Eli? It's Sanchez The Scapegoat You Should Be Outraged About You Stupid Fools

SAR I

Everything being said about Eli Manning and the lack of wide receivers, running game, offensive line, and offensive coordination and being passed off as a scapegoat for his GM and head coach is precisely what happened to Mark Sanchez.

So laugh it up Jets fans. This happened to your quarterback in this town too. And Mark Sanchez 2012 was a far better quarterback than Eli Manning 2017.  And unlike Giants fans who are screaming bloody murder right now, you drank the Kool Aid the media fed you.  Buttfumble videos on YouTube hurt your pathetic little millennial safespace feelings and blinded you to the best quarterback we've had since Namath.  

It's Year 5 of the post-Sanchez era.  You got what you wanted.  Hope you're happy.

SAR I

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO The Sanchez haters that were banned from Jetsinsider for speaking out about how awful Sanchez was were proven right in the end. There should be a thread where all the moderators and shills just apologize to the brave few who spoke out. Would have had at least 1 superbowl ring if they never traded Pennington for Favre. **** You Tannenbaum.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I know, it's a shame he got away and won all those playoff games and superbowls with his new teamS. 

Nothing kills a young quarterback faster than a lack of support from the FO and the HC and the resulting lack of confidence that goes along with it.

More importantly, how we doing?  How are your Jets since you ran Mark Sanchez out of town? 

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Everything being said about Eli Manning and the lack of wide receivers, running game, offensive line, and offensive coordination and being passed off as a scapegoat for his GM and head coach is precisely what happened to Mark Sanchez.

So laugh it up Jets fans. This happened to your quarterback in this town too. And Mark Sanchez 2012 was a far better quarterback than Eli Manning 2017.  And unlike Giants fans who are screaming bloody murder right now, you drank the Kool Aid the media fed you.  Buttfumble videos on YouTube hurt your pathetic little millennial safespace feelings and blinded you to the best quarterback we've had since Namath.  

It's Year 5 of the post-Sanchez era.  You got what you wanted.  Hope you're happy.

SAR I

Yeah minus the two freaking Super Bowls victories. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah minus the two freaking Super Bowls. 

Touché

Sanchez was no doubt this franchise's golden boy but with dumbass Rex and bean counter Tanny in charge, indeed they didn't do enough to promote his growth. When Rex put Sanchez into that meaningless 4th quarter pre season game, we ALL should have realized just how disfunctional team management  truly was.

Still, this benching of Eli isn't in any way shape and form similar to the Sanchez benching. It's simply wrong.

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

LMAO The Sanchez haters that were banned from Jetsinsider for speaking out about how awful Sanchez was were proven right in the end. There should be a thread where all the moderators and shills just apologize to the brave few who spoke out. Would have had at least 1 superbowl ring if they never traded Pennington for Favre. **** You Tannenbaum.

Blah, blah, blah.

History shows that the Jets would have been smarter to get the 22 year old some decent WR's and RB's, a real offensive coordinator, and a new head coach than all that has transpired these last 5, long, horrid years.

You've been proven wrong.  Dead wrong.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah minus the two freaking Super Bowls victories. 

Resumes don't mean anything.

Mark Sanchez 2012 was a better quarterback than Eli Manning 2017.  Mark Sanchez 2012 had more promise than Eli Manning 2017.

It's tragic what Jets fans allowed to happen.  Strike that; what Jets fans made happen.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Oh please. :rolleyes:

Not this moronic argument yet again. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez 2012 was a better quarterback than Eli Manning 2017.  Mark Sanchez 2012 had more promise than Eli Manning 2017.

It's tragic what Jets fans allowed to happen.  Strike that; what Jets fans made happen.

SAR I

your tears are delicious, taste like skittles

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

One thing has nothing to do with the other. And one of those things has 2 very important things,and the other doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

thanks for the laugh

2009:  As a 22 year old rookie who should still be in college, finishes the year on a 7-2 run.  Wins 2 road playoff games.  Is the best Jet on the field in the AFC Championship Game.

2010:  11-5 record is second best in team history.  Continues run, wins 16 of 20 games, best streak in team history.  Turns 5 fourth quarter defensive collapse losses into shocking last minute victories.  Wins 2 more road playoff games.  Responsible for the epic playoff upset in New England, second best win in team history.  Is the best Jet on the field in the AFC Championship Game, second year in a row.

2011:  Sitting at 8-5 with three easy games to go before the Rex Ryan Defense lets Victor Cruz go 99 yards and lets the Eagles score 45 points.  Instead of another 11-5 season, Jets miss the playoffs, Rex Ryan and the D collapse late in the year just like they no-showed in the AFC Championship Games.

2012:  Tony Sparano named offensive coordinator.  Tim Tebow circus comes to town.  Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, Fat Shonn Greene, and a suspect OL bury Mark Sanchez.

2013:  Scapegoated.

History shows that we should have given Mark Sanchez a mulligan for 2012.  He earned it.  We as fans deserved to see what he might have grown into at age 26 with proper coaching and a decent set of WR's to bond with.  And what we've seen since is garbage.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing kills a young quarterback faster than a lack of support from the FO and the HC and the resulting lack of confidence that goes along with it.

More importantly, how we doing?  How are your Jets since you ran Mark Sanchez out of town? 

SAR I

no support from the hc? was that a ryan fitzpatrick tattoo on rex's wife?  seems to me sanchez did himself no favors.  granted tanny didn't get him any great receivers although he did have holmes and edwards for one season with cotch and keller.  not a bad group.  of holmes had his meltdown the following season and edwards was toast.  the thing is those first two seasons sanchez had a team that was primed both offensively and defensively for success.  he was part of it much like ELIte was part of those superbowl winning giants teams.  neither qb could win games all by themselves.  and sanchez never had command of the team like even mccown has.

i agree that sanchez was a better qb than the guys that came after and it's possible that they wouldn't be in a 6 year playoff drought had he been kept.  but that's water under the bridge.  and many of those same personal excuses can be made for geno.  who knows if he didn't get slugged by ik?

Sanchez is still in his prime and is behind Mike Glennon and Mitch Trubisky. You want to say Sanchez got screwed a bit by Rex? OK. But you're going to have to explain why he's barely in the league at this point. Everyone in this league controls their own destiny. We put way too much stock into perceived circumstances. Guys find a way to perform if they have the goods. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And what we've seen since is garbage.

SAR I

This part is true. But it does not validate anything else you wrote. But you get an A for effort. Useless that it may be.

You've turned into a Jets fan hating malcontent, conveniently blaming Jets fans for things the organization did wrong. Not worth all the time you put in to this, frankly.

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sanchez had two chances to get us to a Suoerbowl. He failed. Now I know it wasn’t his fault and all but he wasn’t good enough in either of those two games. 

After that the Jets screwed the kid royally. Idiotic head scratching terrible moves. Yet kid was either not good enough or baby shit  soft. Either way he had ample opportunity to come back and prove himself with other teams. 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2009:  As a 22 year old rookie who should still be in college, finishes the year on a 7-2 run.  Wins 2 road playoff games.  Is the best Jet on the field in the AFC Championship Game.

2010:  11-5 record is second best in team history.  Continues run, wins 16 of 20 games, best streak in team history.  Turns 5 fourth quarter defensive collapse losses into shocking last minute victories.  Wins 2 more road playoff games.  Responsible for the epic playoff upset in New England, second best win in team history.  Is the best Jet on the field in the AFC Championship Game, second year in a row.

2011:  Sitting at 8-5 with three easy games to go before the Rex Ryan Defense lets Victor Cruz go 99 yards and lets the Eagles score 45 points.  Instead of another 11-5 season, Jets miss the playoffs, Rex Ryan and the D collapse late in the year just like they no-showed in the AFC Championship Games.

2012:  Tony Sparano named offensive coordinator.  Tim Tebow circus comes to town.  Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, Fat Shonn Greene, and a suspect OL bury Mark Sanchez.

2013:  Scapegoated.

History shows that we should have given Mark Sanchez a mulligan for 2012.  He earned it.  We as fans deserved to see what he might have grown into at age 26 with proper coaching and a decent set of WR's to bond with.  And what we've seen since is garbage.

SAR I

i go along with your timeline and even though marky didn't do himself any favors he was tossed aside for idzik's boy geno.  had he not been injured in that preseason game things might've turned out differently.  and if geno paid ik $600 things might've turned out differently again.  and if idzik hits on half of his draft picks things turn out better still.  the bottom line is the jets are where they are irrespective of what they did with sanchez.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Sanchez is still in his prime and his behind Mike Glennon and Mitch Trubisky. You want to say Sanchez got screwed a bit by Rex? OK. But you're going to have to explain why he's barely in the league at this point. 

shhhhhhhh..... they are all wrong... broncos and the eagles too.... sanchez got the raw deal.... he wasnt coddled his first 2 years here with a superior run game/oline.  everyone has had it in for teh sanchize!!!!!  shame on us!!!!

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

But didn't you say Geno Smith would never ever QB in the NFL again something about the CFL...

I do agree about Mark Sanchez he took us to back-to-back AFC Championships I miss those days. 

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

no support from the hc? was that a ryan fitzpatrick tattoo on rex's wife?  seems to me sanchez did himself no favors.  granted tanny didn't get him any great receivers although he did have holmes and edwards for one season with cotch and keller.  not a bad group.  of holmes had his meltdown the following season and edwards was toast.  the thing is those first two seasons sanchez had a team that was primed both offensively and defensively for success.  he was part of it much like ELIte was part of those superbowl winning giants teams.  neither qb could win games all by themselves.  and sanchez never had command of the team like even mccown has.

i agree that sanchez was a better qb than the guys that came after and it's possible that they wouldn't be in a 6 year playoff drought had he been kept.  but that's water under the bridge.  and many of those same personal excuses can be made for geno.  who knows if he didn't get slugged by ik?

Sanchez was a kid, a 22 year old kid.  And yet what he showed with some mediocre (Schottenheimer) and awful (Sporano) offensive coordinators and some mediocre (Edwards, Tomlinson, Jones) and awful (Schillens, Gates, Hill, Greene) weapons was admirable.

By the time he was a mere 25 years old, he was 9-7, 11-5, and 8-5 before Rex Ryan's #1 Top Best Defense was exposed.  We'd kill for a 25 year old QB with that resume right now.  And yet we had one.  And we blew it.  And Jets fans were a part of the tragedy, their man-love for the Foot Fetish Fraud blinding them to the promising prospect we had drafted who still was just a child and had one bad season that was excusable if you look at the lack of talent around him.

SAR I

I was a Sanchez fan and agree that he got screwed over by a poor management team not getting him the proper support as well as a coach that promoted chaos.  He was a game manager that could win with a strong defense and strong running game.  All that being said he was never going to be a qb that carried a team and his weaknesses have been exposed in his three destinations since then.

As far as the fans driving him out of town, fans don’t really have the power that some people on this board seem to thin.  We don’t have any say in personnel decisions and the team doesn’t win or lose depending on whether we root for a win or a loss.  

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sanchez was a kid, a 22 year old kid.  And yet what he showed with some mediocre (Schottenheimer) and awful (Sporano) offensive coordinators and some mediocre (Edwards, Tomlinson, Jones) and awful (Schillens, Gates, Hill, Greene) weapons was admirable.

By the time he was a mere 25 years old, he was 9-7, 11-5, and 8-5 before Rex Ryan's #1 Top Best Defense was exposed.  We'd kill for a 25 year old QB with that resume right now.  And yet we had one.  And we blew it.  And Jets fans were a part of the tragedy, their man-love for the Foot Fetish Fraud blinding them to the promising prospect we had drafted who still was just a child and had one bad season that was excusable if you look at the lack of talent around him.

SAR I

we'll never know.  who knows how well he would've done instead of geno.  i can't see the jets fans dumping him.  it was idzik who wanted his boy in charge. and likewise, geno got his comeuppance when ik broke his jaw.  much as bowles gets blames for fitzt he was going to start geno until he got knocked out.  and fitzy did play well enough to warrant another season.

3 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I was a Sanchez fan and agree that he got screwed over by a poor management team not getting him the proper support as well as a coach that promoted chaos.  He was a game manager that could win with a strong defense and strong running game.  All that being said he was never going to be a qb that carried a team and his weaknesses have been exposed in his three destinations since then.

As far as the fans driving him out of town, fans don’t really have the power that some people on this board seem to thin.  We don’t have any say in personnel decisions and the team doesn’t win or lose depending on whether we root for a win or a loss.  

hmmm....what qb does carry his team these days?  it may be the most important position but without an oline or decent receivers even the best qb is in trouble.

28 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

your tears are delicious, taste like skittles

No one was crying in August 2012.  Back to back AFC Championship Games.  Soundly whipped Tom Brady and the Bill Belichick Patriots in Gillette Stadium in the divisional round.  Jets solidly an elite AFC team.  Spent that summer debating if we had enough cap space to sign Nnamdi Asomugha, remember?  "With Revis and Aso we'll be unstoppable!!!!!" was the discussion forum battle cry.  Not a single word about the quarterback.  The kid looked great.  Battle tested with epic fourth quarter comebacks and 4 playoff games.  All set at QB.  No one said a word about upgrading the position.

Few months later, we're sitting at 8-5 with 3 winnable games against teams with losing records before the defense falls to pieces against Victor Cruz. 9-7.  11-5.  8-5.  Not a bad body of work for a 22 year old kid.

The next year, it's Chaz Schillens, Tim Tebow, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, and Tony Sporano.  No QB could survive that.  Just like Eli Manning this year.

Only Giants fans are smart enough to see what's going on here.  The lame GM and terrible HC trying to save their skins.  Jets fans, different story.  They love the fat man with the foot fetish, kick the kid quarterback to the curb.  The only thing worse than what Rex Ryan did to Mark Sanchez is what Jets fans did to Mark Sanchez.  Shame on all of you.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You've turned into a Jets fan hating malcontent, conveniently blaming Jets fans for things the organization did wrong. Not worth all the time you put in to this, frankly.

Greg McElroy
Geno Smith
Tim Tebow
Matt Simms
Michael Vick
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Bryce Petty
Christian Hackenberg
Josh McCown

Let me be the first to thank you for this terrific group of quality quarterbacks who surely were a step above what Mark Sanchez could have been if we held onto the emerging franchise quarterback instead of the foot fetishing self-promoter.  You are right, we are soooo much better off with Mark Sanchez out of New York, he'd done nothing to prove worthy of a mulligan for 2012, the organization did right by him to kick him to the curb, and the quarterback position has never been so rock-solid as it has been since #6 was sent out to get murdered in a preseason game.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one was crying in August 2012.  Back to back AFC Championship Games.  Soundly whipped Tom Brady and the Bill Belichick Patriots in Gillette Stadium in the divisional round.  Jets solidly an elite AFC team.  Spent that summer debating if we had enough cap space to sign Nnamdi Asomugha, remember?  "With Revis and Aso we'll be unstoppable!!!!!" was the discussion forum battle cry.  Not a single word about the quarterback.  The kid looked great.  Battle tested with epic fourth quarter comebacks and 4 playoff games.  All set at QB.  No one said a word about upgrading the position.

Few months later, we're sitting at 8-5 with 3 winnable games against teams with losing records before the defense falls to pieces against Victor Cruz. 9-7.  11-5.  8-5.  Not a bad body of work for a 22 year old kid.

The next year, it's Chaz Schillens, Tim Tebow, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, and Tony Sporano.  No QB could survive that.  Just like Eli Manning this year.

Only Giants fans are smart enough to see what's going on here.  The lame GM and terrible HC trying to save their skins.  Jets fans, different story.  They love the fat man with the foot fetish, kick the kid quarterback to the curb.  The only thing worse than what Rex Ryan did to Mark Sanchez is what Jets fans did to Mark Sanchez.  Shame on all of you.

SAR I

They're tanking properly. Sometimes you have to swim through a 500 yard crap-filled drainpipe to get freedom or Sam Darnold. And if I'm running any sports franchise, while it's better to be a nice guy, there are times that necessarily takes a backseat to business. Unless you think there's value in watching Willie Mays flub fly balls at Shea Stadium. 

34 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sanchez had two chances to get us to a Suoerbowl. He failed. Now I know it wasn’t his fault and all but he wasn’t good enough in either of those two games. 

No doubt if he were Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger back in 2009 or 2010 we'd have won a Super Bowl.

But remember who he was and what he was brought here to be-  the Jets of that era were built to win on the '85 Chicago Bears defense and the '78 Pittsburgh Steelers ground game.  If Rex Ryan's defense and Rex Ryan's rushing attack showed up in those Championship Games, Mark Sanchez played well enough as a complimentary piece to get the job done, he was arguably the best Jet on the field in both AFC Finals. 

Point is, define "good enough" in a world where we weren't in a position to draft the next franchise QB and the next franchise QB wasn't sitting there to be drafted.  For what he was, he was exactly what our offensive and defensive strategy called for.  He played the role of Jim McMahon, Brad Johnson, and Joe Flacco to a tee.  And that's what was required at the time.

You can't blame Mark Sanchez for not being Tom Brady.  You blame Rex Ryan for failing to get his supposed great Defense to step up for entire halves of AFC Championship Games.  Because if they did, if they got off the bus in the first half at Pittsburgh and played better in the second half in Indianapolis, we go to back to back Super Bowls, we win one, Mark Sanchez is in the Ring Of Honor, all for playing exactly like he did.

SAR I

Archived