HOW THE **** IS THAT NOT A TD???!!!

Jet_Engine1

The rules expert on the broadcast said slight movement is still supposed to be considered a TD, so he expected the call on the field to be upheld. Doesn't make much sense it was overturned. But if the commentary on the rules was accurate, the problem is not with the rule. The rule was misapplied.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

if the NFL was rigged we'd probably have a SB by now and they certainly wouldn't have made the Pats a dynasty.

then you are confused about who the real bosses are 

no offense f course... it is understandable. Masters of the world are masters of deception. League office in NY MUST mean they are Jets fans...... right???? 

9 minutes ago, Hitman Harris said:

then you are confused about who the real bosses are 

no offense f course... it is understandable. Masters of the world are masters of deception. League office in NY MUST mean they are Jets fans...... right???? 

yeah they want some no name team from Foxboro becoming a dynasty and they want the most popular team in the league to win 2 playoff games in 20 years.  Yep, everything is rigged.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

there was much more movement on the ASJ would be TD, they made the correct call for both plays.  Anderson never lost control, it appeared ASJ lost control briefly.  we had a wide open TD on the next play and the QB threw a bad pass.  This is the Todd Bowles Jets, they will just do enough to lose almost every week.

Hey - we actually agree.  When played at full speed, the ball moves more than slightly.  Still, I think the call on the field should have stood, because you're supposed to err on that side of things, but no question on full speed replay, did that ball move.

15 hours ago, JiF said:

The NFL is terrible. 

It really is. If the ball doesn’t hit the ground it’s a catch. From every sandlot field to any organized football ever!! NFL changes the rule for no other reason except to put more control on  the refs less to the game. Nothing else makes a hair of sense. 

It is not a TD because those in the NY replay crew clearly have a major personal problem with ASJ.  That's the only thing that makes any sense.  Well that, or them being severely brain damaged.  There's no actual logical explanation.

Also, had to love watching last night's game and see a helmet-to-helmet by the Steelers on the QB go uncalled, and a slightly moving catch along the sidelines get upheld for them.  Proving once again that officiating from game to game, and team to team, is worlds apart.  The level of impact on games from referees has become intolerably annoying.

It's not even just about the Jets, they suck anyway, but the NFL is just becoming complete garbage.  This is the first time in weeks I've bothered to watch multiple games, and that was mostly because I was around and just had it on the background.

Here's the problem with the call....As many have stated, it was a judgement call that could have gone either way.

Overturning a call is supposed to be "indisputable" - that's a very strong word.

The fact that Blandino said it shouldn't be overturned is actually enough to tell you it was, in fact, disputable.  Even if they looked at the replay and thought it probably wasn't a completion it's still not enough.

That's the problem I have with the call

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the problem with the call....As many have stated, it was a judgement call that could have gone either way.

Overturning a call is supposed to be "indisputable" - that's a very strong word.

The fact that Blandino said it shouldn't be overturned is actually enough to tell you it was, in fact, disputable.  Even if they looked at the replay and thought it probably wasn't a completion it's still not enough.

That's the problem I have with the call

This whole centralized review setup has been an unmitigated disaster.  While there would certainly be questionable calls and reviews in the past, as there always will be for any sport, whoever this group is are clearly in way over their heads.  I don't know if it's some sort of laughable arrogance or what, but they are clearly completely incapable of taking an objective viewpoint, which is the entirety of their jobs.  More than ever before, personal opinions and best guesses are the final judgment in NFL games.  How many times these days do we see commentators and their officiating experts be certain that the call will go in the opposite direction it eventually does?  Part of me sometimes even wonders if the in-game officials have issues with the asinine overturns that they're forced to make of their calls by the league offices.

NFL officiating has always been a problem, but I guess sometimes you have to appreciate that it could always be worse, because it sure as hell has been this year.  Maybe these idiots will all go on strike again.  As bad as the officiating was during that period last time, it was really rather refreshing that the officiating was equally incompetent across the board for absolutely everyone.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

NFL helping us with the tank.  Thanks!

This is pretty funny. I can see these dudes sitting in a room & they're reviewing ASJs TD. Unbeknownst to everyone at MetLife, they are Jet fans. Oh sh*t, we're gonna win this game and f*ck up our draft status,  hey, look closely, did you see that ball move?, I did, I did. 

It moved just enough to be questionable, let's overturn it, the crowd will moan, but seriously, they don't know what's good for them anyways. When we grab Baker Mayfield, they'll forget it ever happened. Bowles will be gone, McCown, Skrine, Forte, Macc can't f*ck this up, we're putting a QB right in his lap.

Hello, NY? Overturned.

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Kraft had the best story line with Brady after they beat the Rams. Parcells was before that.

oh, ok.  so in 1997 they didn't want Kraft to win but after 9/11 they wanted the "Patriots" to become a dynasty.  Got it.

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

oh, ok.  so in 1997 they didn't want Kraft to win but after 9/11 they wanted the "Patriots" to become a dynasty.  Got it.

WTF is with people carrying on from a simple statement? Kraft won a Super Bowl as an underdog with a late round QB. Bellicheat kept them competitive. Brady became the face of the NFL. You bringing up 9/11 has nothing to do what I said and has no place at all in this discussion. Don’t answer my post no more. Annoying prick 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

WTF is with people carrying on from a simple statement? Kraft won a Super Bowl as an underdog with a late round QB. Bellicheat kept them competitive. Brady became the face of the NFL. You bringing up 9/11 has nothing to do what I said and has no place at all in this discussion. Don’t answer my post no more. Annoying prick 

yes belichick kept them competitive by going 5-13. 

you were coming up w/ a whacky conspiracy theory, the "Patriots" thing has been floated out there by folks like you.   If you think the league is fixed why do you watch? there is no more annoying prick here than you. you are always goofy and never serious. 

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

you were coming up w/ a whacky conspiracy theory, the "Patriots" thing has been floated out there by folks like you.   If you think the league is fixed why do you watch? there is no more annoying prick here than you. you are always goofy and never serious. 

Best storyline means conspiracy theory? I come here to relax, have fun and laugh with friends.  You come here for reasons I couldn’t even begin to understand. Not sure anyone can. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Best storyline means conspiracy theory? I come here to relax, have fun and laugh with friends.  You come here for reasons I couldn’t even begin to understand. Not sure anyone can. 

you are right, the league is fixed.  My apologies for doubting your genius.  it's such a great storyline to have the Pats dominate year after year, it really is bringing in the fans.  I will never doubt you again. Now please get back to relaxing and having and laughing with friends. 

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If there was ever any question about how batsh*t crazy Junk here is, throwing a temper tantrum at Crusher of all people should pretty much put that debate to rest.

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are right, the league is fixed.  My apologies for doubting your genius.  it's such a great storyline to have the Pats dominate year after year, it really is bringing in the fans.  I will never doubt you again. Now please get back to relaxing and having and laughing with friends. 

You are obviously not having fun. I’m sorry. 

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

If there was ever any question about how batsh*t crazy Junk here is, throwing a temper tantrum at Crusher of all people should pretty much put that debate to rest.

To be fair you did modkill me from your first Star Wars  game for being a drunk Wookie. 

47 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Dude is a cranky old man who posts by himself about the North Carolina Tarheels basketball team half the day (even though he didn't go to school there), and the other half posts the most illogical sh*t about the Jets anyone has ever had the misfortune of reading.  

I almost feel sorry for him.  Almost.  

50 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

a temper tantrum? seriously? he's the one who had the temper tantrum.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude is a cranky old man who posts by himself about the North Carolina Tarheels basketball team half the day (even though he didn't go to school there), and the other half posts the most illogical sh*t about the Jets anyone has ever had the misfortune of reading.  

I almost feel sorry for him.  Almost.  

sorry for trying to get some activity going in the college basketball thread.  some of us don't only show up when our teams win.

and this is pretty funny coming from a guy who posts about college baseball where only the families of players care about it yet you are some groupie stalker.

22 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

HOW??

Give me a goddamn break. **** this. Where is ownership? Where is Chris Johnson? He should call them out in the post game presser.

What a joke.

The Draft Gods looking out for the Jets

1 minute ago, SMC said:

The Draft Gods looking out for the Jets

Yeah, right.  More likely scenario:  Jets refuse to trade up, every QB worth a damn is off the board before they pick, Jets opt to trade down or draft defense.  Second runner-up is they get one of the QBs, who turns out to be the biggest bust of the bunch.

12 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, right.  More likely scenario:  Jets refuse to trade up, every QB worth a damn is off the board before they pick, Jets opt to trade down or draft defense.  Second runner-up is they get one of the QBs, who turns out to be the biggest bust of the bunch.

Christian Hackenberg II 

The ball should have to either (1) hit the ground or (2) be collected by an opposing player before it hits the ground for the pass to be ruled incomplete.  Even the rule the way it’s currently written equivocates, making it a judgement call.  Judgement calls shouldn’t be subjected to another judgement call by an official looking at a video replay fo several minutes.  Replay should be used sparingly only to determine black and white issues like ball hitting ground or player stepping out of bounds.  I will say this — NFL football is the perfect game for this overlawyered society...appeal, upon appeal, upon appeal delaying the game over and over and over again.  If this happened to the Pats twice, we’d be looking at an off-season rule change or in-season reinterpretation.   But since it’s the Jets, it’ll probably be ignored in the short and long run.  Frustrating, to say the least.  And the league office wonders why attendance and viewing rates are down.

Kevin Seifert NFL Nation 

In his weekly media video, NFL SVP/officiating Al Riveron said he reversed an apparent touchdown during last week's Panthers-Jets game because Jets TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins lost control of the ball while going to the ground. Riveron used a video different from the one shown on the Fox Sports broadcast, but to the naked eye, the ball's movement looked minimal. It was one of a series of reversals this season that do not appear to have followed the standard of "clear and obvious evidence" to change the call on the field.

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Kevin Seifert NFL Nation 

In his weekly media video, NFL SVP/officiating Al Riveron said he reversed an apparent touchdown during last week's Panthers-Jets game because Jets TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins lost control of the ball while going to the ground. Riveron used a video different from the one shown on the Fox Sports broadcast, but to the naked eye, the ball's movement looked minimal. It was one of a series of reversals this season that do not appear to have followed the standard of "clear and obvious evidence" to change the call on the field.

But it's OK, because it just fooked the Jets, who was playing two of the NFL darling teams. The Pats, and Panthers. Can't have Cam or Tom lose!   

So the refs and the league are rigging games so they get Cam Newton in the playoffs.

In the process they are therefore preventing Seattle and Russell Wilson from making the playoffs.

I don't think these conspiracies are being thought through enough.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

So the refs and the league are rigging games so they get Cam Newton in the playoffs.

In the process they are therefore preventing Seattle and Russell Wilson from making the playoffs.

I don't think these conspiracies are being thought through enough. emoji6.png

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Dont worry...Wilson would have gottem the same benefit against the Jets.

Archived