### Jets \ Panthers Game Thread ###

Maxman

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Jets had any sort of expectations coming into this season, this season would be really frustrating. Now it’s just mildly annoying at most

This team is not good.  Unfortunately this is worst case scenario we are going 5-11 and yet somehow both Wack and Toilet Bowles will survive to screw up another year and draft a ILB over Lamar Jackson

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Really?  Our OL is actually not horrible, we have 3 decent RB’s on the roster and McCown has been serviceable.  Our WR’s are also not that bad Robby is ok, Kearse is actually a decent 2nd WR and ASJ is a decent

The oline is bad, the rbs are serviceable, anderson makes big plays but our our wrs are #3 if that on most teams.  Our TE dropped an easy td pass and he has josh mccown as his QB.  Almost zero resources have been our into our offense.  His schemes and play calling is making this group look okay.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The oline is bad, the rbs are serviceable, anderson makes big plays but our our wrs are #3 if that on most teams.  Our TE dropped an easy td pass and he has josh mccown as his QB.  Almost zero resources have been our into our offense.  His schemes and play calling is making this group look okay.

We don’t have awful personnel on offense.  And it’s not like we are scoring all these points either the friggin Tampa Bucs defense that couldn’t stop me held us to 12 points

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Josh McCown, as much as I hate him, has thrown for 17 TDs, 8 INTs, and almost has a 70% completion percentage.  Tack on 3 rushing TDs and it's 20 total TDs.  Robby Anderson is close to 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.  Kearse has looked solid after being an afterthought in Seattle.  This is also Morton's first year doing this.  He is, by no means, a perfect coach....but he is doing a very good job with what he has been given to work with.  I honestly find myself being satisfied by every member of this coaching staff other than Bowles and Kacy Rodgers.  I repeat that every damn week.

I don't drop tidbits outside of draft talk too often, but one thing I'll say is that the organization loves him and the rest of the league has taken note of what he's done here.  If he isn't made our next head coach (I actually think this could happen, but that's a personal feeling based off of my feelings and the little I know regarding the front office opinion of John), he might get looks from another team.  Personally, I don't want to lose him or any of the other assistants outside of Rodgers.  Even if he's not ready to step up into the HC role yet (which I can kind of agree with), I think he has a very bright future in this league as a coach.  

15 hours ago, billo83 said:

Todd Bowles should be fired on the spot. What the 2nd most penalized team, and continued 4th quarter collapses with zero urgency. That's all coaching folks. I'm seriously questioning about following this team with this dope in charge

Decision was easy for me the minute he demanded McClown was gonna be starter. I would be fine with the same results or worse and one of the younger QBs but the guy just will not learn. A worse version of shltpatrick. Wow can't wait to see THAT!!! Can I pay you to key my car too???

Archived