So when do Bowles & Macagnan get fired?

Philc1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Who is Dorsey?  You act like he’s Jon Gruden we don’t need to spend huge money to get him

Um, you were the one that mentioned him.  And he would cost a hell of a lot more than what Woody has forked out in the past, given the fact he has hired five straight rookie GM's.

image.pngJohn Dorsey the former Chiefs GM

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Um, you were the one that mentioned him.  And he would cost a hell of a lot more than what Woody has forked out in the past, given the fact he has hired five straight rookie GM's.

image.pngJohn Dorsey the former Chiefs GM

Well maybe hiring rookie GM’s hasn’t worked out?  We are only head for year 7 with not even a wildcard

On 11/29/2017 at 10:27 PM, Philc1 said:

Macc will hire Bill O’Brien after the Texans fire him

Book

It

Wouldn't mind Dorsey as our GM. I don't know if the Texans will fire Bill O after the first  few weeks of Watson's success, I think they give him another year to see how he does with Watson. . I think you are right, I am sure Mac would love to have Bill as his HC.

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Well maybe hiring rookie GM’s hasn’t worked out?  We are only head for year 7 with not even a wildcard

Hmmm.....I am thinking you might be missing I am in agreement with you?

That has been my point exactly: That Woody's track record is going with Rookie GM's, and that Dorsey probably won't be a candidate because of it, but he SHOULD adopt a new hiring policy.

I would LOVE to see someone who has, you know, actually done the job first.  And as I said to Sperm, I like a lot of the guys Mac has drafted. The problem I have with him, has been his inability to draft the core positions needed; QB/OL/Pass rush.  You can't win without them. 

He has found some good talent throughout the draft, including UDFA.  But it is not talent that changes games.  Watching the Redskins/Cowboys last night was a testament to how important a good Oline is.  They destroyed WAS last night because of it.  We haven't been able to pass rush since John Abraham left, and we haven't had a QB since over half the people on this site were born.

While I think Sperm is right in saying BOTH should go simultaneously, I have a feeling Mac gets another year.  And if he does, he has to fix the three most important positions in a year, one we haven't had for 40+ years, one we haven't had for 10+ years, and one we haven't had for about 7+ years.  Not a tall order at all.

On 11/30/2017 at 12:54 AM, CanadaSteve said:

Mangini and trader Mike did well together.  That one damn #6 pick did him in.

D'Brick and Mangold, Kellen Clemens (I still think he could have been serviceable for our team), Eric Smith, Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Darrelle Revis, David Harris, Dustin Keller, Dwight Lowery.  Some great players and some great role players.  Didn't miss on many picks, although the 2008 draft was a little weaker.  Marcus Henry has played well for the Alouettes though!

That #6 pick won 4/6 playoff games and went to 2 consecutive AFCCGs, the most successful run in this pathetic team's history.

What did him in was the deals with the devil they made to keep key players, taking for granted the value of receivers for Sanchez to throw to, and too many bad draft picks.

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

That #6 pick won 4/6 playoff games and went to 2 consecutive AFCCGs, the most successful run in this pathetic team's history.

What did him in was the deals with the devil they made to keep key players, taking for granted the value of receivers for Sanchez to throw to, and too many bad draft picks.

if sanchez were any good he would have found more success somewhere else, with a better team.  he is who he is, a guy who maxed out on the jets when they had a nice veteran roster.  

2 hours ago, varjet said:

OOPS!

I meant the #6 drafted under Mangini's watch....Vernon...

I would love for Dorsey to replace Maccagnan but it will never happen because Woody is too cheap to pay what it would take to get a guy like Dorsey. The Giants will probably end up with Dorsey and Darnold or rosen while the Jets will still have Maccagnan and Bowles to go along with McCown. This GM will keep his job and spend like a fool in free agency and will all blow up in his face once again.

If you want to know whether Maccagnan and Bowles are good at their jobs ask this question- would either of them land another job at GM or coach ever again. In my opinion Mac will never be a GM again and Bowles will never be hired again as a head coach. Fact is they both suck at their jobs but our ownership is too dumb to realize it.

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Gettleman. He'll build a winner until the locker room implodes due to him being a big ol' meanie.

1 hour ago, Pennington said:

I would love for Dorsey to replace Maccagnan but it will never happen because Woody is too cheap to pay what it would take to get a guy like Dorsey. The Giants will probably end up with Dorsey and Darnold or rosen while the Jets will still have Maccagnan and Bowles to go along with McCown. This GM will keep his job and spend like a fool in free agency and will all blow up in his face once again.

The Giants will end up with Gettleman or Dorsey.  Mara knows he needs some more support.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 3:35 PM, Pennington said:

If you want to know whether Maccagnan and Bowles are good at their jobs ask this question- would either of them land another job at GM or coach ever again. In my opinion Mac will never be a GM again and Bowles will never be hired again as a head coach. Fact is they both suck at their jobs but our ownership is too dumb to realize it.

After both of them are fired they will be lucky to crawl back to part time gigs in Houston and Arizona fetching Starbucks fir the rest of the crew

well this is telling.... “We didn’t play our best ball obviously,” Adams said. “It shows when some people … as a team we don’t prepare well at times during practice. We have to lock in at all times and as a team get better.”

Everyone didnt even take practice seriously? That one IS on coaching.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/10/everything-goes-wrong-as-jets-get-humiliated-in-denver/ 

7 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

well this is telling.... “We didn’t play our best ball obviously,” Adams said. “It shows when some people … as a team we don’t prepare well at times during practice. We have to lock in at all times and as a team get better.”

Everyone didnt even take practice seriously? That one IS on coaching.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/10/everything-goes-wrong-as-jets-get-humiliated-in-denver/ 

So he’s a mediocre safety and throws everyone under the bus.  Wow we really got a gem here fellas

Archived