Jets Organization

RSJ

Prior to the Jets game yesterday I went to the season ticket breakfast. We met Chris Johnson, Wesley Walker, and Freeman McNeil. I know the Jets have had their issues recently - but I have to say they are a very friendly and nice organization. Not just those I mentioned - but EVERYONE that works for them. Chris Johnson was very nice and took the time to talk with us for a few minutes. Maybe I will be proven wrong - but I get the feeling he is really enjoying his new role and is really working towards building this thing the right way. 

I know some of you will not agree with this - but I thought I would post how great my experience was meeting them yesterday and how I really do think and hope this thing is going to get turned around.

Yeah I mean I kind of figured I would get responses like this - but its a big improvement over the weirdos Hess had working for him and he never won much either. The guy legit seemed knowledgeable about every player on the roster. There's always a lot of negative posted about the Jets so I thought I would share my positive experience.  

Well I will add one more other thing before you guys rip the Jets totally apart. He was very complementary of Mac, certain players - but in the 15-20 minutes we talked, he didn't mention the name Todd Bowles or anything about him once. Thought that was interesting. Don't know if it means anything.

I have to add something as a former season ticket holder.  

Tell the NY Jets to stick all the rewards, breakfasts,and promo nonsense and offer PSL owners free parking and the option to opt out of pre-season tickets. 

Its the least they could do being they are selling similar seats without PSL's. 

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Well I will add one more other thing before you guys rip the Jets totally apart. He was very complementary of Mac, certain players - but in the 15-20 minutes we talked, he didn't mention the name Todd Bowles or anything about him once. Thought that was interesting. Don't know if it means anything.

I hope like hell Todd Bowles is not in the future plans of this organization.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have to add something as a former season ticket holder.  

Tell the NY Jets to stick all the rewards, breakfasts,and promo nonsense and offer PSL owners free parking and the option to opt out of pre-season tickets. 

Its the least they could do being they are selling similar seats without PSL's. 

Yeah I gotcha. I lost pretty good seats too when I decided not to buy a PSL. I just got back in this offseason. It's their right to sell them for whatever they want and it's my right to buy them or sit home and watch.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I gotcha. I lost pretty good seats too when I decided not to buy a PSL. I just got back in this offseason. It's their right to sell them for whatever they want and it's my right to buy them or sit home and watch.

Congrats I've been contemplating buying back in 2 seats in the Mezz Club Section or LL been looking on PSLSOURCE.com for a deal I just can't pull the trigger unless I see major changes. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Congrats I've been contemplating buying back in 2 seats in the Mezz Club Section been looking on PSLSOURCE.com for a deal I just can't pull the trigger unless I see major changes. 

I know. You have to try to be ahead of the curve - but timing it is tough. I just tried to make sure I was plenty ahead. lol

I know there are a lot of fans that feel like you do, I was one of them - but they are trying and honestly the prices on PSLSOURCE plus the tickets is not much more than your annual cable bill. And at the very least the tailgating is fun. lol 

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Congrats I've been contemplating buying back in 2 seats in the Mezz Club Section or LL been looking on PSLSOURCE.com for a deal I just can't pull the trigger unless I see major changes. 

While Bowles deserves to be fired for incompetence,more  likely he gets cast out for reasons like this. This 2017 Jets team is bad for business. Yesterday was a very pleasant day weather wise and yet Jets tickets were going for $19 and there were thousands of empty seats. More people are going to walk away and few new customers are going to buy in unless there is a major course correction. They've blown leads week after week. And at the end yesterday they didn't even bother to throw a hail Mary; it's cowardice, indefensible.Jets under Johnson have tried all this marketing nonsense to get people in the stadium. Crazy idea-how about a winning football team with a dynamic offense. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

While Bowles deserves to be fired for incompetence,more  likely he gets cast out for reasons like this. This 2017 Jets team is bad for business. Yesterday was a very pleasant day weather wise and yet Jets tickets were going for $19 and there were thousands of empty seats. More people are going to walk away and few new customers are going to buy in unless there is a major course correction. They've blown leads week after week. And at the end yesterday they didn't even bother to throw a hail Mary; it's cowardice, indefensible.Jets under Johnson have tried all this marketing nonsense to get people in the stadium. Crazy idea-how about a winning football team with a dynamic offense. 

It was pretty windy and cold yesterday. However, I still TOTALLY agree with you about everything else. The ticket prices and attendance has been unreal this year. There were as many Panthers fans there yesterday as you used to see at a Pats game. Unreal when considering its the Panthers.

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

Prior to the Jets game yesterday I went to the season ticket breakfast. We met Chris Johnson, Wesley Walker, and Freeman McNeil. I know the Jets have had their issues recently - but I have to say they are a very friendly and nice organization. Not just those I mentioned - but EVERYONE that works for them. Chris Johnson was very nice and took the time to talk with us for a few minutes. Maybe I will be proven wrong - but I get the feeling he is really enjoying his new role and is really working towards building this thing the right way. 

I know some of you will not agree with this - but I thought I would post how great my experience was meeting them yesterday and how I really do think and hope this thing is going to get turned around.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/da151cae-9441-45a8-8527-bdafc4163dc7

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

It means @dbatesman's head is going to explode. 

We will see how Chris Johnson is this offseason when we get our 2018 season ticket bills.  Will he wake up and see that these seats are waaaaaaaaaaaay over priced and that the Jets unload a lot of tickets to brokers or help arrange group tickets for opposing fans?

This team could win two Super Bowls in a row and with the current price structure they still wouldn't be filled with STHers.

I’m having difficulty reconciling “Chris Johnson seems to know what he’s doing” with “Chris Johnson loves Mike Maccagnan.” I’m no Bowles apologist, but if we’re picking the over-hired potato who’s done the best job here (relatively speaking), it’s far and away Bowles. The roster is absolute trash, riddled with bad draft picks and meh free agent signings, and he’s got them playing hard deep into a lost season. All this says to me is that Chris Johnson has the football acumen of a WFAN caller who dials up Malusis at 3 a.m.

I gave a plus vote to the op for posting a nice optimistic opening thread and who knows he may be right.  The biggest issue with woody and now this chap is that we have no good winner long time old vet present to tell him what we need to do football wise.  Some guy that will not fall for the bullsh*t of media and tell the owner we have to get rid of the coach or the gm or both or neither.

The way the organization is set up right now the new guy is doomed to fail.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m having difficulty reconciling “Chris Johnson seems to know what he’s doing” with “Chris Johnson loves Mike Maccagnan.” I’m no Bowles apologist, but if we’re picking the over-hired potato who’s done the best job here (relatively speaking), it’s far and away Bowles. The roster is absolute trash, riddled with bad draft picks and meh free agent signings, and he’s got them playing hard deep into a lost season. All this says to me is that Chris Johnson has the football acumen of a WFAN caller who dials up Malusis at 3 a.m.

I agree with this post.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bowles is trash. You couldnt name 5 guys on the Pats defense and they are playing better than the Jets. Bowles teams have looked the same all 3 years. Flat and uninspired. 

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

Macc is here to stay. Bowles is on the fence.

4 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Bowles is trash. You couldnt name 5 guys on the Pats defense and they are playing better than the Jets. Bowles teams have looked the same all 3 years. Flat and uninspired. 

I’m not gonna defend Bowles at all, but I don’t see how it’s even arguable that Bowles has done his job better than Maccagnan has done his. I’d imagine much of Chris Johnson’s opinion on Macc is the result of 1. He gets to hang out with Maccagnan and 2. For the casual fan who parachuted into watching the Jets starting this spring, it’s easier to blame the coach than it is the GM or the organization in whole. At some point, Chris Johnson will graduate to screaming about the offensive coordinator, because that’s the natural evolution of the football fan. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not gonna defend Bowles at all, but I don’t see how it’s even arguable that Bowles has done his job better than Maccagnan has done his. I’d imagine much of Chris Johnson’s opinion on Macc is the result of 1. He gets to hang out with Maccagnan and 2. For the casual fan who parachuted into watching the Jets starting this spring, it’s easier to blame the coach than it is the GM or the organization in whole. At some point, Chris Johnson will graduate to screaming about the offensive coordinator, because that’s the natural evolution of the football fan. 

Yeah I mean we will see if he can run a better football team than Woody. Shouldnt be too hard tbh and like I said, he seemed more knowledgeable than you are giving him credit for. I could be totally wrong here.

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Yeah I mean we will see if he can run a better football team than Woody. Shouldnt be too hard tbh and like I said, he seemed more knowledgeable than you are giving him credit for. I could be totally wrong here.

Oh yeah, I definitely got a more positive impression (from some interviews) too. Where Woody seemed entirely ego-driven, Chris seems to be less worried about leeching a spot at the NFL’s big boy table. Hopefully that shows up in the decision making. Maybe that apparent lack of ego allows him to go out and hire a President of Football Ops to run the team, finally. Woody wouldn’t do it because it represented another degree of separation from the decision making processes and the attendant publicity. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This x1000

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

wat about kearse and robby anderson 

On 11/27/2017 at 8:48 PM, RSJ said:

Yeah I mean I kind of figured I would get responses like this - but its a big improvement over the weirdos Hess had working for him and he never won much either. The guy legit seemed knowledgeable about every player on the roster. There's always a lot of negative posted about the Jets so I thought I would share my positive experience.  

Hess was a classy guy, but when he owned the team, the management personnel were a weird combination of unsuccessful and very arrogant. 

If anyone questioned their operation they were very condescending. I could have lived with that if they were winning, but they weren’t.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Has there been a regime in recent memory where 3 years in they haven't committed to a young QB? Chris Johnson can be the friendliest guy in the world- but what the hell are the Jets doing? 

interesting observation but at the same time mac and bowles were committed to that bozo geno until he got his jaw broken.  after that it was just as hard to bench fitz as it is to bench mccown now.  and mac did try to increase their chances of getting that young qb in 2016 when they drafted hack.  okay so it doesn't look like it's working out but it's not like there wasn't an effort.

Archived