Turkey Day Football Games Thread.

joewilly12

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Man I hope the Chargers sneak into the playoffs. A franchise QB and pass rusher combo can go a long way if they just get in. 

Rivers vs Brees in the Super Bowl. Take it to the bank. 

Rivers has been on a tear and it will continue next week against the browns in LA.  Why I got him in fantasy

8 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Man I hope the Chargers sneak into the playoffs. A franchise QB and pass rusher combo can go a long way if they just get in. 

Yeah I’m rooting for them too

just if they didn’t blow so many games to start the season

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Easy. 95% of jet fans want to give this guy 10 years $175 million 

If the Jets don't think they can draft Rosen, Darnold or (most likely) Mayfield, paying Cousins 2 x 27.5 and trying to find someone in the second round is not a crazy strategy.  Finding someone in the second round does not mean drafting a QB in the second round that many think should not be drafted in ANY round.

Maybe Garopollo 3 x 20.   We have the cap space.  

Looks like Nick Fitzgerald is not getting drafted....

Those numbers are just approximations and are more conceptual.   I am not for Smith or Brees though at big numbers.  They are too close to their expiration dates.  Unless of course they could be had for less than 20.  

I would rather take a chance on Mayfield than pay any veteran money.  But to get Mayfield theoretically you would need to draft as low as 3.  Since the Jets are likely drafting higher than 3, that will push an EDGE, LT or RB down to them that is likely a much better value than the next tier of QB.

Yes, we can discuss Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.  Both would require a significant change to the Jets current offense.  I don't trust the Jets coaches to do that.  I could be wrong.

11 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Nobody in the AFC wants to be tasked with figuring out how to stop Bosa. 

4 hours ago, varjet said:

If the Jets don't think they can draft Rosen, Darnold or (most likely) Mayfield, paying Cousins 2 x 27.5 and trying to find someone in the second round is not a crazy strategy.  Finding someone in the second round does not mean drafting a QB in the second round that many think should not be drafted in ANY round.

Maybe Garopollo 3 x 20.   We have the cap space.  

Looks like Nick Fitzgerald is not getting drafted....

Those numbers are just approximations and are more conceptual.   I am not for Smith or Brees though at big numbers.  They are too close to their expiration dates.  Unless of course they could be had for less than 20.  

I would rather take a chance on Mayfield than pay any veteran money.  But to get Mayfield theoretically you would need to draft as low as 3.  Since the Jets are likely drafting higher than 3, that will push an EDGE, LT or RB down to them that is likely a much better value than the next tier of QB.

Yes, we can discuss Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.  Both would require a significant change to the Jets current offense.  I don't trust the Jets coaches to do that.  I could be wrong.

Cousins is not the answer especially at $145 mil. Sorry

Archived