Eli? It's Sanchez The Scapegoat You Should Be Outraged About You Stupid Fools

SAR I

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how Sanchez was brought in by Elway, nurtured and then shined. Then he left for Dallas on that big free agent contract. And Geno Smith looked so good in practice that the Giants had to bench a hall of famer in Eli.

Can't believe the Jets let all this talent just walk away. 

Had some odd threads on this board.

Cannot begin to understand this one.

Giants see the draft loaded with QBs, and they have a very well-paid QB on the downside. Tanking right now makes a world of sense. And Manning will find himself happy and well-paid with one more chance to grab the ring in Denver or New Orleans, that is if he wants to. There are no old timers tours in the NFL. 

None of that has anything to do with Mark Sanchez. 

No amount of verbiage makes it so that Mark Sanchez's career is in any way like Eli Manning's career except geography and position. 

Give SAR a mulligan; he has gone out on a limb here after not thinking his premise through. 

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

When you say lighting it up that preseason, do you mean week 1, when he went 4/6 for 21 yards?  Or, did you mean week 2, when he went 9/11 for 59 yards and a pick?  Or, were you talking about week 3 when he went 11/18 for 123 yards and a pick?

You were probably actually talking about 2013, not 2012.  Did you mean week 1, when he went 10/13 for 125 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT? Or week 2, when he went 13/23 for 169 with 1 TD and 1 INT?  Or, the week he got hurt, when he was 5/6 for 72?

Which of these was "lighting it up?"

it's friggin preseason so "lighting it up" may be a little too much of a superlative.  the point is he was doing pretty well in preseason, 2013, before he got hurt.  considering that they were coming off the buttfumble season it showed he was ready to play again.  the point is he was going to be the starting qb and geno wasn't.

6 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

There are a whole lot of things that can be laid on the fans but Sanchez trutherism isn't one of them. I can count on one hand the number of people who weren't huffing his farts until it was too late. It's just that most of them aren't quite so ridiculous as to still be fighting this war circa too late plus seven years. Your old schtick was way better than this schtick and your old schtick was ******* terrible.

Your sexual harassment has been reported. 

SAR I

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

Once again... Why is Tim Tebow relevant?

That's like asking why it is relevant that your girlfriend's ex-boyfriend is suddenly in her life again, hanging around everywhere she goes, drawing attention from friends, taking her brother to the movies. Harmless or hurts your relationship?

SAR I

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

My premis is flawed? Lol look at yours:

Youre saying that a guy who was given a slew of starting roles didnt get a fair shot. Meanwhile hes busted everywhere else he played. 

Revisit this

Sanchez haters want to talk about his post Jets career as if that some sort of confirmation that the Jets did the right thing in getting rid of him.  Stop already.  It's irrelevant.

Take yourself back to February 2012.  Jets had just gone 9-7, 11-5, and were an impressive 8-5 before the December swoon. What did the Jets do to help Mark Sanchez and the offense improve?  That is the critical moment right there.

That is where the Mark Sanchez trajectory changes for the worse because the Jets made some of the worst personal decisions in modern history.   Chaz Schillens, Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Tony Sparano, and the Tim Tebow Sideshow.  You were surprised that we went 6-10 in 2012? That was some sort of unexpected shock to you?   You don't think that with a legit offensive coordinator, a real receiving corps, improved offensive line, and NFL caliber tight ends that Mark Sanchez couldn't have played better?   You're sniffing glue if you can't see what went down.

By the time Mark Sanchez winds up on the Philadelphia Eagles, he had a season of humiliation with Tim Tebow looking over his shoulder and Rex Ryan throwing him under the bus at every opportunity, then a blown throwing arm and the loss of an entire season. That's two years of unnecessary torture inflicted by the Jets. Don't judge him after that. Judge him before. 

SAR I

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mark Sanchez was a below average qb on a very talented team with the best defense and good running game. A team that carried him the same exact way the ravens Carried Trent dilfer. Dilfer at least got the ring, Sanchez choked terribly in both afc championship games. He is barely hanging on a 3rd stringers in the prime of his career yrs. just because some idiot has a man crush on him (SER) , doesn’t change these facts. 

Mark Sanchez won 5 games in the 2010 season late in the fourth quarter with heroic high-pressure comebacks turning a 6-10 season into an 11-5 campaign. 

Mark Sanchez passing provided a 10 point lead on the road in Indianapolis in his first AFC Championship Game, and it was the defense and OL that allowed Pittsburgh 24 unanswered points because they did not get off the bus. 

Watch. The. Games. Before. Speaking. Again. 

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sanchez haters want to talk about his post Jets career as if that some sort of confirmation that the Jets did the right thing in getting rid of him.  Stop already.  It's irrelevant.

Take yourself back to February 2012.  Jets had just gone 9-7, 11-5, and were an impressive 8-5 before the December swoon. What did the Jets do to help Mark Sanchez and the offense improve?  That is the critical moment right there.

That is where the Mark Sanchez trajectory changes for the worse because the Jets made some of the worst personal decisions in modern history.   Chaz Schillens, Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Tony Sparano, and the Tim Tebow Sideshow.  You were surprised that we went 6-10 in 2012? That was some sort of unexpected shock to you?   You don't think that with a legit offensive coordinator, a real receiving corps, improved offensive line, and NFL caliber tight ends that Mark Sanchez couldn't have played better?   You're sniffing glue if you can't see what went down.

By the time Mark Sanchez winds up on the Philadelphia Eagles, he had a season of humiliation with Tim Tebow looking over his shoulder and Rex Ryan throwing him under the bus at every opportunity, then a blown throwing arm and the loss of an entire season. That's two years of unnecessary torture inflicted by the Jets. Don't judge him after that. Judge him before. 

SAR I

Or maybe he could have not been such a pussy.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

sanchez is a failure because he is a meat head child, not because of anything that was done to him

he's such a clown I don't even need to use the butt fumble to humiliate you

download (1).jpg

images34.jpg

download (2)346.jpg

download (2)7867.jpg

download (2)5858.jpg

download (2)4574.jpg

SAR has made some solid points but your argument is well founded. Mark must be held accountable for his immaturity.  He had one good game in Philly and that night was at Genos having cheese steaks and signing autographs. 

You would never see that of a true QB.  At 22 he should have been coached and developed MUCH  better but he has some real responsibility here as well.  

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Mark Sanchez won 5 games in the 2010 season late in the fourth quarter with heroic high-pressure comebacks turning a 6-10 season into an 11-5 campaign. 

Mark Sanchez passing provided a 10 point lead on the road in Indianapolis in his first AFC Championship Game, and it was the defense and OL that allowed Pittsburgh 24 unanswered points because they did not get off the bus. 

Watch. The. Games. Before. Speaking. Again. 

SAR I

Shon Greene had a solid 1st half but got hurt 1 minute into the 3rd. Looking at the play by play, Sanchez played well in the 1st half too.But Sanchez couldn't do what had to be done in the 2nd half.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001240clt.htm

49 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Giants see the draft loaded with QBs, and they have a very well-paid QB on the downside. Tanking right now makes a world of sense. And Manning will find himself happy and well-paid with one more chance to grab the ring in Denver or New Orleans, that is if he wants to. There are no old timers tours in the NFL. 

No amount of verbiage makes it so that Mark Sanchez's career is in any way like Eli Manning's career except geography and position. 

Give SAR a mulligan; he has gone out on a limb here after not thinking his premise through. 

Eli Manning is being scapegoated by his head coach. That is the analogy to Mark Sanchez tenure in New York.

Giants fans could see what was going on here and were outraged. Jet fans were fooled by Rex Ryan and whistled while he walked the best young quarterback prospect we've seen since Joe Namath out the door and kicked him to the curb. 

Mark Sanchez was sitting nicely at 8-5 in the 2011 season. The performance of the offense in 2012 was completely the responsibility of Jets management, the GM, and especially the head coach who hired Tony Sparano.  2013 got Mark injured and he didn't play a down.

The last time we saw a healthy Mark Sanchez guiding a respectable Jets offense he went to the playoffs in back to back years and had the Jets sitting at 8-5 in December of his third season. He deserved another chance under a better head coach and a legitimate NFL offensive coordinator.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Ditto. I thought it was an enormous joke until the OP, with help from a sorry Sanchez groupie, actually persisted in his attempt to turn a turd into a gold nugget. Even the most eccentric alchemist would have shied from such a howler, but here we are, several pages in on one of the most idiotic threads I've read here in a while. It's good that a  few here have memories else the old addage that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth would likely prevail. All we have to do is imagine how well the Jets would have done with an average QB during those years to know just how inadequate Mark Sanchez really was. Not his fault, but then again, we're not here to discuss his personality, just his capability as a QB.

1 hour ago, Larz said:

sanchez is a failure because he is a meat head child, not because of anything that was done to him

he's such a clown I don't even need to use the butt fumble to humiliate you

download (1).jpg

images34.jpg

download (2)346.jpg

download (2)7867.jpg

download (2)5858.jpg

download (2)4574.jpg

I think his true calling is to be Vincent Chase in a reboot of Entourage

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

That's like asking why it is relevant that your girlfriend's ex-boyfriend is suddenly in her life again, hanging around everywhere she goes, drawing attention from friends, taking her brother to the movies. Harmless or hurts your relationship?

SAR I

Except, Tebow was not our ex-boyfriend.  Our fanbase thought he was a joke.  The fact that Sanchez couldn't handle having a "name" back-up speaks about his poor mental make-up, if anything.  The Jets didn't do Sanchez any favors, but the reason Sanchez failed is because he could not, and still cannot, throw a football accurately.  It's really that simple.

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

As the owner of a message board I have to say, this is awesome. Makes me so happy that these thoughts exist.  :)

Maxman Someone should do a poll,” how many on this board actually thought Mark Sanchez “ when hearing the Eli benching news lol. Besides the obvious 1 Who still sleeps in his Sanchez jersey ?. If it was Sanchez who was the giants backup getting the start, and the Giants happened to pay the jets,  I’m curious which team OP would be rooting for ?

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Ditto. I thought it was an enormous joke until the OP, with help from a sorry Sanchez groupie, actually persisted in his attempt to turn a turd into a gold nugget. Even the most eccentric alchemist would have shied from such a howler, but here we are, several pages in on one of the most idiotic threads I've read here in a while. It's good that a  few here have memories else the old addage that a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth would likely prevail. All we have to do is imagine how well the Jets would have done with an average QB during those years to know just how inadequate Mark Sanchez really was. Not his fault, but then again, we're not here to discuss his personality, just his capability as a QB.

When you care more about Mark fing Sanchez more than the jets, you know you have problems??

9 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

Not disagreeing with anything you said. The Jets didn’t do him any favors but this notion that a professional athlete can’t pull him self up by his bootstraps after experiencing adversity and a ding to his confidence is nonsense. Whatever happened to Marc on the Jets should have motivated him to work as hard as he could and maximize his abilities elsewhere to prove the naysayers wrong. He obviously couldn’t do that either because he wasn’t mentally tough enough or just wasn’t physically capable of getting any better so he is exactly where he deserves to be right now

This I agree with fully, but remember that whatever the Jets were doing to make him feel wanted and confident worked.  It worked really, really well.  22 years old, NFL newb, should have been in college, instead he's making Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady look bad.

And that's my point.  It's not about what Mark Sanchez is in 2017.  It's about what he was in 2012 before he was betrayed by his Offensive Coordinator, his Head Coach, his GM, and his Owner.  The very same guys who were recruiting him 36 months earlier, who were spilling champagne on his head 24 months earlier, and who gave him a contract extension 12 months earlier, were now talking to Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow and drafting Geno Smith. 

Woody Johnson, like other Jets fans, was duped by the Foot Fetishist and embarrassed by the Buttfumble.  The price that was paid to save Rex's job and make the stink of a meaningless play in a meaningless season go away was our franchise quarterback.  He was thriving in New York.  He was showing year over year growth for his first three seasons.  It wasn't immaturity that brought him down.  It wasn't a big hit in Baltimore either.  It was a betrayal by his New York family.  He was only 24.  He was just a kid.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mark Sanchez was a good part of the reason the two afc title years had to go the wild card route.  The team had a great oline, defense and running game.  his inconsistent play and errors help the team, chuck a number of games that could have given them the div tile one year an perhaps a home game the other year.

As for the playoffs he was incapable of stringing together enough good games to win the super bowl .

The biggest indictment on the player was that in the following years after some experience and a bit of maturity he was expected to carry the load more and help us win games with his good play as a 5ht overall franchise QB.  In this he utterly and totally failed.

Super immature, coddled baby of a QB whop had some flashes but never toughened up and was far less a part of the two afc titles than people like to praise him for.

This guy in my mind is a cautionary tale against totally coddling your young QB being worried you might hurt his confidence and providing no competition at all.

His sh*tty play has been further proven by him doing nothing at all since leavening the jets.

The Jets would have been better off with Josh Mccown or Ryan Fitzpatrick in those two afc title runs.  (Oh how i lament favre walking away from that team.)

1.  He was 22 to 24 years old at the time you reference.  He was never drafted as a sure-thing Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck level.  He was an above average quarterback who was drafted for need.  Your expectations of Mark Sanchez in his first 3 years should have been next to nothing.  You are making Mark a scapegoat for overachieving.  Insane.

2.  Mark Sanchez was the best Jet on the field in both AFC Championship Games.  It's not his fault that everyone else sucked.

3.  The New York Jets of that era were built to win on DEFENSE and the GROUND game.  You mad that we didn't win the Super Bowl?  Be mad at THEM.  They were the areas we invested in.  They were the areas we were going to win with.  They let you down in the AFC Championships.  The kid quarterback?  He did more than we expected.  More.

4.  Congratulations.  You are the reason the Jets suck for the last 5 years and for the next 5 years.  You wanted Mark gone, you got it.  Every single QB since Mark has been worse.  Great job.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Last comment on the Sanchez element of all this: anyone who claims that all of Sanchez's bone-headed turnovers (at the worst possible times, no less) were caused by his lack of "offensive weapons", is trying to shift the blame off of where it always belonged: on Mark Sanchez.  He may not have had a great set of weapons after his first 2 years, but those turnovers occurred with or without them.  His inability to see the whole field caused many interceptions and his frequent fumbling all have nothing to do with inferior WRs and/or RBs. It has everything to do with his lack of field vision (he and Geno are identical in that respect) and his poor handling of the ball itself (he is one of the clumsiest QBs I have ever seen). Other QBs manage to get through cycles of poor rosters without constantly turning the ball over the way Sanchez did.  And because most of those turnovers occurred at crucial moments, it has everything to do with his lack of composure and football smarts too.  Sanchez was always a bum and post-Jets, other teams saw this too which accounts for his invisibility after leaving the Jets.

But go ahead and blame Jets fans for Mark's faults.  Wouldn't want to intrude on your convenience.

It takes 3 people to complete a pass:

1.  Quarterback
2.  Receiver
3.  Offensive Coordinator

In 2012, the year that you threw your franchise quarterback under the bus, we had the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL managing the worst roster of receivers in the NFL.

Blame Mark Sanchez!

SAR I

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

All we have to do is imagine how well the Jets would have done with an average QB during those years to know just how inadequate Mark Sanchez really was. Not his fault, but then again, we're not here to discuss his personality, just his capability as a QB.

Vinny Testaverde didn't have a winning record or play in a single playoff game for his first 8 years in the NFL, played on a more talented Jets team with a Hall of Fame head coach, Hall of Fame defensive coordinator, Hall of Fame running back, Hall of Fame center, and an All Pro wide receiver, went 1-2 in the playoffs throwing 4 TD's and 3 INT's. 

Chad Pennington played on a more talented Jets team with a Hall of Fame running back, Hall of Fame center, had 2 years on the bench to learn the game, and went 2-4 in the playoffs throwing 8 TD's and 8 INT's. 

Mark Sanchez played one of the least talented Jets team ever sent to the playoffs with no Hall of Fame players, coaches that are no longer in the NFL, sent in as a raw rookie at 22 years of age with no time to learn the game, and went 4-2 in the playoffs throwing 9 TD's and 3 INT‘s with the highest QBR in team postseason history. 

I highly recommend that you find copies of Mark Sanchez regular season and playoff games for his first three seasons, watch them, and then come back here and tell us how an average quarterback would've performed so much better. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I love how Sanchez was brought in by Elway, nurtured and then shined. Then he left for Dallas on that big free agent contract. And Geno Smith looked so good in practice that the Giants had to bench a hall of famer in Eli.

Can't believe the Jets let all this talent just walk away. 

Again with the argument that after the Jets screwed with his head, got him injured, cost him an entire year, and kicked him to the curb he was no good.  What an amazing revelation.

The last time we saw a healthy Mark Sanchez guiding a respectable Jets offense he went to the playoffs in back to back years and had the Jets sitting at 8-5 in December of his third season. He deserved another chance under a better head coach and a legitimate NFL offensive coordinator. The fact that he never got that chance after all he had proven as a 22-24 year old kid is mind-boggling. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again with the argument that after the Jets screwed with his head, got him injured, cost him an entire year, and kicked him to the curb he was no good.  What an amazing revelation.

The last time we saw a healthy Mark Sanchez guiding a respectable Jets offense he went to the playoffs in back to back years and had the Jets sitting at 8-5 in December of his third season. He deserved another chance under a better head coach and a legitimate NFL offensive coordinator. The fact that he never got that chance after all he had proven as a 22-24 year old kid is mind-boggling. 

SAR I

Good stuff man. I appreciate it. Thank you for selling this. Going to bring in a lot of posts. Seriously, thank you.

Come on guys.  Anyone who doesn't believe that Sar I isn't at the very least partially right about Mark's first 3 years here is full of beans.  He was adequate and then the FO/roster/CS let him down and so he failed.  We had an adequate QB and this franchised f*cked it up.  

42 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Come on guys.  Anyone who doesn't believe that Sar I isn't at the very least partially right about Mark's first 3 years here is full of beans.  He was adequate and then the FO/roster/CS let him down and so he failed.  We had an adequate QB and this franchised f*cked it up.  

Every team he was on after us F’d up too. He should probably sue for collusion. 

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

He played reasonably well his first 3 years but there's no way in heck that I believe he was going to be a good QB even if he was given a good OL, good weapons and competent OC's.  Sanchez was a bum.  He could be hidden behind a really good defense and running game if asked to do very little but there are plenty of QBs who can be productive if there's very little asked of them.  That is not how you measure a good QB though.  A good QB can win despite less-than-ideal conditions.  I'm still not 100% sure that SAR I believes what he writes.  I think he might be posting that stuff somewhat for attention.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Vinny Testaverde didn't have a winning record or play in a single playoff game for his first 8 years in the NFL, played on a more talented Jets team with a Hall of Fame head coach, Hall of Fame defensive coordinator, Hall of Fame running back, Hall of Fame center, and an All Pro wide receiver, went 1-2 in the playoffs throwing 4 TD's and 3 INT's. 

Chad Pennington played on a more talented Jets team with a Hall of Fame running back, Hall of Fame center, had 2 years on the bench to learn the game, and went 2-4 in the playoffs throwing 8 TD's and 8 INT's. 

Mark Sanchez played one of the least talented Jets team ever sent to the playoffs with no Hall of Fame players, coaches that are no longer in the NFL, sent in as a raw rookie at 22 years of age with no time to learn the game, and went 4-2 in the playoffs throwing 9 TD's and 3 INT‘s with the highest QBR in team postseason history. 

I highly recommend that you find copies of Mark Sanchez regular season and playoff games for his first three seasons, watch them, and then come back here and tell us how an average quarterback would've performed so much better. 

SAR I

Look, I get it. You're bored, the Jets are going nowhere. So you decided to wing a turkey leg at JetsNation and see if it hits anybody. What will your next topic be: 'Hitler was a nice guy; you're all fools?"

Archived