What if Geno does well ?

Jetsplayer21

Long shot yes, but he certainly can’t do worse than Eli Manning. Eli was once very good, but age caught up with him far sooner than his brother, Brady, ect. As jet fans we have to root for geno for 2 reasons. One is to torture giant fans who will go nuts if he does better than their shining knight Eli. Can the giants switch to Webb the following week like they wanted to if geno leads them to a win in Oak?

Two of the giants win a few while jets lose, we move down. 9ers are forced to start Vinny G now and May also start to win. Long shot we can get bellow 4, but it is a much greater chance than the jets ever had of making the playoffs this yr and many had faith in that fairy-tail. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then good for him. Geno never seemed like a bad person, just a young dude struggling to find a way to not be a dick, like almost all of us in our 20s. That said, his time here was done and he had plenty of chances. It was time for the Jets to move on.

If the guy found some peace, grew, and got his career together, then that's a good thing. One less jagoff on the planet.

I never thought he was a bad guy... He just couldn't pull off being the starter. Maybe it's his talent, maybe it was the coaching... Who knows? I've had plenty to complain about when it comes to his on the field skills and how it hurt the Jets, but I never disliked him as a person... So good for him if he finds some success over there. 

25 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Long shot yes, but he certainly can’t do worse than Eli Manning. Eli was once very good, but age caught up with him far sooner than his brother, Brady, ect. As jet fans we have to root for geno for 2 reasons. One is to torture giant fans who will go nuts if he does better than their shining knight Eli. Can the giants switch to Webb the following week like they wanted to if geno leads them to a win in Oak?

Two of the giants win a few while jets lose, we move down. 9ers are forced to start Vinny G now and May also start to win. Long shot we can get bellow 4, but it is a much greater chance than the jets ever had of making the playoffs this yr and many had faith in that fairy-tail. 

Eli may be on the decline, but he had no help.  What kind of QB would succeed under those circumstances?

You know what's the best part of all this? Ever since he got his jaw broken, he put his head down, shut up, and started grinding. Haven't heard a peep from him since. No dick pics, no altercations with airline attendants, no picking fights with dudes twice his size that are trained to kill. It's amazing what getting popped in the face can do for personal growth.

I posted this in another thread but it fits better here.

I realize it is blasphemous but I am actually more interested in seeing the Giants game this weekend to see how the "experiment" goes.

Also and here is the most interesting aspect, how will Jets fans react if Geno goes 19 for 25  300 yds 0 int and 2 TDs in a win?

And what if he has a run of nice  games to finish the season?

This place will be apoplectic.

3 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I realize it is blasphemous but I am actually more interested in seeing the Giants game this weekend to see how the "experiment" goes.

Also and here is the most interesting aspect, how will Jets fans react if Geno goes 19 for 25  300 yds 0 int and 2 TDs in a win?

I don't think so. Geno was horrible on and off the field here. Even his one time supporters (myself included) soured after he continued to make the same boneheaded mistakes over and over again every time he got into a game. I think Geno's talented enough to have bursts of success in this league. But he's not an answer to the QB position. I'm just hoping he leads the Giants to a few wins, hurts their draft position, and maybe even trick them into going into 2018 with Geno & Webb as the only two QBs on their roster.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What if Hack is a future HOFer? The odds are about the same.

15 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

i hope he does well.. very well. good for Geno ! ! 

hey, hopefully the giants will NOT pick a qb in the 2018 draft &... they pick AFTER we do  ;)  

Ha... Very, Very unlikely that Geno does well. Maybe that team plays better on D now and accidentally wins a few games moving behind us in draft order. That is all we can hope for. 

And if, just if, by some miracle Geno does well.... lol... then who cares. he won't be able to put together more than 1 good game. We saw enough of him to know.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

^That is the false narrative in all this^.

Eli has not been the creator of the Giants problems this year.

He has been the same Eli ........now sans all world receiver, running game and o-line.

Logic tells us Geno and Davis will get their balls kicked in and if it goes the way we expect it will prove Eli was not the cause but an effect.

What if Geno does well. It's a question the Giants needed to have given thought to and have a rough answer for before they gave him the starter role.

If he does well they need to consider he's only 27 with experience and they may want to move forward with him. On the other hand, they simply want him to play out the string regardless of performance and will go a QB in the draft anyway.

This is a big chance for Geno, some of the team may have given up a bit but I expect we'll see him come out throwing, just to which team is the thing.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Then good for him. Geno never seemed like a bad person, just a young dude struggling to find a way to not be a dick, like almost all of us in our 20s. That said, his time here was done and he had plenty of chances. It was time for the Jets to move on.

If the guy found some peace, grew, and got his career together, then that's a good thing. One less jagoff on the planet.

Well said, saved me the effort of writing it myself.

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Eli may be on the decline, but he had no help.  What kind of QB would succeed under those circumstances?

I agree completely, their line makes ours look like pro bowlers. No protection. Eli is the most flat foot qb in the nfl, especially now. That is about the worst combination you can have. Bad protection with a qb with cement shoes. Geno at least can scramble out of some rushes and get some runs. May have to keep the D honest. Unlike Eli where you can rush the house and not worry about him stepping up and getting a big run.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

I would say: YES! Thank You Geno "friggin"Smith for the better draft position and fooling another franchise into thinking you are the answer for them at QB.

Until training camp 2018:

Announces his new tag line " I'm Geno Smith Bitch"

Gets his ass knocked out by some UDFA for some stupid reason.

Loses his job to Colin Kaepernick who goes out and wins just enough games to not make the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would say: YES! Thank You Geno "friggin"Smith for the better draft position and fooling another franchise into thinking you are the answer for them at QB.

Loses his job to Colin Kaepernick who goes out and wins just enough games to not make the playoffs.

Sheldon-Cooper-Fan-Art-sheldon-cooper-33

39 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Interesting stuff. You have a fertile imagination!

And then maybe someday IK and Geno can do the autograph circuit as a pair kinda like Bill Buckner and Mookie Wilson.☺

Archived