Jump to content

Gotta make up your mind


UnitedWhofans
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Do you want to lose and have a great shot at a QB. Or do you want to win meaningless games like a couple of years ago?

Jets fans need to go to their hearts and make this decision and act accordingly. 

If we go by this standard. This was a good day for the Jets. Especially since the refs screwed them again

I'm not sure how much any of this matters any more because we barely have a chance to get one of the top QBs, anyway.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best thing that Mac can do next year is let McCown walk. It worked for him and we have been competitive but take away any chance to let TB start McCown again next year. 

I am not a TB fan but they are competitive. The washed up QB's (Fits/McCown) play decent but not good enough,and never consistently. 

You can't make that stupid fumble at that age and experience;you just can't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made up my mind at the beginning of the season. With the off season purge this was the perfect time to start all the young guys.  Bowles has missed an opportunity to do that. I fire him because of that. I'd have more patience with him and would have given him a chance to keep his job had he done that. Starting McCown was USELESS...

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Jets came into today in a no lose situation. If we lost today, we were going to be back in the middle of the top 10. If we won, we were going to be in the thick of the playoff race.

Now that we've lost, our course has pretty much been set. With winning out unrealistic we'd be better served losing the remaining games. That'd put us somewhere between picks 3-6 and in an excellent position to draft an offensive game changer (one of the QBs or Barkley).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Made up my mind at the beginning of the season. With the off season purge this was the perfect time to start all the young guys.  Bowles has missed an opportunity to do that. I fire him because of that. I'd have more patience with him and would have given him a chance to keep his job had he done that. Starting McCown was USELESS...

I believed this for quite a few games but the team is actually competitive and maybe they would not be if the inexperienced kids played? It has to stop at some point but when? As I see it right now, IMHO, Bowles isn't going anywhere. They are moving forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just ask for consistency. We grip during the week about not having a QB or drafting a QB and yet we want them to win on Sunday to hurt chances of gettin a QB. Make up your mind

Are you delusional enough to think how a specific group of fans roots makes a difference in the score?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. But I think it would create a better atmosphere here. Even if that leads to nothing, it’s a good thing

Well I cheer each week for us to win and then let the results be what they are.  At the end of the year we will see where we are and then root for the team to figure out how to get the best available qb.  Sometimes the one that falls to you turns out to be the best of the bunch.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I just ask for consistency. We grip during the week about not having a QB or drafting a QB and yet we want them to win on Sunday to hurt chances of gettin a QB. Make up your mind

Since youre making bold claims why dont you specifically call out the names of all these posters who wanted to tank but then wanted to win rather than byatch like a whiney fool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, usapaw said:

Best thing that Mac can do next year is let McCown walk. It worked for him and we have been competitive but take away any chance to let TB start McCown again next year. 

I am not a TB fan but they are competitive. The washed up QB's (Fits/McCown) play decent but not good enough,and never consistently. 

You can't make that stupid fumble at that age and experience;you just can't. 

I hear what you are saying but McCown was by far the best player for the jets today. He made a ton of throws, and kept this terrible team together as long as he could. The Oline has been neglected for YEARS. Qb has little protection. I always thought McCown was garbage but he is the team mvp. Not saying much, but can’t expect qb to do everything. This team has a lot of problems. For once it hasn’t been the qb, but the guy is 38

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Do you want to lose and have a great shot at a QB. Or do you want to win meaningless games like a couple of years ago?

Jets fans need to go to their hearts and make this decision and act accordingly. 

If we go by this standard. This was a good day for the Jets. Especially since the refs screwed them again

I'm pretty sure my heart does not impact the outcome.  As always, I'll act accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Well I cheer each week for us to win and then let the results be what they are.  At the end of the year we will see where we are and then root for the team to figure out how to get the best available qb.  Sometimes the one that falls to you turns out to be the best of the bunch.

Yeah your right, but. what's the Safeties or injury prone Corners look like in next years draft?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And yet nobody here gets it. This year shouldn’t be stressful AT ALL. And yet people are going nuts

You do realize that not everyone needs to want the same thing.

Rhetorical question. I’m pretty sure it’s all lost on you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...