinner, gift certificates to the salon and nail places she likes. But that is not enough. So every occasion I ask, politely, what would you like?And rather than even having a conversation, I get sent a link and order the thing on line. Very simple and easy. A good system. 

16 minutes ago, billo83 said:

When I asked my ex what she wanted for her birthday or Xmas she would always say "surprises", like that helps me any. One time I gave her a surprise - I gave her nothing. That was the last time she ever said surprises 

Wife once told me the same thing.  I bought her a fishing boat.  Still have the boat, different wife though.  

19 hours ago, Bugg said:

Well into 2nd decade of marriage, they stop expecting a big surprise at some point. Takes a while for women to understand we don't like shopping.I did not go to the mall and LOOK AT EVERY ITEM IN EVERY AISLE OF EVERY STORE.  I could be at the gym or napping or goofing off here. Internet has made that a bit better. Of course you get staples-flowers, dinner, gift certificates to the salon and nail places she likes. But that is not enough. So every occasion I ask, politely, what would you like?And rather than even having a conversation, I get sent a link and order the thing on line. Very simple and easy. A good system. 

Yes it does change when it gets into the second decade. She still bitches about you but not to your face. LOL. She knows it no longer does any good. Don't believe me? Just watch her friends reactions to you when you go out to dinner with them or any function you meet them at. You think that's playful banter? LOL. No its not.

The internet does make things easier now and I just tell her to put stuff on her Amazon wish list then I buy it for her. At least she gets some kind of surprise for whatever event the gift is for. One year early in our marriage I thought I was being funny. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said "fulfill one of my wishes" so being the resourceful guy that I am I gave her a box with two pieces of white bread in it. She goes "What the hell is this?". I tell her "that's a wish sandwich" her reply "What the hells a wish sandwich?" "That's when you have two pieces of bread and you wish you had something to put in between." The look on her face was priceless. Luckily I had a rather expensive piece of jewelry as her "real present" but she still tells the story to this day and laughs about it now. She wasn't laughing then though I gotta tell ya.

This has been true for generations! I was engaged for about 5 months and all the wedding bullsh*t got to the point that I called it off and broke up with her. Three months later, she moves in with me in upstate away from family, and 2 months after that, we got married by the mayor of Rome, N.Y. with just 3 Air Force friends as witnesses. That was Dec. 9, 1983! Still married and happy to this day! Elope whenever you can!

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes it does change when it gets into the second decade. She still bitches about you but not to your face. LOL. She knows it no longer does any good. Don't believe me? Just watch her friends reactions to you when you go out to dinner with them or any function you meet them at. You think that's playful banter? LOL. No its not.

The internet does make things easier now and I just tell her to put stuff on her Amazon wish list then I buy it for her. At least she gets some kind of surprise for whatever event the gift is for. One year early in our marriage I thought I was being funny. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said "fulfill one of my wishes" so being the resourceful guy that I am I gave her a box with two pieces of white bread in it. She goes "What the hell is this?". I tell her "that's a wish sandwich" her reply "What the hells a wish sandwich?" "That's when you have two pieces of bread and you wish you had something to put in between." The look on her face was priceless. Luckily I had a rather expensive piece of jewelry as her "real present" but she still tells the story to this day and laughs about it now. She wasn't laughing then though I gotta tell ya.

The wish sandwich sounds more like a death wish. Keep up the good fight anyway. 

I started living with my wife some fifty years ago. The first decade or so we went through the bullsh*t so eloquently described in the above postings. At some point, many years in, I proposed a new way of doing things and, wonder of wonders, she said she liked the idea. Simple and elegant, the concept is that the presents are a surprise....... to the giver. With this scheme, as the Xmas or birthday season approaches we buy ourselves exactly what we want, up to a predetermined limit. On the happy day we unwrap the perfect gift and it is usually a happy surprise to the one who nominally gave the gift. We are almost always happy with our gifts, we know who to blame if it isn't a good gift (have a mirror handy). 

This will not work if one or both watch too many romantic comedies and it doesn't work in the first decade or two of a relationship. But after a while, if it is a strong relationship, it removes a great source of angst and friction. Half a century in, it works for us.

If you and your spouse always get/give the perfect gift and love the process, ignore the above. 

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Man that is ballsy. 

I like to make my own cards and write something, and also get jewelry or a purse for her. Works like a goddam charm. 

With that said, the hotter a girl is, it seems the bitchier she is. Cant have everything!

Archived