Snacks just lost a lot of cred

UnitedWhofans

So Carl Banks went off on the Giants making this move and Snacks Harrison in response said this.

Damon HarrisonVerified account @BigDame900

Stop the sub tweeting and put a name on it. You in that building everyday and have yet to approach anybody u thought “quit”...emotional tweeting isn’t good

And Carl Banks tweeted this:

Young brother I don't play anymore.. my job isn't to "approach" those that I think quit.that for the leaders.. I've been there, done it and rings to show for it.. I encourage and root for all Giants.. so hey if it looks ok to you then who am I to dispute

My goodness.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So Carl Banks went off on the Giants making this move and Snacks Harrison in response said this.

Damon HarrisonVerified account @BigDame900

Stop the sub tweeting and put a name on it. You in that building everyday and have yet to approach anybody u thought “quit”...emotional tweeting isn’t good

And Carl Banks tweeted this:

Young brother I don't play anymore.. my job isn't to "approach" those that I think quit.that for the leaders.. I've been there, done it and rings to show for it.. I encourage and root for all Giants.. so hey if it looks ok to you then who am I to dispute

This would be more salacious if the team hadn’t actually quit. Is Banks supposed to confront Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

This would be more salacious if the team hadn’t actually quit. Is Banks supposed to confront Janoris Jenkins and Eli Apple? 

Maybe so, but at the end of the day you are criticizing a man who has won 2 Super Bowl rings and is considered one of the greatest Giants of all time. That's not good.

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe so, but at the end of the day you are criticizing a man who has won 2 Super Bowl rings and is considered one of the greatest Giants of all time. That's not good.

Yeah, Harrison comes off looking like a dope here. Amusing, too, that Snacks uses a subtweet to complain about someone subtweeting. Bitch sh*t.

I love Snacks, but one of the guys Carl Banks has called out for quitting is Eli Apple (bottom of the screen), and for Damon to defend this type of behavior is a pretty scary thing.

Snacks always went out of his way to say he isn't a leader and to not expect that out of him.  If this is the sh*t he would tolerate, then that is a good thing.  Very odd hill he's chosen to die on.

32 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why wouldn’t you post this as to what Snacks was replying to? Give it a little context you know?

Because, then, it might compromise the point he's ultimately trying to make, which is, "MACC WAS SMART FOR LETTING HIM WALK"

10 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Tough call.  Carl Banks is right and has every right to tweet what he did.  I agree with what he tweeted as well.  Snacks also has every right to defend his teammate. 

There is no way defending Eli Apple's effort (see my first post), or any of the other players who have blatantly given up, looks good.

I don't even like Banks but Snacks looks like an idiot right now.

Just now, Mogglez said:

There is no way defending Eli Apple's effort (see my first post), or any of the other players who have blatantly given up, looks good.

I don't even like Banks but Snacks looks like an idiot right now.

nope, he isnt defending apples effort, he is defending his teammates that someone is criticizing.  i have no doubt that snacks hasnt said/done things behind closed doors as he is noted for doing.  like that saying, you can lead a horse to water...

14 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

nope, he isnt defending apples effort, he is defending his teammates that someone is criticizing.  i have no doubt that snacks hasnt said/done things behind closed doors as he is noted for doing.  like that saying, you can lead a horse to water...

Snacks and his teammates have said on multiple occasions that he isn't a leader and that he isn't interested in stepping into that role because it just isn't him, so I actuallyy doubt that he has said anything behind closed doors.  He's been referred to as the quietest guy on the team by a number of Giants players.

Honestly, when an all-time Franchise player like Banks calls out a guy (multiple guys actually) for effort, and even the fans at home can see it plain as day, maybe the one time he decides he wants to step up and play Pretend Captain, on Twitter no less, shouldn't be to defend his friends because someone said mean things about them for acting like dipsh*ts.  That's not commendable nor is it smart.  He should have kept his mouth shut, only opening it to tell the guys in that locker room that this whole situation is their faults for not giving 2 sh*ts on Sundays, and that they should be ashamed of themselves for having zero pride.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Snacks and his teammates have said on multiple occasions that he isn't a leader and that he isn't interested in stepping into that role because it just isn't him, so I honestly doubt that he has said anything behind closed doors.  He's been referred to as the quietest guy on the team by a number of Giants players.

Honestly, when an all-time Franchise player like Banks calls out a guy (multiple guys tbh) for effort and even the fans at home can see it plain as day, maybe the one time he decides he wants to step up and play Pretend Captain shouldn't be to defend his friends because someone said mean things about him.  That's not commendable nor is it smart.  He should have kept his mouth shut, only opening it to tell the guys in that lockerroom that this whole situation is their faults for not giving 2 sh*ts on Sundays.

sorry mang but we dont agree on this.

A leader can be quiet, he doesnt have to be rah rah ray lewis to be a leader.  he could post something on the internet defending his teammate and then go to the teammate and say, dont make me a liar.  something that others outside of the team may think foolish. I am not behind the scenes so i dont know.  i do know that there have been a couple of articles that came out with other players talking about snacks saying/doing things that a leader would do.  Then when he gets questioned by the media he brushes it off as if it was nothing.  

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I love Snacks, but one of the guys Carl Banks has called out for quitting is Eli Apple (bottom of the screen), and for Damon to defend this type of behavior is a pretty scary thing.

Snacks always went out of his way to say he isn't a leader and to not expect that out of him.  If this is the sh*t he would tolerate, then that is a good thing.  Very odd hill he's chosen to die on.

It is embarrassing defending play like that!!

Good Grief!!!

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Oh man. That is tough to watch even for a non-Giants fan. You can’t have a successful team when you have players giving that type of effort. It’s cancerous. 

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Lol. That’s like saying giants should play Eli as long as he wants no matter how bad he is, simply because he helped them win 2 rings ?

Archived